Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

My pictures, before after, and soon to come - after cutting

I recently bulked and gained some fat.
    The pics are here. I have more pics coming soon, im cutting naturally right now with morning cardio ed non stop for 45 mins, so hopefully well have more soon.
    http://body_insp.tripod.com
    No flames, just comments and critiques!

Madsicilian is offline New Member
    Great Job Man. Definitely are bulking up, Quads look great. Are you doing cardio to lower your BF?

Well unfortunately due to lifestyle changes I am forced to progressively quit bbing and start running. I can't go to a gym anymore due to financial reasons, the gym near me is 80$/month, too expensive for me.
    It comes in accordance with my goals though, which is to cut up.

I do morning cardio now everyday on an empty stomach to lose the fat for 45 mins.
    Dont flame, but Im on a high carb low fat moderate protein diet so I have the energy to run. SOmetimes I run twice a day. So far ive been losing steadily and havent lost muscle.
    Cant wait to see results. Keep you posted.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    good luck big-d
    u shurely put some size to that frame over the time
    can wait to see the next set of pics after your new goals are accomplished!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

not a flame here.........

but a HIGH CARB DIET????????? MODERATE PROTEIN????? Where are the fats???????

Your body won't let fat GO unless you take fat IN........

also, high carb diets will do nothing but force you to burn muscle. True u can tap into some fat stores on empty first thing a.m. with cardio, and 45 mins is good, but to eat a high carb diet the rest of the day pretty much negates any progress from the cardio.

You are looking at making yourself a smaller fat person this way. Again, not a flame, I am just trying to save you a lot of frustration and pain later. Just ask Whackthebid...............

Anyhow, people have horrible body composition on moderate carb diets, and your practice of a HIGH CARB DIET is even worse. You said it's high carb to give you energy for running, but there are TWO things wrong there.

1) If you are doing cardio on empty and it's first thing a.m., then you haven't eaten for about 8-10 hours, so carbs aren't there to give you energy. As well, you DON'T want carbs for energy while u are doing cardio!!!!!!!! U want to burn fat, not sugar.
    2) You should never run for cardio! You'll find yourself burning muscle glycogen instead of stored bodyfat.........so, those precious carbs that are keeping your muscles full will now be somewhat deflated, AND you haven't burned any fat.

A good re-vamp would definitely make that third column on your website a lot more impressive when you are done. Again, no flames intended, just trying to help as I see this as very ass-backwards.

Good luck!
    ~SC~
    "Swole in the Wall"
    @ GotFina.com
    www.swolecat.com
    CEO
    Vizual X-Cellence

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think the #'s would tell a better picture of the progress then the actual pix themselves. As far as dieting goes, i can't do anything but agree with swolecat. I don't think you have researched your diet very well dan.

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    Listen to Swole, he knows his stuff

This is my diet

Breakfast
    Whole grain cereal (granola) with 2% milk

Midmorning
    Granola bar (180 cals)

Lunch
    At school I can bring tuna with mayo (fat free) with no bread or take off the bread off a cheesburger.

Mid afternoon
    1 C cottage cheese (Casein)

Dinner
    1 fist sized portion protein
    1 fist sized portion whole carbs
    1 tbsp olive oil in salad

After dinner snack
    1C cottage cheese

I dont have the money to buy protein powders and my parents wont allow it - ive passed that phase made some gains and they have asked me for christ sake to change lifestyle. I said ok.
    This is my diet.
    What do you guys think? Give me whole proteins i can manage!
    And I have 6 cerreal boxes i have to use and cant give back even if its a bad meal - and i understand you need to spike insulin to prevent cortisol anyway, so is this an ok meal at least for morning. Carbs are moderate as you can see. I could add a tbsp of natty pb somewhere too..What do you guys think?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    bro, that preventing cortisol thing you mentioned is really far off, so far off that I'd take up all the board space and memory in response to that.

Can't get protein powder? Why? Solid food choices are great, yes, but
    protein powder has it's place.

Cereal in any diet to lose weight/fat/whatever has no place in your daily diet. Sorry, there's not much more I can say here bro, I know u had asked for my thoughts. Well, there they are, and I have a lot more too, but it seems as if you are set in your ways already, and there is not much you can do to alter your plan. All my suggestions would then go by the wayside, and it would be a waste of my time and yours.

Good luck! I have programs I gotta make!

~SC~XXL~2K3~
    "Swole in the Wall"
    @GotFina.com

Swole cat thats exactly why i sent youthe pms i want to change my diet !
    What do you suggest post workout in the morning?
    I need to spike my insulin I understand - so a natty pb and jelly sandwich? Or just the pb? Or oatmeal with pb? Or simply oatmeal cooked with raisins?
    Help me out here man! i appreciate the help

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    Big Dan...
    thanks for your responce... I've hesitated for a while to put picks up.. I only got one flame...but I let him have it back!! maturely of course..LOL youre getting big fast bro... thats what I want.. to get thick...

good luck
    Yanko

Thread Information