Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By e1ectric

Thread: 43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e

biggjd69 is offline Associate Member

43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e

Just wanted some advice from the experienced. I have been lifting since age 24, but over the last few years have slacked up with it quite a bit. Lifting here and there and eating a lot. I allowed myself to get to 253 and decided it was time to do something about it. I started a diet around the end of Oct. I was 253lbs and 24% bodyfat at that time. Today I have gotten down to 219 with 18% bodyfat. I am posting pics below. The first three pics is when I started the diet and the next three is today. I do cardio 4 times a week and lift 5 days a week a bodypart a day, 10-12 reps 4 sets. My question, in your opinion, do I like like I am ready for a cycle because I have everything I need to get started, and yes I have already did extensive blood work and everything is fine. Thoughts and Suggestions please. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-2013-01-26-14.02.25.jpg   43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-2013-01-26-14.04.24.jpg   43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-2013-01-26-14.04.04.jpg   43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-20130126_120028_hdr.jpg   43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-20130126_094714.jpg  

43 years old...about to start firts cycle of test e-20130126_094903_hdr.jpg  

ironman1982 is offline Associate Member
    Dont take this the wrong way but i dont think your in good enough shape to start a cycle..

your bodyfat is way way higher than 18 in my opinion. more like 30%

im not overly educated on this but some of the other guys with more knowledge might have better input.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Hey BigJD have to agree get the bodyfat down first will limit the sides.

deffo think your not any lower than 25% at the moment

Post up a mock days diet. and how you train

theres a lot of good guys with plenty years of knowledge

they will get you going in the right direction.

Good job so far on getting your bf down.

No ironman1982, I don't take offense to what you are saying. That is why I posted the pics and ask the question. I want as much advise as possible. Here is a mock diet and how I train;

Morning-10 egg whites
    Mid Morning-7oz Chicken Breast
    Lunch-7 oz CHicken breast, 1cup of Green beans
    Mid Afternoon- 7oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup of Green Beans, I cup of Brown or Basmati Rice
    Post Workout- 40grams of Whey and 1 bagel
    Dinner- 7oz Chicken Breast and 1 cup of Green Beans

Training
    Mon-Chest 4 sets of 10-12 reps
    Tues-Legs
    Wed-Shoulders
    Thurs-Back
    Fri-Arms and legs

MWF and Sat I do Cardio for 35-45 mins

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The last few pics look good man, at your age you have done fine work my brother from another mother.
    IMO I say go for it man start pinning right away, just keep your cardio and diet up and you should see some amazing results, not to mention feel great! Good luck

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    The last few pics look good man, at your age you have done fine work
    IMO I say go for it man start pinning right away, just keep your cardio and diet up and you should see some amazing results, not to mention feel great! Good luck
    I agree for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    Really man?

Lose a little more weight. You don't want to cycle at that weight and Bf%. It might do good, or it might be tough. Juice raises your blood pressure along with cholesterol.

Along with being overweight this can complicate shit and your will huff and puff or worse.

Lose like another 20 pounds then run juice. You will have much better results, guaranteed.

Good work so far though man!

Thanks Samson. Thats why I am here, trying to get advice on what direction to go. What do you think of my current diet and workout I posted above

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    At your age there is no reason as to why you cant do it. If anything there should only be benefits.

Though with your currents stats and the way your looking, some of the input been on this thread is correct, u could cut down more naturally, and have a more productive cycle with seeing alot better results as opposed to letting the gear do what you could of done naturally if that make sense.

Great progress though you have done well to get where your at now. Its unfortunate you let yourself go over the last phew years though, its not easy espically with our hectic lifestyles.

Blog Entries
    I think the diet is too shallow. You should need more cals. . . . But, I am not 100% since you don't have the numbers posted.

But, looks very lean which is good.

On my last cut, I ran 500-700 under TDEE with great results.

If you run the test, you can pull back the cals pretty hard and still keep on the muscle which is kinda nice.

Also fasted cardio does wonders. . . .

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    X2 on the fasted cardio. Along with a proper diet fasted cardio will help melt of the fat.

Great work btw, keep it up

Samson, the diet I am using is from 3j. It is 2433 Calories, Fat: 99, Carbs: 106 Protein: 265

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggjd69 View Post
    Samson, the diet I am using is from 3j. It is 2433 Calories, Fat: 99, Carbs: 106 Protein: 265

No shit?

U r right, just added it up.

Good shit.

You can do no carb or carb cycle also.

But, hit the fat a little lower then juice.

Just my 2 Cents.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with Samson on his evaluation. No need to jump into it to quickly. You have a lot of natural progress to make and will be much happier with your cycle if you wait until you get the body fat down to 15% or less.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    OP Have you have your BW done lately Get your test levels checked first, before cycle. Your 43............ your in the TRT zone............FYI

As far as your pics congrats on the weight loose....................... and as a sticky at the top of this section clearly states,
    Post your pics before giving advice on someone elses............

Nice work brother!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    OP Have you have your BW done lately Get your test levels checked first, before cycle.
    Good point

It would be good to know where you stand now with your natural test production.

Kinda forgot to mention that earlier.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Regardless of your height, weight, gender, color, or religious background, 15% BF is the golden rule. And quite frankly, youre in the 20's for BF - probably closer to 23-24.

Anything higher than 15% and you're odds of unwanted sides increase. And these sides include acne, erectile dysfunction, water retention, heart disease, stroke..ect.

Its also very important to have your diet in check as well, in fact more important than the cycle you chose. If your diet is not dialed in, your gains will be lost and youll end up a blob. Get your shit dialed in brother - dont half ass it.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    congrats on the success thus far

i recommend getting bloodwork done /checking hormone levels / and going from there

check out the hrt forum

best of luck

fyi, i got on hrt at age 36 now 43 ....was similar bf% as you know and hrt was the answer for me as well as many.....i also had lost weight without but then struggled til i found i was low T and that was the magic bullet that was preventing any further fat loss as the only thing changed was that i was on hrt..diet stayed the same and i continued bustin my a$$ in the gym like i was when i plateued...went from 25% is to 13/14% in 6 months

e1ectric is offline Junior Member
    up date?
    zaggahamma likes this.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    yeh how is it goin my man

hope your killin it

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice progress. Keep us posted.

Thread Information