candog22 is offline Junior Member

Need beginner advice

Hey guys:

Long time reader, first time post....

Been working out for a couple of years without great success. Im 8 weeks into Bill Philip's body for life program with 4 weeks to go - thus far happy with the results. After this is over I am contemplating doing a cycle. Current stats: 32 YO, 6'2", 185, 32 W, 42 C. Never cycled before. My goal is to add lean muscle mass - gain maybe 10 lbs. Can you give me some recommendations on a cycle that would accomplish this? Do I need to do both a bulking and cutting cycle? All suggestions/comments welcome....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need beginner advice-chest.jpg  

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Bro if u're 6'2, 185lbs with a 42" chest, you better start reading everything you get your hands on, you're no where near being ready for a cycle.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    MAn, every one will tell you this..eat,eat,eat and dont do any cycle until you do a research...or something like that...

Dont just post a question and hear what you dont want to hear and then leave, like alot of people do...stick around, and learn...
    No flame just my advice

candog22 is offline Junior Member
    Im with both of you on all that - I am eating more than I ever have - 6-7 times a day and keeping it clean. I have been reading up on this stuff for a while - I guess my question would be how do you know when you've reached your max potential? How do you know when the right time to start is?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well just the fact that someone may doubt whether they are ready, could be a sign in itself that it's not time yet. It's really hard to say, it's just something you kinda able to tell (deep inside).

However, a more "clear" and realistic answer I guess would be basically when you train so hard (and I mean truly hard and dedicated) and you don't see any results, AND, you still try different routines, and you realize your body isn't growing the way you want it to, you notice strength gains have PEAKED for over a year, and can't seem to get any stronger. You also notice that you don't feel any energy, and feel put out in the gym all the time...THAT is when you are PROBABLY ready for steroids , although you should still see what other obstacles maybe causing the drought.

OR, if your young, ignorant and impatient like me, then you start at the age of 20, just cuz you want to, but AT LEAST you still stay safe, and informed, and always ask for help and advice, etc...

Good luck with your decision (stay natural as long as you can man, you'll thank yourself 10-15 years down the road).

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Hey man, lookin great...got some BFL veteran advice for ya. Stick that nutrition information into your long term memory, then double the portions of protein (or triple) to gain mass. Basically, BFL is an awesome place to start. But once your goals start to focus on mass, your workout and your diet needs to change. After your 12 weeks, your bodyfat will be lower than now, which is fine...but you'll need to EAT MORE to get bigger. I did BFL for 24 weeks, then focused on building muscle mass for the next 20 (rough for me, added some bodyfat but lots of muscle). I started eating BFL style, found that i just did nothing, got nowhere. So I started researching, found I needed twice the protein i was getting. So, i quit doing the BFL cardio and started feeding myself more. Added enough muscle and gained enough strength to make my former self look very wussy. I'm now back on a VERY modified bfl program to cut back down..eventually to 11%. But I STILL eat more than i would, following bfl portions. ...ok this probably got long..but..the short version...

EAT BIG< SLEEP BIG< LIFT BIG< GET BIG

kc

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    BFL?

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I did not wait till my natural potential......As a matter of fact I went ahead with my first cycle at the age of 17 yrs old. I am currently 19 years old and do not regret that cycle that I did. I have been researching for the last two years attempting to learn as much about Nutrition, Supplementation, Rest/Recovery, training and juice as I can and I feel that I finally have enough knowledge of the 5 aspects to begin my second cycle....btw my first cycle was 200mg test for 5 weeks with 200mg deca for 5 weeks......I did gain about 20 pounds though....As of now no negative side effects from the cycle

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Tolinka...BFL is "Body For Life"..It's a program by Bill Phillips from Muscle Media/EAS..

Thread Information