redrock is offline Member

Need Help! Before and after"s, and now before's again...

The first picture is a contest I did two years ago. Lost about 45lbs. and got down to around 12-14%bf. But I didn't cut up at all. From the pics, you can see that I went from fat fat, to skinny fat. And so, I have been hitting the weights really hard, I am as strong as ever, and have the most size I have ever had, but the most bf also.

I don't know what I do wrong when I diet. I lose a lot of fat, but all my muscle also. I am eating plenty of protein, 6 meals a day, all my supps and vitamins. Can someone help me. Constructive Criticism is wanted!
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 06:58 PM.

he are my current pics.
    1 of 2
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 06:59 PM.

2 of 2
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.

whoops, wrong second pic,
    Last edited by redrock; 03-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Your metabolism must be slow...you need to cut up first, then run a few bulk cycles.

To cut up, just keep your protein high, carbs @ 150-200 grams a day (mostly complex carbs) and fat as low as possible (Like try not to eat any). Stay away from all sugars. Cardio, cardio, cardio, 4-5 times per week for a half hour. I'd try to burn 300 calories in each session. It's also, best when you do cardio 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Drink a gallon or 2 of water every day. And keep lifting hard.

Then, I'd definitely run a few bulk cycles if I were you. You need more muscle mass. Good luck!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    on top of what pump said you should also add e/c/a stack to your supps if not already. Cardio first thing in morning on empty stomach, then in evening weights and cardio right after. No carbs 3 hours before you go to bed.

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Try to low-carb instead of low-fat. Keep fat intake at around 50-100g (mostly from Flax or Fish oils), and the protein at around 150-250g.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Gene
    Keep fat intake at around 50-100g (mostly from Flax or Fish oils), and the protein at around 150-250g. [/B]
    I'd even go 250-300 grams a day on the protein. And the ECA stack Big Mike mentioned is a good idea! Hydroxycut or something and aspirin!

WhackTheBid is offline Junior Member
    Track down SWOLECAT on this board by doing a search and PM him he puts together individual programs for people and he could do a great job helping you out. Take a look at my pics on this thread as well and you can see how he has helped me

Good luck you can do it

WTB

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I can relate as I am attempting to go from about 18-20%bf down to 4-5% for a show. I'm currently dieting for a contest in April. I started out about 6-7 weeks ago at 244lbs and I'm currently at 223lbs. I plan on competing at between 185-190lbs. I train very intensly 4 days per week (Mon-Chest, bis, Tue-legs, Thur-shoulders, dead lifts, Fri-back, tris). I do cardio 3 times per week (Mon, Wed, Fri) for 1 hour. My diet looks like this:
    8am - oats, 1 scoop whey + water
    9:30am - train
    11:30am(immediately after training) - 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops dextrose, 2 tbls flax seed oil
    12:30 - 6oz chicken breast, 3/4 cup brown rice
    2:30 - 6oz chicken breast, 4oz sweet potato
    4:30 - 8 egg white omlette (add canned chicken, Fat free cheese)
    7:00 - 6oz chicken breast, mixed veggies (green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, tomato, low fat dressing)
    8:00 - low fat popcorn (snack size)
    10:30 - 2 scoops whey, skim milk, flax seed oil

Works out to roughly 2200-2400 cals/day (sometimes I play with things)
    20g fat (excluding the flax seed oil which I consider essential), 80-120g carbs, 275-300g protein

Thanks for all the help guys. I think the mistake I made with my first diet was I ate too little and my body went into starvation mode. I am eating lots more now(still clean) and doing cardio a bit differently. We'll see how this works out. Thanks for the help guys!

Thread Information