Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Updated pic of me

Here's the latest and greatest. I've been away from the board a lot lately but not the gym. I've dropped from 138 down to 126 and I'm feeling pretty good. I hope I can be ready for a show in October. Anyway...here's a new one...been a while since I posted.
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 12-25-2005 at 11:25 PM.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

D_BEAR is offline Junior Member
    DAYUM
    NICE VERY GOOD WORK
    WHATS YOUR STATS?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn you look great I don't see how you could be worried about October. I doubt you have you have that far to go

Waist is down to 25 from 27, hips 36 from 39. Bicep is 11.5 cold, 13 flexed. Right now... I'm benching 185, squat over 200 and leg press over 800. I was happy today to start using 30 lb dumbells for curls. Starting to see the horseshoe in my tris.

Thanks D_Bear
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Body fat is my main issue right now. The comp I want to enter is a local military comp and there are only one or two that are in better shape than I am and if I can get my weight down some more... I won't be in the main one's weight class. Thanks Ron...I wish I had my before pics... but I've made some major progress since Nov. I started working in a Korean place in Jan and since then lost a lot of fat. I eat so much damn chicken and cabbage I'm lucky I don't grow feathers and cluck.

better pic.....

you can see a little more.. ok.. you can see a lot more in this one..
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 12-25-2005 at 11:25 PM.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Looking Good, Keep Up the great work

fast is offline Associate Member
    Very nice!

setsthesun is offline Banned
    while in the first pic you looked very good the second show that you have great structural flaws.....as in wide hips.

now i'm not an expert but i think that your arms are already too big (fitness or bodybuilding...if bodybuilding then they aren't) when compared to the rest of your body. you should try and work more towards tightening your midsection, and working on your quads and back. also try avoiding squats because they'll widen your hips even more.

dangit is offline Member
    I tend to disagree about the squats making your hips larger. I squat like an idiot and do tons of leg presses too and my hips never really grow. My ass is getting real huge though, but you can only see it from a side view, not a front view.

I would try and get more width in your lats since that seems like it might be what's lacking compared to the rest of your physique.

Besides that, just keep on getting leaner and practice flexing and that will bring out all your defintion.

Looks like you've got a very good base, so keep it up

Thanks Set. Don't really want to do Fitness so I guess I'm ok. Hips... well god gave em to me and I can only work with what I have.

Thanks everyone else for the comments.

Thanks Dang it. Compared to what I used to weigh/measure....hips are small now. I've lost a LOT. I also have two kids so theres some damage from that as well. I don't plan to give up. I will get there some day.

WhackTheBid is offline Junior Member
    Commando
    Nice Nice work- you can see a definate improvement from your first set of pics. Good luck heading towards your show in October. If you keep up the good work you will get there for sure.
    Proud of you

WTB

zillamonster is offline Junior Member
    Great work!! I think you look awesome. Cut up a tad and you will steal the show.

Zilla

Romulus is offline New Member
    Hi there !

I think that you have done a fantastic job, and you will probably find that some of the size will come off the arms as you cut up for your show.

It seems as if your arms are probably a genetic strength, so I would concentrate on some back width in the future.

As for the hips, I think you have a physique that most 25 year olds would die for !! Good Luck

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Big difference from before. Benching 185 is awesome too. I know a lot of guys who can't bench 150% of their weight. Keep it up. Are you planning to do the Ironman in Bellevue?

Dizzle - Thanks. I'm still weighing more than I want to but I'll get there. Don't think I'm quite ready for Ironman. I do plan to go. I went to the Emerald Cup. I only got to stay for pre-judging. I am looking to do the Sub Base Bangor show at the end of Oct. Anyway, one of the guys from my base is going to do Ironman so I will be there to cheer him on. My training partner and I have a 50% rule... I do 50% of what he does. Unfortuantely, I'm getting stronger faster than he is... and he can't keep up. Poor baby. Anyway, if you are at the Ironman... I'd love to meet and say hello Dizzle.

Romulus - Big arms do run in the family. My legs get thick fast too. I am trying to cut both down a bit but they just like to be bulky. Thanks for the compliments....it's funny. I have a lot of the young sailors coming up to me now.....asking for advice. Some of them just stand in the corner and stare. Makes me feel good ;-).

