Rampage Jackson is offline Junior Member

My pics. (Starting from zero again)

Here are my pics. AS you can tell, I need to drop some fat (and by some I mean alot !). I weigh 210lbs , and have a BF of 27% (average of Dexa, and hydrostatric).
    Without getting real specific, I'm basically eating 1700-2000 cals per day, and I have a 3 day split with Chest/Tri, Back/Shoulders,and Legs. Cardio 5x per week and abs on tue,thurs. I started this plan today, as it's my first day of summer.

These are my pics, I just thought I'd throw them up for the heck of it.

Last edited by Rampage Jackson; 05-19-2003 at 06:05 PM.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Well everybody has to start from some where and I can tell you that you will put on more muscle in your first couple of years than any other time, so starting is a great thing .I tell this to everybody make sure to stick to the basic at first Bench press, squats, dead lifts ,presses and rows these will add so much to your size in no time .In fact I looked just like you a year ago and if you go down to my pics under cdog you will be able to see what can be done your first yr .Not that Im anything but a normal guy who has just started my self .I have some before and during pics of me and as you will see you can change fast if you stay with it .Your new muscles will keep you going in for more everyday .Peace......CDOG
    Last edited by cdog; 05-24-2003 at 09:05 PM.

supernav is offline New Member

Talking

First off, you got a lot of blubber to lose.

so first off, go on atkins. That'll get you into "fit" mode.

Once you're in fit mode, it's time to start sculpting that body and adding definition.

Start taking r-ala with meals, start doing LOTSA cardio and weights. Take a thermo ECA stack to suppress the appetite, increase metabolism and energy.

That'll get you into nice and shape mode.

Then cycle or whatever the hell you want then. Choices become much more fun then.

-= nav =-

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Took some real balls to post these pics bro. Good for you. This is like the picture that people put on their fridge to remind them. Daily caloric intake looks good. Just keep your goal in mind and take it one day at a time.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Keep the thread going with updated pics every couple of weeks to show progress and add motivation. I think if you can stick to the diet and cardio you will be amazed at the difference after a few months.

mammoth is offline Member
    One thing that you might want to try is getting a trainer to write a diet for you! It'll cost you in the range of $100 to $200 bucks. I have a friend who is a NPC competitor and he is also a nutritionist. He wrote me a diet plan designed specifically for me. Diet timing is also extremely important. Just remember to be patient and stick with it.

You will find that in the beginning you will probably shed weight quite rapidly, and it will slow down the further into it you go. Most of the intial weight loss will be water weight. Fat is in itself harder to get rid of, and then the fat cells themselves are even more difficult. That is why it is crucial that you stick with it. Good luck and keep us posted on your results.

BTW--If you don't have access to a trainer locally then I would suggest checking out one of Swolecat's programs. I personally prefer seeing a trainer in person, because they can do all your measurements during your progress. Here is Swole's link http://www.gotswole.com

Talking

you can get r-ala and thermorexin from www.anabolicfitness.net

get a discount code from emailing the site to save money on r-ala.

-= nav =-

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by llbeastcd
    Took some real balls to post these pics bro. Good for you.

100% agreed! Keep going bro!

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    Also, Can't hurt get out in the sun for a little while. JMO

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by supernav
    so first off, go on atkins. That'll get you into "fit" mode.
    Atkins is a temporary (at best) solution that will help you drop some weight quickly...bith water weight and fat weight. In no way will an atkins type diet get you in fit mode as it does not even come close to providing the nutrional requirements neccesary to train like a body builder.

Stangaholic is offline New Member
    How good is thermorexin? I need something to help me through my fat loss and help with my workouts while dieting, is this better than the normal ECA stack?>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Originally posted by Pete235

Atkins is a temporary (at best) solution that will help you drop some weight quickly...bith water weight and fat weight. In no way will an atkins type diet get you in fit mode as it does not even come close to providing the nutrional requirements neccesary to train like a body builder.
    100% agreed!

~SC~

>Atkins is a temporary (at best) solution

How do you explain the 90% of bodybuilders who use Atkins with a carb-up day (also known as CKD) diets.

gotcha.

-= nav =-

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There are a million different diets out there that we all know of, obviously some better than others, but the main thing is to just have a plan and dedicate yourself for at least a month before you make changes or completely try a different diet. This is the only way to figure out what works for you. Just make sure you read everything you can about that diet, so you know exactly why you are eating everything that goes into your mouth.

Just wondering, where did you find that statistic supernav?
    Last edited by saboudian; 06-15-2003 at 09:34 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by supernav
    >Atkins is a temporary (at best) solution

How do you explain the 90% of bodybuilders who use Atkins with a carb-up day (also known as CKD) diets.

gotcha.

-= nav =-
    No you didn't get me. Do a little more research bro, these competitive BBers use a CKD in the final weeks before a show...ONLY for the last few weeks as the contest approaches. I acknowledged that it helps shed weight quickly but as I said, it IS NOT permanent and it is not healthy. Ask any competitive bodybuilder how they feel in the last few weeks before a show, for that matter ask them how strong they are and how good thier training sessions are. Atkins style diets are shit as far as building muscle or "being fit".

>it IS NOT permanent and it is not healthy

I agree. It is not a good PERMANENT solution. But i do disagree that it is healthy. As long, as you said, you use it for a few weeks and then go back to a *healthy* diet (preferably with r-ala, biotin, gla and thermorexin. A fat burner's POWER pack!) .

-= nav =-

dangit is offline Member
    I've looked into the whole atkins diet too and I agree with Pete that it's not a diet that would be good to stay on more than a few weeks or a month tops to shed weight quickly. It's not a healthy diet at all and can't be used that way. It's a way to crash diet and if your eating habits aren't right afterwards, then you'll just jip right back up to your old weight.

Plus, you'll feel like crap if you stick to a diet like that religiously.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    i think by "fit" mode... he meant that you will drop some weight quick and it will help while you iron out a lifestyle change rather than just going on diets. Fat loss is a major motivator to keep at it as well.

Thread Information