Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Teddy is offline Junior Member

New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up

Hey everyone,
    I'm 21 and have been lifting weights for 7 years and bodybuilding for about 8 months. I'd like to enter a contest this upcoming summer if I can hit my diet right. I've been on the boards searching through for good dieting tips to refine my diet while I cut and thought I'd post some pics so you all would be able to match the face/body with the name.

- Teddy

- These pics are from mid December at 229 lbs. Btw..I am a lifetime natural.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-side_chest.jpg  
    Last edited by Teddy; 01-18-2003 at 09:52 AM.

rear double bicep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-rear_double_bicep.jpg  

front lat spread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-front_lat_spread.jpg  

front double bicep
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-front_double_bicep.jpg  

most muscular
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-most_muscular_handsonhips.jpg  

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, and we didn't even have to pester for the wheels. Great quads by the way, no wonder you didn't have to be coaxed into showing them. Now get to work on those hamstrings. Great overall thickness without much bodyfat...and what you have is dispersed nicely. If you're looking for a critique, the size of your quads and trunk make your arms seem smaller than they are in those pics...strangely enough, it also looks like you hold BF the EXACT opposite of almost everyone else i've ever come across...for having abs poking through quite visibly, your arms seem to lack the cuts that are usually already there by the time you can see the ab cuts...do you hold fat on the extremities as opposed to the trunk? Also, your waist looks like no matter how low you get on bodyfat, it'll always be a bit blocky. Understand that these critiques are not meant to take anything away from your physique, which is impressive, just doing my best to make you aware of what my opinion is of what might need to be addressed for you to be as successful as possible.

But, hell, if you've only been actually making an honest attempt at BodyBUILDING and shaping for eight months, you're essentially starting out where many a gym-goer hopes to end up, so you're in an awesome position. Good luck.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by truegrit2
    you got arms like a little girl

you constipated btw?

curls some weight girly man
    Oh shut up! You scum!

-----------------------------

Teddy, the pictures show the hard work you have given to yourself.

Keep it up and you might like to blast those shoulders/delts more..

Love those abs...

Impressive...

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Truegrit
    Damn i wish i was a mod! Someone ban this looser .

Guy talks so much shit yet has no proof to back anything he says up.
    My guess is hes a fat fuck who got his asswooped at the all girls school he was sent too.

Anyways great work teddy you look awesome bro .
    Last edited by RageControl; 01-18-2003 at 11:15 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RageControl
    Truegrit
    Damn i wish i was a mod! Someone ban this looser .
    Done!!

tatty is offline Member
    Was just trying to quote him before you erased that post!

Anyways, Teddy, looking good bro. You look like fletch on another board, but I could be wrong.

I'm with BigGreen though, I think your legs, well everything is overpowering your arms, or your arms are a little smaller in comparison. Blast away!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    You the man Pete!

orbflux is offline New Member
    looking good fletch
    Last edited by orbflux; 01-18-2003 at 01:48 PM.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    Hey, and we didn't even have to pester for the wheels. Great quads by the way, no wonder you didn't have to be coaxed into showing them. Now get to work on those hamstrings. Great overall thickness without much bodyfat...and what you have is dispersed nicely. If you're looking for a critique, the size of your quads and trunk make your arms seem smaller than they are in those pics...strangely enough, it also looks like you hold BF the EXACT opposite of almost everyone else i've ever come across...for having abs poking through quite visibly, your arms seem to lack the cuts that are usually already there by the time you can see the ab cuts...do you hold fat on the extremities as opposed to the trunk? Also, your waist looks like no matter how low you get on bodyfat, it'll always be a bit blocky. Understand that these critiques are not meant to take anything away from your physique, which is impressive, just doing my best to make you aware of what my opinion is of what might need to be addressed for you to be as successful as possible.

But, hell, if you've only been actually making an honest attempt at BodyBUILDING and shaping for eight months, you're essentially starting out where many a gym-goer hopes to end up, so you're in an awesome position. Good luck.
    Hello BigGreen!
    Thanks for the honest critique. When I first started bodybuilding I was at 190 lbs at around 8% bodyfat. To be honest, my stomach area was still blocky, however I could see more cuts everywhere than I do now. I've done the best I could at preventing putting on noticeable gains in bodyfat, however pictures do not lie and I am a lil more "plump" than I was before.
    I do tend to hold more bodyfat in my glutes and arms from the pics. I will be purchasing some Lipoderm-Y to see what I can do with the trouble spots as I diet down. I've heard and seen great results with the product.
    My build is more wide than thick, but hopefully that will come down the road with years of training.
    Currently the arms are 16.75" and they were just under 16" when I started. I'm hoping that the cuts and the separations come out better as I diet down. Hopefully showing some nice results from my first 8 months of hard work bulking up. Thanks again for a very thorough and honest critique.

