kurtzhurtz is offline New Member

shoulder size...

my shoulder size is lacking...anyone have any tips?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Is there supposed to be a pic attached? Because I don't see one.
    You might get more responses by posting this in the correct thread (Workout forum)

shoulder size...

my bad...heres my pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoulder size...-karl-after.jpg  

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    dam ur huge man, what are ur stats?

21 yrs old
    5'9"
    200lbs
    (I know I will hear a lot of junk for this...but its natural)

tatty is offline Member
    Maybe it's because your traps are so huge that they overpower the shoulders!

What have you tried doing? Strict lateral raises?

B-BOY is offline Junior Member

dizaaaamm

shoulders don't look to be lagging by much bro, just be sure to hit all heads of the shoulder, but dont do any marathon shoulder routine bro, short and simple, hard and heavy..... by the way your a big boy!

thanks for the info guys. good call on the non-marathon thing. i think i will try it. lately my shoulder routine has been taking forever and a day to get through...i'll try to keep it simple.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I prioritzed Delts over the last month or so and got great results from more frequent holistic workouts for front and medial. And working rear delts with back. I worked them nearly every other workout as Holistic. My Delts popped right out with nice seperation.

One compound movement for 4-5 reps with explosive tempo, 2-0-2. One rythmic movement for 12-15 reps with a more rythmic tension, 4-0-2. And one for continuos tension at 40 reps.

I usually do Hammer Strength Front Military Presses, Standing Side Dumbell Laterals, and Upright Rows... respectively.

This is all done none stop for many sets - one big giant set. Dropping the load as necessary - don't do forced reps and keep your form. Recovery is about 5-6 days for Delts.

Workout example:

1) Hammer Strength Front Military Presses - 5-6 reps
    2) Standing Side Dumbell Laterals - 12-15 reps
    3) Upright Rows - 40 reps

You move from slow twitch to fast twitch and totally hammer the bodypart for what usually last about 15-20 minutes. For example you would go 1,2,1,2,1,3,1,2,1,3,1,2,1,3,1 - finished. You will be sweating really bad and very thirsty And everyone in the gym will stare at you like you are some kinda freak

This works extemely well for Delts and the pump is huge!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I for one would advocate at least giving warrior's suggestion a try...feeling as if you want to puke after a leg workout is not altogether rare...but I NEVER woulda imagined i could be getting ready to head to the trash can after a bicep workout until I hit the holistic bicep day. Good god!!!

G-S Guest
    The only reason your delts appear to lack is the size of your traps. Those look good. Keep training, I don't see a need to worry.

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    UPRIGHT ROWS.... HEAVY
    FOLLOWED BY SIDE LATERALS... WORKED FOR ME

BRO YOU'RE F'ING HUGE...

harl is offline Associate Member
    I to say its the "natural" traps that are over powering your delts....

thanks again for the quality advice guys. shoulder day is wed. i'll let you know how it goes...

Originally posted by BigGreen
    I for one would advocate at least giving warrior's suggestion a try...feeling as if you want to puke after a leg workout is not altogether rare...but I NEVER woulda imagined i could be getting ready to head to the trash can after a bicep workout until I hit the holistic bicep day. Good god!!!
    Awesome brah - you tried it eh? Shit is hardcore. And the funny thing is how you can just bounce between fiber types -after a 40 rep set many would think you would be exhausted - but you can bang out some heavy weights right after because you switch fiber type recruitment. You hammer the bodypart inside out...

But yeah - you really lose your breath on it. LOL - it is second to none for hypertrophy in advanced athletes. It would overtrain beginners or intermediates rather quickly... and even advanced should not do it every workout for that body part - but rather mixed in with some strength training.

That's funny dude... good to see some else taking some holistic pain!

harl...i feel that my size is nothing too impressive. it was just a matter of taking advantage of the meal plan at my school, sticking with a lifting schedule, and sleeping 10 hrs/night.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Warrior,

I keep meaning to drop you a line as to how the program is working for me so far...but i've been ill the last few days - dodged the flu while all of the campus had it, then i get it when everyone's fine and dandy. ANyway, i'll shoot you a message about that as soon as i have a few.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    One compound movement for 4-5 reps with explosive tempo, 2-0-2. One rythmic movement for 12-15 reps with a more rythmic tension, 4-0-2. And one for continuos tension at 40 reps.
    Say what???

Aguro is offline Associate Member

Keep perfect form, lift the weight in 2 second, lower them as soon as they are at full extension, for 2 second, 4-5 rep..very heavy. then run to your next exercise, 12-15 reps 2 sec raising, 4 second lowering. And 40 continuous tension, well.. very very slowly with very light weight.
    Give it a try, i was doing it similary cept 2-0-1 for explosive and 2-0-2 for rythmic.. Maybe i was going to fast.. anyway the pump is insane and you do look like a freak..

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    your traps are way bigger than your delts. work on maintaining size of the traps, and working hard to bring upt he delts. some people will tell you to work them more often, other people will tell you to do one set every three weeks. its up to you to decide.

-SF

Originally posted by tolinka

Say what???
    Aguro explained tempo very well. Compound means a movement that lets you use maximum weight with supporting muscle groups (bench press, squats, dips, barbell curls, ...). The rythmic should be more of an isoaltion movement (side laterals, hack squats, dumbell curls, ...).

Glad to see a few people are trying the holistic workouts... and noticing how people look at ya when you are doing them - I love how they make people feel lazy. But the truth is that holistic training can quickly overtrain someone who has not developed to handle it. Beginners and intermediates should stick with super sets and giant sets for a similar hypertrophy stimulis... rather than full out holistic training.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    One thing i really liked for shoulder, use a smith machine and do seated close grip front press, keep ur elbow slightly smaller then shoulder wide.. Give it a try. really work the front delt alot..

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    damn, now thats insane!

Yeah, like warrior said that beginners and intermediates shoouldnt be doing it...i wasnt actually just wanted to take a note of that because i saw some posts by warrior and always wonered whats a holistic exercise is.

Thread Information