Padawan is offline Associate Member

Arms are pissing me off

I don't get this. My measurements are up about 3/4 an inch on all body parts during this cycle, yet my arms still look skinny from the front. Check out this image. Note the way my right arm looks, compared to the thin front angle on the left arm. How in the hell do I get thickness in the arms so they look good from front, rear, and side? Same with my forearms, they looks thin from some angles. I am cursed with small joints everywhere except my waist/hips. Damn these genetics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arms are pissing me off-untitled2.jpg  
    Last edited by Padawan; 03-22-2003 at 02:28 AM.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Arms look good bro........Try more work on the Tricepts

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Bro,your packing some guns!Try some hammer curls to thicken those badboyz up!

Black_Curtain is offline New Member

Exclamation

Bro your arms are thick! They are in good proprotions to your body! if you are all obsessed about them, try and give some more specific arm work in order to bring them in one line infront of your body.
    I wish my guns were are half as thick as yours! they look like fucking sticks!

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    Big deal ... 20 inch gunz .... ?
    You want more bro ?

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    they look big to me... what is considered big for an arm?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Arms look proportionate to your body. Hammer curls do wonders, squeeze those bad boyz at the concentric motion for a 2 count.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by jammergsxr
    Bro,your packing some guns!Try some hammer curls to thicken those badboyz up!
    word. i have the same problem my arms look alot better from the side and in most musc than standing at rest, whats your arm work out like? are you doing variations of curls to hit both heads of the bicep?hammer curls definately work awesome too thicken up the arm from the frontal veiw.
    regardless, you look pretty damn large too me brutha

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    My arms are only 18 1/4", I wish I had 20's

My typical routine is something like this:

Bi's, pick 3 exercises from this list, 3-4 sets each:

Straight bar curls, heavy weights/low reps
    Dumbell curls standing or sitting
    incline bench seated dumbell curls
    preachers bench curl
    21's on the low cable

Tri's, any three of these, 3-4 sets each:

close grip bench
    press down
    reverse grip cable
    skull crushers
    dumbell behind the head raises (WTF are they called?)
    weighted dips

I mix it up quite a bit, and have been really trying to train instinctively. I just pick 3 exercises, and pound out 3-4 sets of each. I try to be sure to include on major movement, like heavy bar work in all workouts, followed by a couple of shaping movements. I'll try adding hammer curls to the routine. What would hit the top of the tri's, closer to the rear delt (top of horseshoe)?

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Padawan
    My arms are only 18 1/4", I wish I had 20's

My typical routine is something like this:

Bi's, pick 3 exercises from this list, 3-4 sets each:

Straight bar curls, heavy weights/low reps
    Dumbell curls standing or sitting
    incline bench seated dumbell curls
    preachers bench curl
    21's on the low cable

Tri's, any three of these, 3-4 sets each:

close grip bench
    press down
    reverse grip cable
    skull crushers
    dumbell behind the head raises (WTF are they called?)
    weighted dips

I mix it up quite a bit, and have been really trying to train instinctively. I just pick 3 exercises, and pound out 3-4 sets of each. I try to be sure to include on major movement, like heavy bar work in all workouts, followed by a couple of shaping movements. I'll try adding hammer curls to the routine. What would hit the top of the tri's, closer to the rear delt (top of horseshoe)?
    i think thier called overhead dumbell extensions..
    start off with hammer curls as uppose to the regular alternates, i read in a tom prince article how they really improve arm thickness from the front, and ive personally noticed a difference since i started using them in my arm workout(1st exercise).
    a buddy of mine(w 20 inch guns btw) showed me an arm exercise that fuckin kicks, and works the inner head(if you use a wide grip) or the entire bicep extremely well.
    using the shorter straigh bar or easy curl (if your gym doesnt have them) with a wide grip, and do seated partial curls with your legs infront of you, each rep ending when hte bar touches your quads. the outer grip will work the inner head. after these 2 exercises you'll see in the pump alone that the arms will have a thicker look from all angles.
    peace,
    tank

compwhiz16 is offline Junior Member
    Your arms look good man, what's wrong with you...... Anyways what really works for me is hammer curls and then reverse bar bell curls for thickness. The best way to do hammer curls (dumbells) at least for me is to get good 6 - 8 reps with moderately heavy weights and then immediately some more 5-6 reps with lighter weights. Try it out and let me know if it works for you or not. Make sure that your form is nice and strict.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    The only thing I can see is that your left arm may not have the same size as your right. Try to do a couple extra sets on that arm, maybe isolation curls. Also you'll be surprised how much muscle you actually have on those arms once you lose a little bf. Good luck bro.

big swoll is offline Member
    i'd say your looking good bro....what are you currently taking..maybe try some site injections if you're not doing that

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by thetank

i think thier called overhead dumbell extensions..
    Some people call those French Presses. I hope that doesn't mean we have to call them "Freedom Presses" now...

--dnb

David B. is offline Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by compwhiz16
    Anyways what really works for me is hammer curls and then reverse bar bell curls for thickness.
    I agree.

Reverse curls in particular have added thickness to my arms. Depending on their insertions, some people get a little boost to their biceps by developing the brachialis (that's an old Larry Scott trick), and I seem to be one of them.

To Padawan: try adding reverse curls to the end of your biceps routine, and go kinda heavy, in the 5-to-6-rep range. If your gym has a thick bar, like one of those 50-55 lb. 7' barbells rated for a 1500 lb. load, that seems to help too.

--dnb

Thread Information