alfhome is offline New Member

Cool newbie... anybody wanna adopt me?

Last edited by alfhome; 01-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I believe that your results would prove to be much more noticable if you cut significantly before you began bulking again. I would suggest cutting even down to 145 pounds before bulking again....try to get down to 10-12 % bodyfat..show us your nutritional regimen and we'll work something up for you bro

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    yeah i would definitely cut to 10-12% BF, then bulk.

Off the top of my head, i do think your diet needs a bit of work.

Your first meal, you might want to drop the tea/milk and just make sure you get plenty of H2O, i would also drop the banana. I don't know what rusks are, but if it isn't protein, then u'd better get some protein in there.

For 2nd meal and snack after lunch, i don't think a sesame snack/yogurt is gonna do it. I'm not sure what the sesame snack is, but as far as yogurt goes, thats not going to cut it. Most yogurt that i know of has simple carbs, which u should avoid, also there are probably only a few grams of protein in it, even though its just a snack, i would recommend gettin at least 20 g of protein in, i know everyones favorite snack here is tuna

As far as lunch goes, i would eat probably around close to 60g protein of chicken and decent amount of vegetables, and then last i would eat some(keep it reasonable) pasta if i was still hungry. Basically just try eating carbs last at every meal, that way u're restricting yourself from eating too many carbs.

I think your last meals are good, thats more of what your other meals should look like. I would avoid simple carbs whenever possible (i.e bananas). Having 7 meals is a good start, but i think u still need to research your diet a bit more. If you are waiting to cut before u start workin out, then thats fine, but i would still try to get in the gym a couple times a week just to figure things out, so hopefully by time u're done cutting you have a good idea of what u're doin in the gym.
    Last edited by saboudian; 02-07-2003 at 10:02 AM.

Last edited by alfhome; 01-30-2013 at 10:13 AM.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

Ok Brother From your Stats that you have provided here is my suggestion..

8:00- eca with glass of water and cardio for 45 minutes same bpm. Cardio will end at 8:45. Your First meal follows an hour later at 9:45

9:45- 5 egg whites 1 yolk cooked with onions and bellpeppers and 20grams protein.. 1/2 cup oats

11:15- train hard and heavy with strict form till 12:30

12:45- 40 grams of whey protein and 50 grams of dextrose/maltodextrin mix with creatine and glutamine

2:45- Can of tuna equaling 30 grams of protein with either 40 grams of carbs from baked potato or pasta

4:45- cardio for 45 minutes same bpm

6:30- Protien drink 40 grams with flaxseed oil

9:30-1 chicken breast or 7 egg whites.....whatever your in the mood for..

FKITLETSGO provided a pretty good outline. I would drink about 1 Liter of water before i start the morning cardio though. One thing you should take notice of is that there is protein at every single meal. He also uses good carbs(potato, oats, pasta) sparingly and you get in a good dose of simple carbs post weight training workout. I would try to keep your weight training workouts in the 45 min - 1 hour range.

Of course keep researching diets, and then make changes as u feel needed, and if u want our opinion its always there.

About your body needing carbs, well i'm probably not the best at explaining it, but keep them low and make sure all your carbs are complex, the only time u really need simple carbs is immediately after your weight training workout(i.e the dextrose/maltodextrin).

I think u were asking about cycling carbs. Well theres alot of info on it AR, and i'll summarize it a lil bit. This is an example.

Day 1- Low carb (100g or less)
    Day 2- Low carb (100g or less)
    Day 3- High carb (~400g)
    Day 4- Moderate Carb ( ~250)
    Repeat

Basically when u're dieting down, your body kinda goes into an energy saving mode and slows down its metabolism. Therefore, immediately after the low carb days you have a high carb day to kick your metabolism back into high gear, and then keep repeating it. You're "tricking" your body, so you maintain a somewhat high metabolism. If you're interested in it, then research it some more, tons of info out there, anyone trying to cut down usually will either be cycling carbs or on a ketone diet.

I hope you can keep your motivation, this is going to be a tough diet and workout schedule. I do beleive though that if you can keep to it without cheating, you will lose 15-20 lbs in the first month. Good luck and keep researching and asking questions.

Also, my suggestion is taking some pix of yourself right now(with shirt off), use it for motivation, also it will be a great story to tell later on.

carbo craving...

Last edited by alfhome; 01-30-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah u could try your new plan, give it at least a few weeks though and see if it works before you make any more drastic changes.

As far as reacting to your craving goes, the turkey is cool, anything that was living is fine. As far as the diet coke goes, you shouldn't be drinkin anything but water my friend.

If you need to satisfy your craving(which is going to be hard to do), then go ahead and eat the no carb stuff, tuna, chicken, etc. Of course keep it in reason. You're going to have to use your judgement on somethings like this and just see how your body responds and then adjust accordingly.

As far as why so many people insist on high carb low fat diets, all you usually need to do is look at them. I can almost guarantee you that they don't workout and have never tried to diet before.

Thread Information