Covey is offline Junior Member

Here is my pic! I need some help

I want to cut up dont really care about geting that big. I am 18 and never used anything and dont plan on it. I have just heard tha this is the place to go for some good advice and that the boys here know what thier talking about. So I would like to here as many thoughts on what I can do to change and cut up! Also exercise and diet tips would be awsome due to the fact that I have only been working out 4 months and am still new to all this. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here is my pic! I need some help-copy-0013.jpg  

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Cardio first thing in the morning at 70% to 80% of your maximum heart rate 4 times a week for 30 mins...

Cut back on your carbs and make sure most of the carbs you take in are complex carbs (i.e. oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.)

No carbs after 8pm, you'll just store them as fat at that point anyway...

Include a fat burner, ECA stack, hydroxycut or whatever you perfer...

Keep protein intake high to avoid as much muscle lose as possible... Try to take in at least 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight... I'd recommend 2 grams...

Make sure you are getting you essential fats in your diet (i.e. flax seed oil, omega 3's from salmon, etc.) this will help you burn fat...

Keep the intensity up in the gym and continue to lift as heavy as possible to prevent muscle lost as well...

BTW you have a nice base to work with, I know you said you didn't care about size, but you have the frame to be a monster... Something to think about...
    Last edited by Jack87; 12-09-2002 at 04:56 PM.

I agree 110% with Buff, low carb/high protein worked for me, no junk food, ECA daily.

I used to do 40-60 mins of cardio after my weights and it worked okay (dumped about 40 lbs of fat in a few months), but since I started doing 30-45 minutes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, woah did I see a difference. It gets 2, heck 3 thumbs up from me.

Hit the weights 3-4 times a week, be sure not to forget the abs.

Red

zillamonster is offline Junior Member
    Bump the Bros here! You have a great base to build mass. Go ahead and get cut , then think about adding some mass if you want. It is all in how you want to look.

Zilla

How do you know what your maximum heart rate is?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Bud you look awesome if you are natural. Buffy is correct here, do cardio am on an empty stomach, consume most of your carbs preferribly before lunch, may want to throw in some Xenedrine to help with the fat burning process. Otherwise keep doing what you are doing with the weights, you have a great shape, and good build.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    If u've only been working out for 4 months i would keep working on building a solid base, of course it already looks like u have a solid base.

Buff said some pretty good stuff, and of course whether dieting or bulking protein intake should always be high. I would keep doing your research and go through reading all the posts. I wouldn't make a ton of drastic changes too fast, or else u drop too much weight too fast which means u will be losing alot of muscle and fat at the same time. Aim for dropping about a pound per week, its not too much but its better to burn a pound of fat in a week then say losing say 3 pounds in a week but 1 of those 3 pounds were muscle.

wantbigmusl is offline Junior Member
    looking good man, Wish I looked like that first starting to workout! You should be big in no time!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Jesus, you look like that after 4 months? You have to be an athlete in some sport or another to have that much muscle on your frame. Anyway, especially if what you're saying is true, you could be massive if you keep it up, which is what I would do in your position - bulk up some more first, and then shed the pounds.

harl is offline Associate Member
    4 months good 1

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Covey
    How do you know what your maximum heart rate is?
    220 subtract your age and that is your maximum heart rate... Roughly speaking everyone is different, but this is the formula... Then figure out what 70% to 80% is and that's where you should keep your heart rate for your cardio...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

?

Originally posted by harl
    4 months good 1
    Looks like 4 months is totally possible to me.

My cousin never works out, and is one of those freaks.......he walks around looking like he lifts, but doesn't........he's way more developed then this guy, so I believe him when he says he's been hittin' it for 4 months........

Keep hittin' it for 4 years before u even mention GEAR.

~SC~XXL~2K2~

All I have done in the past is run and I am almost out of High school and all I care about now is looking good so thanx for the positive input guys. Does one pec look bigger then the other? How do I get the cut in the bicep and tri? Also any help on geting the abs out of the fat would be awsome. Thanx

What would you say my body fat is in that pic? How much % would I have to drop to get looking good?

nynsb is offline Banned
    Covey,
    You look like your in the 13--15% BF range.
    To get that tight look the girls want to touch you need to get below 10%.
    Also, got to watch those lovehandles, nothing worse than a girl given you a little pinch.

Thread Information