aanold is offline Junior Member

New member and want to say this place rocks...

I've been lurking and just reading since Oct-02 and just wanted to add a little. I found this board then and was wanting to jump right into a cycle, I had already done a lot of research (or so I thought!) After reading the board I realized I had a whole lot more that I needed to accomplish first. Since that day I've just been reading and filling my brain with the info you guys have put out here.

My diet was far from in check and I had no idea the value that supplements (protein, creatine, etc.) could add to my workouts. I've since changed lots of my eating habbits and been taking what many here consider to be essentials.

Here are some pics. The first two are from around christmas I had gotten the BF% down a little and was weighing like 195 from 205. I wish I had some before this to compare to. The last was a couple of weeks ago and I'm at about 185. My goal now is to pack on some more muscle. Let me know what you guys think.

Currently taking:

Optimum 100% Whey
    Cell Tech (workout days)
    Creatine Mono + Gatorade Powder (non-workout days)
    Multi-Vitamin
    Universal Uni-Liver

Current stats:

Age 28
    Height 6'0
    Weight 185
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-tricep_01_12.22.03.jpg  

Second pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-leg_01_12.22.03.jpg  

Third pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-relaxed_01_3.21.03.jpg  

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome bro, you have a good base, Now its time to GROW.

Pain

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to tha broad bro....
    By the way U look a lot bigger than 185 (look more like 230 or above)
    Any way nice to have U on board.

Thanks guys.

Hey Pain, I'm from Quincy. Glad to see there are guys on here in my neck of the woods.

nynsb is offline Banned
    Originally posted by aanold
    Second pic
    Watch the belly roll!!!
    Kills the picture.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    welcome to AR bro!

Originally posted by nynsb

Watch the belly roll!!!
    Kills the picture.

I tought about that after I posted.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro that 3rd pic rocks .Whats your bf brother.Peace

Right now I'm at the lowest BF% I've been in a long time, which is about the same as the last pic. When I use one of those cheapo body fat testers it says that I'm between 8-10%, but I'm really not sure on its accuracy though.

I actually would like to get some opinions on what others think my BF% in the 3rd pic above is.

nynsb is offline Banned
    Probably about 10--12 %.
    You need to be more relaxed and don't suck in your gut it makes you look really unnatural and fake.
    Try posing it makes for a better picture, sucking it in makes you look like an old fat guy.
    Overall I say you have some real potential.

PHATCAT is offline Associate Member
    WELCOME ABOARD!

alevok Guest
    welcome,
    nice chest&arms, some rounder delts you need.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by nynsb
    Watch the belly roll!!!
    Kills the picture.
    Who is the blue hell are you? You have 21 posts here and every single one of them is in the members pics forum. Now, what that tells me is that you are not interested in learning or helping, only in criticizing. In 15 of your 21 posts you tell the poster that they are too fat or have too much bf or need more cardio. Which brings me back to my original question...who are you? More importantly, why should anybody give a shit about what you say. Constructive criticism is welcome but most times it is welcome from established members who have proven that they know what they're talking about, who have put in time helping here and sharing their experience, who have posted pics of themselves demonstarting that they know how to get things done. You have done none of the above, you don't have any stats in your profile, you've never once posted in any of the other forms and you seem to be obsessed with belly rolls and love handles. My advice to you would be, nut up and post some pics of yourself, prove that you know what your talking about...because until then, as far as I'm concerned, you comments hold absolutly no weight around here.

Piron is offline Junior Member
    Welcome bro! Im not going to pretend im the wise "old" man here, therefor no criticism. (right Pete ) From my point of view, you look great man, very nice chest! Good luck to you!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Piron
    Im not going to pretend im the wise "old" man here, therefor no criticism. (right Pete )
    Bro, don't get me wrong, constructive criticism and honesty is more than welcome here as long as it's presented in a respectful manner. Maybe nynsb's posts don't come across as disrespectful, but I think the fact that all he has done since he's registered is critiqued peoples pics (and it's always the same critque) is disrespectful in itself. That was my point.

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    I'd have to say:

Nice chest...can I borrow it for a few years?

Arms look to be lagging a bit, but it's hard to tell from the pics...Lets see some poses.

Front Double Bi
    Ab shot
    Back Double Bi
    Calves

Quads look average you can tell they are worked.

What gets me is I see the same thing with your stomach that I see with mine. Granted yours is a bit more cut up than mine. But ya know how some people have that "inner bend" like a typical stomach does when bending at the waist...well you and I have the outter little pouch... But when we stand up...it simply doesnt appear to be there.