- Teddy

btw....I am also "Fletch" from the bb.com forum. I came over to this board because of how many great posts I've seen in the nutrition section lately. Thought I'd put in my $.02 on occasion.

just wanted to post a couple update pics as I'm cutting up for my first contest in June. I'll throw some more up as the weeks go by.

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-mvc-017f.jpg  

These pics were taken on the 26th of March and I weigh 210. I hope to come in at 199-200 for showtime.

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-mvc-011f.jpg  

gotta thin out that lower back and waist

might as well show the back. I have been working on my posing as I noticed that by clenching the buttocks it helps flex your lower back enough to give a better V-tapor. Unfortunately, in this pic I haven't done this.

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-mvc-006f.jpg  

RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Great pic's ted....your going to be shredded by the time contest time..o yeah im doing mr.lakeland we gotta set up a diet for me.....o yeah who's that guy with the blocked out face..

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Great work Ted, keep it up.. I can tell you are very dedicated..

Originally posted by Cock Diesel155
    Great work Ted, keep it up.. I can tell you are very dedicated..
    Thanks Cock D....i appreciate that.

Keep lifting

- Teddy

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Looking good bro!! all the way around

If you dont mind me saying, the traps are lagging in the back double bi shot but other than that you look great man!! Good luck in the contest comming up.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    teddy ,bacl look great ,the abbs are showing delt are solid ,the only thing i see laggin abit bro are the guns and tris bring them up abit and ull be golden ,very good ,specially for being natty ,i mean u have a beetr physique then some of the guys here the juice .

Originally posted by big N
    teddy ,bacl look great ,the abbs are showing delt are solid ,the only thing i see laggin abit bro are the guns and tris bring them up abit and ull be golden ,very good ,specially for being natty ,i mean u have a beetr physique then some of the guys here the juice .
    thanks big N! My refeed days have been on arm days. I have made a ton of progress on them in the last 6-8 months and am hoping that the cuts show up by showtime. I hold most of my bodyfat in my extremities rather than the base. Thanks for the props for being a natty. I'm still an NCAA tested athlete so I won't be touching the stuff for awhile....if ever if I can attain my goals in fitness.

- Teddy

BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member
    HEY Teddy AKA Fletch welcome to AR! your the guy who worked out with Railz in that picture, right? looking good man. Take care.

Originally posted by BowFlex-er
    HEY Teddy AKA Fletch welcome to AR! your the guy who worked out with Railz in that picture, right? looking good man. Take care.
    lol....thanks BowFlex-er. I've been here quite awhile though. I read alot in the nutrition section. :glasses

- Teddy

BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Teddy

lol....thanks BowFlex-er. I've been here quite awhile though. I read alot in the nutrition section. :glasses

- Teddy
    HAHAHA yeah your right, I guess I should of looked at what number you where. You where here before me , but like I already said here and at bodybuilding.com your LOOKING AWESOME man!!!. Keep up the kick butt work.
    Last edited by BowFlex-er; 03-29-2003 at 09:02 PM.

big swoll is offline Member
    congrats on looking great man....im 21 yrs too....what kind of diet did you have when you were bulking, you've put on alot of size naturally....great work

Originally posted by big swoll
    congrats on looking great man....im 21 yrs too....what kind of diet did you have when you were bulking, you've put on alot of size naturally....great work
    thanks big swoll. My dietary philosophies were pretty simple and easy to follow. I ate a protein and carb source every 2 hours of the day and finished with a scoop of peanut butter and a tall glass of milk before bed.

It usually came out to around 4000-4200 calories and I did cardio once a week for baseball. (sprints)

A typical meal would be a 6 oz can of tuna, 10 ritz crackers, cup of cheerios. In a pinch a meal replacement would count as one meal.

Also I had a "in-workout" shake with protein and dextrose during every workout to keep the cortisol from attacking.

- Teddy

nynsb is offline Banned
    just wanted to post a couple update pics as I'm cutting up for my first contest in June. I'll throw some more up as the weeks go by.

- Teddy
    Teddy, looking great but the arms could use some work.
    Might want to find someone who is in a little better shape to pose with.
    This guy has got way to much BF in the stomach area.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    A typical meal would be a 6 oz can of tuna, 10 ritz crackers, cup of cheerios. In a pinch a meal replacement would count as one meal.
    - Teddy
    Dude, the tuna's great but what's with the ritz crackers and cheerios?

You're looking solid especially never using AS before. Very impressive.

Originally posted by pumpseeker

Dude, the tuna's great but what's with the ritz crackers and cheerios?

