cin
    cin is offline New Member

58 days into bulking diet

I have been on a bulking diet for about 58 days and I have gained 10lbs with little bodyfat. I am 5'10'' and I weigh 173lbs with 18.7% body fat (that is what my Electronic Body Fat Analyzer said). I am 16 years old and have been lifting weights for 9 months. I started with weightloss and lost about 35lbs and then I started bulking recently to add some muscle to my frame. I plan on cutting again at the end of january early february (if all goes well). I know I have alot of pics so please bear with me. I took these pictures yesterday. I am posting 3 different back double bi pics because I couldn't figure out which one I liked best lol.
    to see my old pics from june go here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=39295
    I supplement with Protein shakes, Creatine and a Multi-vitamin.
    please feel free to give me constructive criticism.
    Thanks
    cin
    P.S
    I didn't say cycle lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-back-double-bi.jpg  

cin

BDBI

Bdbi#2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-back-double-bi-2.jpg  

cin

BDBI#3

BDBI#3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-back-double-bi-3.jpg  

cin

SC

Side Chest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-side-chest-web.jpg  

cin

abs

abs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-abs-web.jpg  

cin

Rear Lat

Rear Lat I choose to stand up straight when Doing this cause If I bend over my back looks like a turtle shell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-rear-lat-web.jpg  

cin

left quad

left quad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-left-quad-web.jpg  

cin

Last but not least

last but not least
    calves
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58 days into bulking diet-calf-web.jpg  

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Not too shabby, u're still young so just keep working on building a solid base. Make sure that u're split includes every bodypart, i know one of the biggest mistakes i made when i started lifting was basically never working out forearms except if i did hammer curls, now my forearms are lacking and it takes a long time to build them. For 16 it sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of whats going on, but keep your mind open to suggestions i have made a zillion changes to my workout plans since i was 16 and just figuring out what works and what doesn't. Looks like you're posing has gotten quite a bit better too, in your before pix it looks like u really had no idea what u were doing. Just keep on doing the basic compound movements and make sure that your entire body gets worked out every week and that u're not forgettting anything.

cin

thanks

thanks for the reply saboudian I have been changing up routines to see what works best with my body and have found I make the most progression when Only keeping a routine for like a month. I am always seeing what I can do better or what exercise works better for me. For instance my arms seem to grow better with barbell curls then ez-bar curls (guess it's just me). I have also put different exercises at the end of my workout like I always put dumbell Preacher curls at the end of my bicep workout. I have been neglecting my back now for about 3 weeks since I have been really busy and at school all are teacher has us do is deadlift and pullups but I miss seated rows, 1 arm rows, t-bar rows etc..thanks for bringing that to my attention I really didn't think about it until now. I am going to start putting skateboarding aside more and focus on weightlifting since I love bodybuilding a bit more. I will start going to the gym after school to do back (which grows like a weed for me lol). I always practice posing and have it down pretty good and I am comfortable with about every pose. I also recently messed my knee up skateboarding and was wondering how long do you think I should hold off on squats and leg exercises if I put a small crack in it? I really don't know how to explain this but my doctor said he thinks I tore the muscle encasing in the front of my leg like by my shin and have like some kind of hernia there. What do you think I should do? Surgery? or wear a wrap of some kind? It doesn't hurt so my doctor said I could get surgery if I wanted but I declined and I will just wait it out until it heals. Well sorry about the long ass post just wanted some advice from someone with more experience in this field. Thanks again.
    cin

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude you do not look like 18.7% body fat. Better get that analyzer fixed

BennettBoy is offline Junior Member
    Your calves look very good.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    there is no way you are 18% b.f.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I understand how u could miss rows, i can't get enough of 'em. At least when i went to high school, it seemed like a ton of kids really didn't take back training serious. I love back and when me and my friends in high school took pics i just totally whooped their asses in the back poses(they're catching up now though). I think its great that u keep an open mind and try different routines, cuz thats the only way that u figure out what works for you.

As far as the knees go, i have had some minor knee problems but nothing serious. I think u need to listen to your doctor and any other advice you have received but above all i have learned one of the most important things is to just listen to your body. I stuck to leg extensions and things like that so it'd be ez on the knees, but every few months or so i would try out squats(or anything that made me hurt) and kinda see how my body would respond. Then if it hurt, i wouldn't do it again until maybe a few months later when i thought my knees would be able to take it this time and try it again. Of course go light until u think u're ready,i don't need to tell u that. Just never give up on an exercise, even if after a year u still can't do it, i couldn't do hack squats for about a year, but i never counted em out and i can handle it now even though it took so long.

Ultimately no one can make this decision for you, unless your doc said something that PROVED squats or whatever it is are not an option, just listen to your body.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    those elecronic Bf testers are peaces of shit and do not work at all,

Thread Information