Thread: some indian kid

jasoo is offline New Member

some indian kid

Hey guys,

First time posting here, but I've been lurking for a little bit. I was hoping I could get some advice from all you gurus.

First, I know it doesn't look like it, but I've been working out consistently for probably 9 months now. The results have been somewhat disappointing, but I never fully devoted myself to it (i.e. dieting, cardio, etc). And, I'm prepared to start now.

Here's some stats:
    1) I'm a 21yo Indian (in other words, my genes aren't the most suited towards weight training)
    2) 6'0 and 180 pounds
    3) I bench 5x10 of 185 and curl 5x10 of 105

This Monday (9-13), I'm gonna start jogging in the mornings before eating. Should I drink a protein shake before or after? And, how long should I wait before or after to drink it? Furthermore, any advice and tips you guys can provide would be great. If you want some more details, just let me know.

My goals are to get to 10% BF and get more muscle mass (I want to weigh 180 - 200 but with only 10% BF). I want to lose my love handles, back fat, and build up my chest a helluva lot more.

Thanks and sorry for the long post
    Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some indian kid-dsc00046.jpg   some indian kid-dsc00047.jpg   some indian kid-dsc00048.jpg   some indian kid-dsc00049.jpg   some indian kid-dsc00050.jpg  

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    first off if you want to get bigger you neeed to eat more and increase your protien shake and as far as ruinning and protien shake i have no idea. I would start drinking alot of protien, it is easier to gain muscle when you have some body fat. So i would either do one of the following cut or bulk you can't really do both. It does look like you would have a pretty good base to good off. You said Indain do you mean Dot or Feather?

You should repost this in the workout Q's forum.... I'm glad to give you some advice bro, just repost so other people can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    You should repost this in the workout Q's forum.... I'm glad to give you some advice bro, just repost so other people can see.
    Oops, my bad. Thanks man, I'll repost this there.

ChiTownTommy: Indian as in dot. I've only been drinking 1 protein shake a day lately, but I'm definitely gonna bring that back up to 2.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    try to keep the pics in one place. this forum is suitable. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    try to keep the pics in one place. this forum is suitable. thanks.

My bad...

Well anyway...what kind of routine are you doing now, lets start there.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    My bad...

Well anyway...what kind of routine are you doing now, lets start there.
    oh but feel free to post the workout routine in the right forum. i just hate it when there's the same pictures all over the place like he had it.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh kidha yaar? Tu apna bunda ah?

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    sat sri akaal
    lol - ronny you dont look punjabi?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    go to the diet forum first and get your diet sorted it the most important thing IMO.

Ronny: Kidhaaaaaaaaa By the way, I was born in Canada too, but I'm in California now.

Here's my routine currently:
    Tues: Chest (bench), inner chest (flys), and triceps
    Thurs: Biceps, shoulders, and forearms
    Fri: Chest (bench), upper and lower chest (w/ dumbells)

and I just added 30 minute jogs every morning (M - F).

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    WTF where's the back and legs workouts?

AandF6969: I know... I used to work out my back when I had more time.. I know that I should really work out my back and legs. On Fridays, do you think it would be better to add some back and leg exercises rather than doing bench again?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah your workouts need some SERIOUS revamping... start looking at peoples routines in the workout forum.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoo

Here's my routine currently:
    Tues: Chest (bench), inner chest (flys), and triceps
    Thurs: Biceps, shoulders, and forearms
    Fri: Chest (bench), upper and lower chest (w/ dumbells)

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

Yea....... I thought the same thing......when do you work the wheels??

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Working your legs and back cannot be overemphasized!! These are the two largest muscle groups in the body and using them in heavy compound exercises does wonders. It causes your body to release additional testosterone and GH which in turn cause overall growth. At your level you should be concentrating on complex movements (squat, deadlift, presses)using multiple muscle groups. Forget about isolation movements (curls, tri extensions, delt raises). You'll build a good solid base to work with.

JMHO

MT

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i think it would also help a lot if you would shave that d*mn baboon off your chest!

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Ronny: Kidhaaaaaaaaa By the way, I was born in Canada too, but I'm in California now.
    Where'd you use to live in Toronto? I'm guessing you live in Baja or Bawa Cali now? Whatever that place is called.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

ok

Hey guys,

First time posting here, but I've been lurking for a little bit. I was hoping I could get some advice from all you gurus.

First, I know it doesn't look like it, but I've been working out consistently for probably 9 months now. The results have been somewhat disappointing, but I never fully devoted myself to it (i.e. dieting, cardio, etc). And, I'm prepared to start now.

Here's some stats:
    1) I'm a 21yo Indian (in other words, my genes aren't the most suited towards weight training)
    2) 6'0 and 180 pounds
    3) I bench 5x10 of 185 and curl 5x10 of 105

This Monday (9-13), I'm gonna start jogging in the mornings before eating. Should I drink a protein shake before or after? And, how long should I wait before or after to drink it? Furthermore, any advice and tips you guys can provide would be great. If you want some more details, just let me know.

My goals are to get to 10% BF and get more muscle mass (I want to weigh 180 - 200 but with only 10% BF). I want to lose my love handles, back fat, and build up my chest a helluva lot more.

Thanks and sorry for the long post
    Jason
    with all these questions, you are the strongest candidate for newbie of the year. that's not a bad thing. you're a clean slate.there is alot of misinformation out there and contridiction in this game as to training , diet, recovery. take all the time you have and educate yourself. the best advice i can give is to read everything you can get your hands on. whether it be the internet, college text, clinical studies, etc. i would have to suggest that at this point you keep your education in this lifestyle away from BB'ing magazines. at your stage i think it will be very hard for you to distinguish what is BS (from a supplementaion standpoint) and since you are not intune with your body yet and how it responds, don't look to try the workouts you see in them.most are way too much volume for you.
    best advice is if you are honestly dedicated to this life change is absorb everything for can get your hands on. read read read!!!!
    it does no good to have people tell you what they think is best if you have no idea why these actions (be it training or diet) are in your best interest. that would be like memorizing the answers to a test, but not being able to explain the questions.be smart

Monkeytown: wow, I did not know that

Man, I'm really happy that I decided to post here, and I will definitely change my routine. My routine was not based on any research at all, it was basically my idea of what I should do. I definitely admit that, and, like I said, I am ready to make whatever changes that I need to. Thanks for the advice so far guys.

Ronny: Yep, I was born in Toronto (on Keele and Shepard), but I lived in Barrie for longer. I still miss Canada, so I try to visit every year. I just drove up to Vancouver, and that was good times. I recommend everyone to visit Vancouver at least once.

Thread Information