I've gotten my upper body shredded, veins everywhere (infact this was recently) and I still had the fat around my lower back/love handles and front lower abs. This is a trouble spot in the worst way.

You look good in your standing pic...i think pic 3 not sure though. you can even see the oblique lines and some upper abs...

Best advice I can give for that is diet. It will be the last place to go, and the first to come back, however once it's gone....hehe, life will be great.

I think of it like this...everything else will be supper shredded, then i get that lil' part off, and i'm gonna be complete!

You are doing well...again that Chest is killing me....i need to borrow that. Shoulders could use some military presses and arnolds. but you look solid man!

Keep it up!

K'Fit

Piron is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Bro, don't get me wrong, constructive criticism and honesty is more than welcome here as long as it's presented in a respectful manner. Maybe nynsb's posts don't come across as disrespectful, but I think the fact that all he has done since he's registered is critiqued peoples pics (and it's always the same critque) is disrespectful in itself. That was my point.
    Sorry pete, all I ment was that im not the person to ask regarding posing, competing, where to concentrate and so on.. All I can say is if a person look great from my personal point of view. Anyways, I have great respect for the people that post their pictures here.no doubt about that.

nynsb is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Pete235

Who is the blue hell are you? You have 21 posts here and every single one of them is in the members pics forum. Now, what that tells me is that you are not interested in learning or helping, only in criticizing. In 15 of your 21 posts you tell the poster that they are too fat or have too much bf or need more cardio. Which brings me back to my original question...who are you? More importantly, why should anybody give a shit about what you say. Constructive criticism is welcome but most times it is welcome from established members who have proven that they know what they're talking about, who have put in time helping here and sharing their experience, who have posted pics of themselves demonstarting that they know how to get things done. You have done none of the above, you don't have any stats in your profile, you've never once posted in any of the other forms and you seem to be obsessed with belly rolls and love handles. My advice to you would be, nut up and post some pics of yourself, prove that you know what your talking about...because until then, as far as I'm concerned, you comments hold absolutly no weight around here.
    The guy asked what do you think.
    He doesn't seem bothered by my comment.
    Don't you think people want to hear the truth.
    I think the only way to improve your body is to work on your weaknesses, It seems to me if all we do is praise then people will stop trying to improve.
    In my vocabulary when someone says what do you think, I tell them.
    It's not about who knows the most it's about people's opinion, I am sorry if my opinion bothers you.
    His first post states, What do you guys think.
    I think he needs to work on tightening up his belly.

Originally posted by alevok

welcome,
    nice chest&arms, some rounder delts you need.
    I definitely agree with ya on the delts. I just recently started looking for more excercises for my rear delts. When I was younger I shyed away from lat raises because they were always a weakness. Paying for that now. Starting to go hard on them now and incorporate bent over laterals more often. Any suggestions on great rear delt exercises, from anyone, would be awesome.

Originally posted by KunipshunFit

...Lets see some poses.

I'm gonna get some more pics in the next couple of days.

Originally posted by KunipshunFit

What gets me is I see the same thing with your stomach that I see with mine. Granted yours is a bit more cut up than mine. But ya know how some people have that "inner bend" like a typical stomach does when bending at the waist...well you and I have the outter little pouch... But when we stand up...it simply doesnt appear to be there.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this curse. My diet is definitely something I've gotta get down. I always took for granted the metabolism I had when I was younger. I have to do a shit load of cardio just to be half as cut as I was at 20.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Will definitely keep posting on progress.

accidentally double posted
    Last edited by aanold; 04-11-2003 at 05:13 PM.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Nice think chest Bro, great base for sure, i see lots of potential there, great work so far...XXL

[ant]83 is offline New Member
    looking heaps solid bro, looks like the chest is thick and wide. keep it up man, no flame or anything but personally if u leaned out a lil with some cardio i reckon ud be looking heaps good man. (thats wat id do, but i spose everyones different) =D

nice tri's too, its up to u now which goals u wanna go after

=) take care

Some additional pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-b-w_01_4.11.03.jpg  

Back double-bi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-b-w_02_4.11.03.jpg  

Calf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-b-w_04_4.11.03.jpg  

This was the best pic I could get of my mid-section. Believe it or not those abs are flexed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member and want to say this place rocks...-b-w_03_4.11.03.jpg  

Thread Information