Zilla and Whack... thanks. I know I have my weak areas...but I've made a lot of progress so I am happy with that. I intend to get better and better.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Very nice barbi ,looks like your shoulders have some more meat on them, now...how about showing some back with matching g-string

Hey Palme... I have those pics too... but not for public display....those are for the special man in my life ;-)

Thanks for the compliments.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Nice work there commando....your shows in October? Ah you'll be dynamite by then. Keep up the great work and kepp us updated.

roch is offline Member
    I disagree about the hips thing. I think hips on a woman are hot. keep doing what your doing, you look great!

Thanks Roch....my current boyfriend seems to like them just fine. I don't want to completely lose my femininty.

I also didn't agree about staying away from squats. I find when I don't do them.....my hips get flabby. I have lightened my weights a bit however.

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    You look fantastic!!!

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    congrats on the goals you've reached thus far and for two kids , you look really good

your dedication shines through, keep it up

Thanks OVG and With. Nice to get positive feedback.

:-)

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    To tighten up thighs and glut... nice and hard. I train my fiance on a track. She will do 100 meter body weight lunges. one set is to one end and back. she will jog half a mile then do three sets of lunges.
    They are a key point in my training and hers. You will get the benifit of a nice tight thigh muscular calve and high glute and good cut between glute and ham. try them you wont rerget it. If getting ready for a shoot I'll have her do that workout three times a week. Its a good cardio pump also...

Cool MM.... I used to do a lot of that on the beach in Barbados. I don't train outside too much here because it's cold and I have problems with asthma, but I will try in the gym.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking Good....I hope we can catch up when I get back!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking Good....I hope we can catch up when I get back!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Looking great Commando, I agree you should tighten up the midsection, but that's JMO, I love that fitness competitor look. You have me totally impressed with those lifts too, 800 on the leg press? Daaayum! You are strong as hell!

Damn Bama....you're stuttering. Hey email me at work. My bonehead ISSM crashed my computer and had to completely reformat my HD. I lost all my email addy's.

Thanks Pump. I'm working on it. That is my worst area to lose fat. I still need to drop about 10 lbs.....but compared to what I had going on before I'm pretty happy....happy, not satisfied.

C.B.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by setsthesun
    while in the first pic you looked very good the second show that you have great structural flaws.....as in wide hips.

also try avoiding squats because they'll widen your hips even more.
    Commando..You look great and your hardwork is definitley showing..Keep up the effort and you will be ready for October..Is this your first show??

Sets..Wide hips are not 'structural flaws"..They are genetically programmed into women for child bearing..Some have more pronounced hips than others, but it is certainly not a structural flaw..And since when do squats widen your hips?? They don't!!

Doc M

Again commando..Keep it up and sorry for hijacking your thread!!

No prob Doc. I don't mind at all. I personally don't think I'm doing too bad for someone that has had 2 kids.

I had my bodyfat checked. I've lost 7% and gained 10.9 lbs of lean mass. I'm pretty damn impressed with myself :-).

C.B.

BLASTER40 is offline New Member
    Hi CB,
    So your going to do the Sub base Bangor show, I was stationed out
    there at TTF, back in 89 I was going to do the Bangor show but the
    gym I was training at said I should try the Olympic Pennisula Show, run
    by Flex gym in Silverdale, I got third in the novice Middleweights for my
    1st show, I heard that the bangor show moved off base and has gotten
    even more popular, I was the stage manager for atleast two of them in
    90 & 91, its a well run show for 1st timers and you'll do just great, keep
    up the hard work.
    later

That show was on base last year. It was pretty well attended. I had a couple friends do that one. The one thing that got me was that they made women do the lat spread poses....I haven't seen that anywhere else.

I'm stationed at Whidbey and god willing it's my last assignement. Soon I retire (whooo whooo whooo)

Way to go on your shows. I really just want to see how it feels... just once before I hit the big 40. For now I'm really happy to just have my little show in the gym everyday when the younger guys (and women) are watching to try and figure out how I move so much weight (heehee).

Have a great one.
    C.B.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Looking good baby!! Looking damn good!!! Keep up the great work.

LOL where the hell have you been?????

Thanks Sic.....Miss you. Drop me a line some time.

Hugs

Thread Information