Covey is offline Junior Member

Here is a pic of me. What do you think

Ok here I am I just turned 19 and I have never taken anything and dont plan to but my question is. I have been training close to 4 months now and I cant get my chest to look good! I think it sags to much! How can I get a more cut look in my chest? And I hate the bottom part as well. SO any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here is a pic of me. What do you think-copy-0013.jpg  
    Last edited by Covey; 02-25-2003 at 02:39 PM.

zillamonster is offline Junior Member
    Looking Thick Bro. I do pullovers and lateral raises, also have a cable pec machine. They work best for me.

Zilla

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    decline....Madmax....

BLASTER40 is offline New Member
    DITTO - DECLINE

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    yeah decline presses and flyes, also pullups may help you. concentrate on the areas you want to work, maybe doing higher reps than usual.

don't sweat it man, you look great for working out such a short time. be patient. cut out all the fat in your diet too for a few weeks.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    look at the locker room he's in...if thats at a gym..thats one nice fuckin gym...you look good for the amount of time you've trained...keep it up...Madmax..

Yeah the gym I work out at is bad ass. THey bring you cold towels when you are doing cardio and water. Its a great gym! Cheap to. Thanx for all the comments guys! I will show a progress pic in a couple of months!

Dan3814 is offline Junior Member
    Your chest i solid, I think if you lost some body fat you would be happy with it...I see a six pack waiting to show itself also..Its all about the diet, at least 80 percent in my book

platinum is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Madmax
    decline....Madmax....
    I'm not arguing with you but I know you know your sh!t, so I'm just wondering why you're saying decline.....

It looks to me like he could use more incline. When I look at his chest it looks good in the "middle" and "lower" parts. The top portion looks a little off compared to the other two parts.

Have I just completely confused myself?

BTW, you do look great for working out only 7 months bro. Keep it up!
    Last edited by platinum; 02-12-2003 at 12:33 PM.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    I would do flat, incline then decline if i were him (In that order). Also it looks like one pec is bigger than the other, so I would do mostly dumbells to try & bring the other one up.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    cause he said cut bottom part of thest dog !i love strict deep decline flys !nothis bets them supersest with dips

What would you guys say my body fat % is at in this pic?

14%

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    14-15%. And you've got some good results from only lifting 7 months. You always gai the most in that 1st year, so keep at it. You'll grow and fill out in your chest, just as long as your diet and training are on track. When you pack on another 20 lbs of muscle, then cut, you'll lose the saggy chest quickly, believe me.

Do push ups do anything?

durbin22 is offline Member
    Cutting up will definatley make your chest look better. What does your chest workout look like? Hit the incline bench for size, fly's for shaping, dips leaning forward and cables(underhand) at the end to burnout. I have been doing this along with flat bench and my chest has taken better shape in the last few months.

David B. is offline Member
    One thing that might help with your perceived chest "problem" is to hit the INCLINE bench press hard and heavy. I think that if you build up your upper chest, it'll balance the mass of your chest more. Also, more upper chest mass will tighten the skin over your chest and give it a "lift."

But for the most part, keep up the good work. If you've only been lifting for seven months and you already look that good, you'll come along nicely with time and experience. Work hard, be persistent, and be patient, and it will all come together for you.

--dnb

My chest work out looks like this
    Flat bench=10x3
    Incline=10x3
    Cable crosses=10x3
    Flys=10x3

Is that any good?
    Advice would be great and thanx all ready for all the other great advice! Cant wait until my next chest day!

By the way am I big enough to cut yet? I just want to start to look good for the summer. I have always been told that a girl would have a more cut guy then a bulky non cut guy. So would it look funny if I cut now from what you see in the pic?

its ok ,but i would drod the reps and up the weight,strt with inline a big uper chest will make u look huge
    incline dumbells 4 x 6-8
    flat barbel 4 x 6-8
    flat dubel flyes 3 x 10
    dips or cable crossovers 2x 10

Dan3814 is offline Junior Member
    I think you have enough muscle to cut...Even though you lose wieght, without the fat you look bigger..Plus girls love the abs, trust me

Cool thanx guys! I will bust my ass in the gym to try to get where I feel good about myself. Thank you

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Decline flies may help as well bro!

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    My chest work out looks like this
    Flat bench=10x3
    Incline=10x3
    Cable crosses=10x3
    Flys=10x3

I would up the number of sets. I do at least 4-5 for Flat and Incline. I think Decline do diddly squat. You need to prioritize your upper chest, Switch up your routine for awhile and do Incline first, than flat. You will be better able to focus and hit the muscle fresh.

I would suggest this to cut op your chest and Prioritize your upper pecs.

10-8 x 4 Incline Bench Press ( barbell)
    10-8 x 4 Flat bench Press (barbell)
    10-8 x 4 Incline Bench Press (dumbell)
    12-10 x 4 Incline Fly

That is a basic, no nonsense approach to hitting your upper pecs. Add Flat dumbell press if ya want to add a 5 set on either Incline press and use it as a flushing exercise to get all the blood in that area. High reps to failure for last set of the day.

peam is offline Suspended
    Well, I'm a girl... and I'd rather have a big guy with more fat (I'm not talking NFL linebacker fat) than a nice solid six pack. So.... not all girls just want a cut guy. :-)

Thats cool it is totally your opinion but the ladies I am after want someone that is a little bit more cut. I am also looking to run the Boston Marathon this year so I dont want to get to big.
    Last edited by Covey; 02-16-2003 at 01:10 PM.

Rumpster is offline New Member

Re: Here is a pic of me. What do you think

Originally posted by Covey
    Ok here I am I just turned 19 and I have never taken anything and dont plan to for at least another 3-4 years but my question is. I have been training close to 7 months now and I cant get my chest to look good! I think it sags to much! How can I get a more cut look in my chest? And I hate the bottom part as well. SO any suggestions?
    It sags because you have no upper & inner chest development. Incline presses and low incline flies.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Originally posted by platinum

I'm not arguing with you but I know you know your sh!t, so I'm just wondering why you're saying decline.....

It looks to me like he could use more incline. When I look at his chest it looks good in the "middle" and "lower" parts. The top portion looks a little off compared to the other two parts.

Have I just completely confused myself?

BTW, you do look great for working out only 7 months bro. Keep it up!
    Exactly... incline will keep your chest from sagging bro- that and lowering bf of course.

Thread Information