You're looking solid especially never using AS before. Very impressive.
    the crackers help the tuna go down easier and are a good carb source with the multigrain ones. Cheerios is my favorite cereal.

thanks for the props!

- Teddy

A few update shots

62 days and counting til showtime.

Here are the update pics for those still subscribed to the thread.

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-fletch_mm.jpg  

and another one of the back double bicep for good measure.

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-fletch_backdoublebi.jpg  

I'm tellin' ya, I'm still amazed at the way you lose fat from the core out. However, that seems to be a good thing, as it seems as though your chest seems to give up some of its size as you diet down and very evident compensations are made as your chest becomes more defined...keeping the "illusion". The first updated pics (where you're posing witha friend) it looks like your chest will be all but melted away by showtime. But, in true bodybuilder fashion, by the latest updates the noticeable loss of bodyfat in the area has it looking well on its way to full AND defined. Nice work in that department.

To be honest, I'm really looking forward to seeing just how your arms "shape" up when the fat starts to peel off of them. Judging from the back-double bi, your going to be left with a lot more in appearance than your measurements would dictate. Just work on getting those pinkies turned towards the ears on that pose to get the peaks to pop a bit.

Thanks BigGreen!

Your critiques are always excellent. I am rather nervous how the arms and lower back are going to shape up in the next few weeks. I've been told that I'll tighten up quite a bit in the last couple weeks when I adjust my sodium intake. I know that I still have more fat to lose but I think I'm pretty much on track with where I want to be at 8 weeks out.

Here's a pic of the side chest pose that was taken today. I know what you mean by your reference that it appears my chest melted away. Maybe that type of most muscular isn't a good pose for me then? What do you think?

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-fletch_sidechest.jpg  

Here's a pic of the side chest pose that was taken today. I know what you mean by your reference that it appears my chest melted away. Maybe that type of most muscular isn't a good pose for me then? What do you think?

- Teddy
    I'm of the opinion that your chest (as evidenced by the progression) isn't going to be your area of concern. What has flown the coop in terms of size will, in my opinion, be more than compensated for in the definition that will create the illusion of a full chest in your case. Plus, a tan will do wonders for the chest striations.

I would think your concern would be the presentation of your arms. I've hung around quite a few serious competitors of late (a few guys prepping for some NPC shows in september) and with your height and arm dimensions (specifically, the manner in which they tend to look quite full in some poses, and elongated and flat in others) the way you "hold" your arms will make or break you. I would suggest working with someone who KNOWS their posing...it's amazing what they can do. They can teach you how to hold your arms at certain angles throughout your routine that keep your particular dimensions working for you. With regards to your arms, it looks like you have "peek-a-boo" muscles...ie, they look to be decidedly behind the rest of your physique until you flex them...again, something a posing "expert" can teach you to compensate for. Given your torso looks tight and solid, I wouldn't recommend straying away from the most muscular, just insuring that it's YOUR most muscular and not just A most muscular...if you get what I'm saying.

Originally posted by BigGreen

I'm of the opinion that your chest (as evidenced by the progression) isn't going to be your area of concern. What has flown the coop in terms of size will, in my opinion, be more than compensated for in the definition that will create the illusion of a full chest in your case. Plus, a tan will do wonders for the chest striations.

I would think your concern would be the presentation of your arms. I've hung around quite a few serious competitors of late (a few guys prepping for some NPC shows in september) and with your height and arm dimensions (specifically, the manner in which they tend to look quite full in some poses, and elongated and flat in others) the way you "hold" your arms will make or break you. I would suggest working with someone who KNOWS their posing...it's amazing what they can do. They can teach you how to hold your arms at certain angles throughout your routine that keep your particular dimensions working for you. With regards to your arms, it looks like you have "peek-a-boo" muscles...ie, they look to be decidedly behind the rest of your physique until you flex them...again, something a posing "expert" can teach you to compensate for. Given your torso looks tight and solid, I wouldn't recommend straying away from the most muscular, just insuring that it's YOUR most muscular and not just A most muscular...if you get what I'm saying.
    I get what you're saying. I have a couple great posing coaches so hopefully with them putting both their minds together it will help me decide which type of pose will help me hide the lacking areas. Then during the next bulk I will focus on bringing up my arms more than anything else.

Thanks for the tips!

- Teddy

Billon is offline Junior Member
    Someone spanked your back?

GetNBig is offline Associate Member
    are u doing a comp? if so better get that posing up to par. .. and a tan is need also. How tall are u?

Kcck is offline New Member
    look'n pumped

Blasted the legs hard yesterday. Here's a few update pics so people can see how I'm progressing. Showtime is the SNBF show June 14th in Pensacola, FL

- Teddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New guy to the Boards, 6'2" 230 lbs, cutting season coming up-dscf0017.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information