Thread: Help me out

hugewood is offline New Member

Help me out

im playing football next year and need to gain weight. i havent lifted recently. i would appreciate some tips on how to gain weight with a high metabolism. i also need tips on how to weightlift properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me out-picture-17.jpg  

unclebeets is offline Junior Member
    With a fast metabolism you need to eat as much as you can, make sure that the calories are coming from clean foods and about 1.5g of protein per pound body weight. As far as the training you need to develop a good program and stick with it. You have a lot of natural growing left, make sure you dont even consider juice for at least a few more years. If you have specific questions about training ask away and myself or many others would be glad to help you out.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Screw clean foods. Just eat. But eat for protein. As in eat the burger before the fries... shit... since you are an ectormorph somotype, eat another burger. You need to get your body used to a new weight. So start bulking.

Since you are new - your best bet would be to get some books on proper exercise form and start getting used to the movements. In the beginning your strength will go up fast as you get the basic CNS and joint build up.

After about 4-6 weeks you shouldn't be wobbly or shaky anymore.

Get familiar with compound movements. Movements that work major muscle groups with a few secondaries as support. Good compound movements are Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts(!), Barbell Curls, Tricep Dips, Military Press (in the front), and Barbell Rows. These should be your core movements and your split should be upperbody/lower body.

IMPORTANT: Don't rush into a one bodypart per day thing, or one bodypart every 7 days. That is a big mistake. Don't train above your level. You stated you are a beginner so train like one so you advance to an Intermediate faster without overtraining.

Your basic split overview could be like this, which will work every bodypart once every 5 days:

DAY ONE: Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, Barbell Shrugs, Tricep Dips (don't lean forward, parallel bars), Preacher Cambered Curls
    DAY TWO: REST AND EAT
    DAY THREE: Squats, Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, Incline Dumbell Bench Press, Dumbell Military Press, Donkey Calf Raise, Leg Lifts
    DAY FOUR: REST AND EAT
    DAY FIVE: REST AND EAT
    REPEAT

Each exercise do about 2 warm ups, with 4 sets of 10 at a 4-0-2 tempo (3-0-2 for shorter range - like for bicep curls). So a bench press would be 4 second down, no stop, and 2 seconds up. Another common mistake is pausing after a rep - don't do that, keep continuous tension. Rest intervals between exercises should be 90-120 seconds.

This could be a bit much but you do seem to already have a build on you so go for it. If would also be good to change up exercise - just keep them compound... no concentration curls... or machines. Do it for about 8-12 weeks, rest a week and then find another split with a few more exercises.

Also, a front Bicep pose shouldn't go as far as your hands nearly touching your delts But hopefully next time you post pics your biceps will be too swole for you to do that again anyway... Good luck and train hard.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR

Aragorn

fast is offline Associate Member
    Welcome and eat eat eat

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Originally posted by Warrior
    Screw clean foods. Just eat. But eat for protein. As in eat the burger before the fries... shit... since you are an ectormorph somotype, eat another burger. You need to get your body used to a new weight. So start bulking.

Since you are new - your best bet would be to get some books on proper exercise form and start getting used to the movements. In the beginning your strength will go up fast as you get the basic CNS and joint build up.

After about 4-6 weeks you shouldn't be wobbly or shaky anymore.

Get familiar with compound movements. Movements that work major muscle groups with a few secondaries as support. Good compound movements are Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts(!), Barbell Curls, Tricep Dips, Military Press (in the front), and Barbell Rows. These should be your core movements and your split should be upperbody/lower body.

IMPORTANT: Don't rush into a one bodypart per day thing, or one bodypart every 7 days. That is a big mistake. Don't train above your level. You stated you are a beginner so train like one so you advance to an Intermediate faster without overtraining.

Your basic split overview could be like this, which will work every bodypart once every 5 days:

DAY ONE: Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, Barbell Shrugs, Tricep Dips (don't lean forward, parallel bars), Preacher Cambered Curls
    DAY TWO: REST AND EAT
    DAY THREE: Squats, Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, Incline Dumbell Bench Press, Dumbell Military Press, Donkey Calf Raise, Leg Lifts
    DAY FOUR: REST AND EAT
    DAY FIVE: REST AND EAT
    REPEAT

Each exercise do about 2 warm ups, with 4 sets of 10 at a 4-0-2 tempo (3-0-2 for shorter range - like for bicep curls). So a bench press would be 4 second down, no stop, and 2 seconds up. Another common mistake is pausing after a rep - don't do that, keep continuous tension. Rest intervals between exercises should be 90-120 seconds.

This could be a bit much but you do seem to already have a build on you so go for it. If would also be good to change up exercise - just keep them compound... no concentration curls... or machines. Do it for about 8-12 weeks, rest a week and then find another split with a few more exercises.

GREAT ADVICE! Also remember to eat every thing in sight and get plenty of sleep. At least 8 hours or more if possible.

dananimal is offline Junior Member
    Your insane. But good luck. Eat Eat EAt

bigwood is offline New Member
    please look at this site and not my other bigwood. sorry about 2 posts.. let me know how to delete my other one.

When you start a thread you can hit EDIT on the original post and an option will be available to delete the entire thread. Remember, you need to be logged in under the profile that created that thread.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Well....
    I think it would be better to give advice if we knew what position you were playing? I've coached a few minor league football teams in my area for quite awhile, as well as volunteered with my old High School's football team and I think I got a few tips that can help you out huge based on actual results.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    well hell, since noone else is going to tell you, I guess I will: EAT EAT EAT!!!!!!!!

swollenknuckles is offline New Member
    you can't win more than 10lbs lean muscle naturally till next year (presuming that is spring you're talking about) unless you're superman. if you want big gains, so you'll be a big boy you should think big.

DBOL should be big enough for you. you woun't have to worry about apetite...you'll get a boner the minute you see a steak.

Thread Information