spyderman is offline New Member

new member...any suggestions?

Hello everyone...I have been checking out this board for awhile and people seem to have a lot of good constructive criticism. I'm a natural ectomorph (aka hardgainer!) who is all natural (should be obvious...). Any suggestions on needed improvements? I know my legs are especially thin...I'm working on them. I'm 38 and 6'1" at 180lbs. Please give me some feedback.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/espeak33

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    arms, delts and chest looks good... abs,lats and legs needs to be brought up

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Fliprock but I would also work hard on your forearms and calves especially. You are definitely lean though. And it's obvious you lift ...you've got some good definition. Honestly at this point bro, I'd run a big bulking cycle and pack on 20-30 pounds if I were you. Not bad at all now though.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd say you have a wide chest for an ecto....something which I think is invaluable, as you also have the narrow waist of an ecto. The two coupled together create quite an illusion of size. In fact, it is my opinion that, in ectos in particular, it is the shoulder girdle, namely chest width and the side delts that can most overcome that classic hardgainer look. Of course, the lats need width as well, but that can masked fairly well on an ecto with a decent shoulder girdle and can be hidden fairly well in all poses but those explicitly exposing the lats...so i'd say you're in good shape, so to speak.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Nice and lean. Well done.

spyderman is offline New Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys...I knew I could find some assistance at this site. I know the legs have a long way to go...especially the calves. I have really flat feet and it causes me some difficulty in pushing the calf excercises as hard as I want to sometimes, but I'm still trying. Any ideas for LATS as far as excercises? I work with a trainer and I do back work at least once a week. I think that somehow I manage to "cheat" on the lats by compensating with other muscles in my arms and shoulders...does that make any sense? Pumpseeker...I only wish that I could put on 20-30 lbs...the curse (or blessing, as the women I know see it!) of the ectomorph! I eat everything in sight and I have a good diet with lots of protein, supplement with shakes, and take creatine on and off. I started working out regularly a couple of years ago at 165lbs and went up to nearly 190lbs, but all it takes is a minor illness or life stresser (like a recent move) to set me back 10-15 lbs. I know that AS would probably get me past this wall, but unless they become legal (wishful thinking), I personally can't take the risks. Thanks again for the feedback.

Thread Information