Thread: Need help

FROST is offline Associate Member

Body fat %

Hello people, I am 15yr old about to be 16. I am new to this forum. I am here to ask questions and learn. I have been working out off and on for about 2 years. I am now going to take it seriously and stick with it. I really dont know anything about building muscle, except what i have read the past 2 weeks of resurch. What i am looking for is some one to reply to this and give me advise. I am tired of being small. I have a really high metabolism so what ever i eat eather burns or go's to my inner thigh(out of all the places it go's there!). I have the genectics for being big but for some reason they have not kicked in yet! My Father is built like a bull and i look like a 13 year old kid that has not eatin in 3 years. Ok enough of burning myself.

5'6 in height
    I weigh 130-135lbs
    Bench- i dont really know, last time i did it was 115lbs(2 months ago)
    Butterfly-40lbs
    Curl-70lbs
    Dead Lift-first time ever 2 days ago,235lbs
    Incline Bench- 100lbs

Can some one take the time and think of a routine for me? like i said i dont know what to do. My school gym is open mondays, wensdays, thursdays. if it comes down to it i will buy a gym membership if i have to. I am posting a few pics i hope they work. I am willing to try out supplaments, in the past i have tried <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> </a> </a> , it worked alil. Any Advise would be good.

Thanks for your time people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help-traps.jpg  
    Last edited by FROST; 02-18-2003 at 01:45 PM.

Legs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help-legs.jpg  

Back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help-back.jpg  

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    keep it up bud!! do a nice search on the site and look for some routines. there is a ton of info on the site. Also go to a book store and pic up some reading material or even go to a library and find some books on nutrition and resistance training. Just start reading the books and you will find a ton of different excercises to do and by doing this you will also learn correct terminology.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Yeah...the one book I'd buy is Arnold's "New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding"...they have it for $20 on Amazon. That would be the best place to start bro. Besides getting a gym membership of course!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Whats butterfly?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think Arnold's book is ok....but its not the one i would buy if i had a choice, i think warrior could probably give you a better suggestion.

Other then that, i would suggest reading everything on AR. I guarantee the answers to the majority of your questions have already been answered.

Thanks for the information people, i will go to a book store tomorrow and buy Arnolds book, sence i dident understand "warrior suggestion'' but anyway the money is not really a object right now so if i have to buy another book then ok.

Could anyone give me a idea of my body fat %

Butterfly is when you lay down on the bench an take dumbbells extend your arms from the floor to over your head.(or as clost to the floor as you can with out breaking sumthen) i dont know if that is the correct turm for it but thats what we call it in the weight room.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    15 is a tricky age - and at 135lbs your PDI for supplements is not as extreme as others who are older and weigh more than you. Really all you need right now is to stick with heavy compound movements and eat... a lot! This will get you the foundation to grow from. Get familiar with Bench Press, Military Press, Barbell Curls, Squats, Dealifts, Barbell Rows, ... ect... Arnold's book is a good one to learn from... so are the Ironman series (authors are little more colorfull then Arnold - an informative and entertaining read) on general info.

Eat for Protein too. When you are at McDonalds - rather than a Double Quarter Pounder Meal w/fries and a gallon of Soda... Get 2 double quarter pounders and a small soda soda (still thirsty - get some water). Still hungry? - get another sandwich off the .99 menu... Eating at home? Fill up on meats, chicken, eggs, and such before reaching for the garbage... Muscle mass is made of proteins and you can't build a wall without the bricks.

With heavy compund movements and good eating you will grow. You have lots of endogenous hormones in your body right now that make this a very productive time for you. Just don't stop. Make it a lifetime goal. Stick with it. If you are feeling burnt out and need a break - recognize it as overtraining and take a break. Then get right back to it.

We all started at some point. The best thing is consistency and keep learning... make this a lifetime practice... basic hygiene. I started at 17 - so you got 2 years on me

Your bodyfat doesn't matter - get to about 175lbs and then start worrying about that.

Thanks for the info people, appreciate it. I will post pics in a few weeks to show progress. I am goin to hit the book store on tuesday for arnolds, or iron man book. I plan on sticking with this though, i find lifting fun, and when i stick with it and see some results i will thrive for more. How old do you think i have to be to do my first cycle? And what do you think about the leagle alternatives on AR main page? I am not trying to jump the gun and take a needle yet, just curious.

400+ views and not one person has a idea about the leagle alternatives?
    Last edited by FROST; 02-23-2003 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information