Thread: Back Help

mattman is offline Junior Member

Question Back Help

I was wondering if any of you guys had a special recipe for building muscle in the center of the back, im lacking thickness in the upper center of my back, my back workout includes a-lot of rowing motions, But no gains******thanks for any advice

(in this pic my back is relaxed only flexing tri's)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back Help-backtribsmnt.jpg  
    Last edited by mattman; 12-22-2002 at 07:15 PM.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i like to do t-bar rows in every back work out, and in every row i like to pause and squeeze for 2 count then slowly release back to start keeping tension and not hyperexpending the elbows
    abstrack@protonmail.com

FKNMONSTER is offline Junior Member
    if you are doing rowing my guess is too much weight and improper form, form is so important, with too much weight usage for one your bicepts take most of the pull at first, and you cant get a proper sqeeze at peak contaction, and peak contraction is where the stimulation of growth is mainly made... i say practice better form, lesser weight, more sqeeze, thats how i made my back

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    deadlifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you are rowing make very sure you are holding at peak contraction....if you can't hold and sqeeze and feel the back at peak contraction you're using too heavy weights.....you can't see the back therefore you need especially good mind muscle connection....also flex a lot

you can take most of the work off your back by using your elbow flexor...DONT!

Thread Information