tkench2002 is offline New Member

Post Critique my PICS always wanting advice !

Blank
    Last edited by tkench2002; 03-24-2007 at 07:41 PM.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Your pretty lean and tone already. Now all you have to do is eat hearty and fairly clean Train hard and heavy and eat (food is key) and you'll gain some good size in no time

JUDGE is offline New Member
    I am new to the board but I have been into bodybuilding since I was a young pimp I can give you constructive criticism. You may like it, you may not
    I think you still have growing to do since you're only 19 but always stay focused. Some people are born with a body for bb, I don't think you are one of them... I hope you can prove me wrong someday. I am sure since you are posting your pics that you workout hard no question. Definitely don't start any cycles in the near future. like i said your muscles will start to mature, however, since you are kind of tall, focus on widening your back and shoulders to get you that V shape. Lift HEAVY. NEVER neglect legs no matter how much you think they aren't growing --they are. better to have 24.75" legs than 24" Right! You need to really focus on your diet. Eat big to get big. I always recommend 50, 30, 20 -carbs, protein, fat respectively. So at 190, 19yrs old you probably have a pretty fast metab. I recommend eating 3800 calories=475g carbs, 285g protein (1.5g/lb bw), 88g fat. If you were already on that track don't take my help as insulting, hell, I read this same stuff in magazines all the time and it is still fun to read. If you ever want more help just post a thread asking for my help. I will look for it. I will be more than happy to pass on my knowledge. I hope you stay with it. I read everthing I can about bb from motivation to the kreb cycle. If you ever have any questions I will try to answer them with the best intentions of what I learned. If I don't know something you ask, I will tell you. Good Luck

Judge?

Blank
    Last edited by tkench2002; 03-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Keep at it. Hey I hope your dreams of becoming a bodybuilder come true. As far as the supps go, I only believe in taking supplement carbs, proteins, fats and creatine. Every other supp seems to be too expensive and inconclusive of it's claims. If the supp is cheap it probably is cheap(crap). If you want bigger bis, read more about exercise. It may be you need to change your workout up or train with more volume or intensity. I don't mean intensity by blowing out blood vessels in your head. Get books, look on the internet for volume workouts and intensity workouts. Read. Just have fun with working out. You will learn what is best for you over the years. Like I said the best thing to do is learn as much as you can in book, mags, message boards, etc on bb and adjust your workout according to the results you want.

Blank

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hye bro lookin good for only a year's worth of workin out. My only question is why do you wanna cut up now? I'm a hardgainer myself, which you seem to look like as well (not a flame, you just have a thin, semi-ectomorphic bone structure, like myself..so I'm just assuming). You do have a good frame though, it looks like the V shape is waiting to explode out of you!

Why not focus on eating huge amounts and bulking up to a big size for awhile, THEN cutting fat. That's what I did. I started lifting when I was 17. I was 6'1" 167 SKINNY but now I'm 23 and I'm 6'1" 205 down from 215 (my heaviest). Us hardgainers are blessed with a great metabolism so I'm sure you can eat a ton and gain a signifigant amount of size and not a lot of fat. Just make sure its good clean food! Nothing personal here but if you wanna compete you're REALLY gonna have to fill out your frame first before you focus on cutting up.

I only say this because you wanna be a BB'r. I have two friends who are BB'rs and during their offseasons they eat like HORSES, then they start cutting up around 3 months b4 the competition.

Good luck with your goals bro!

Originally posted by tkench2002
    Thanks for your advice only thing i am taking at the moment is a OneADay vitamin, cell-tech and nitro-tech, along with 2 caps of green tea 350mg a cap. To boost my metabolism basically as a diuretic. Next week I begin cell-tech. I will look into volume training etc. your info will be helpful hey Judge you got any pics I see your profile like 5'10 255 lbs you must be a monster. Competing in a fitness or bodybuilding would be a dream come true to me if im good enough then other than that I just want to become a monster and keep continuing the lifestyle of living I am now. After all bodybuilding is a lifestyle.
    The supps you are taking will do the job just fine no matter what result you are looking for but remember they are only supps and eating the right foods at the rights times is the key. Thanks for checking my profile. I am going to post some pics but I accidentally broke my camera by charging it with an ac adapter that was too strong for it and f'd it up so I have to buy a new one. I will let you know when I do post. Being chisled for the summer is understandable but as soon as summer is over start BULKING up. Fill out your frame like Phreak said.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You're a tall fairly thin guy but that doesn't mean you can't get huge. My biggest suggestion would be, and I know it's not what you want to hear at your age, to forget about looking lean so you look good for summer and stick to a more long term training plan. Build mass for 4-5 years, then cut up. I say 4-5 years cause you say you want to get huge and by huge I'm assuming at least 250 @ 10-12% bf on your frame.

big swoll is offline Member

Re: Judge?

Originally posted by tkench2002
    But the question really is how to become a bodybuilder or what makes one? Dieting, Steroids, Lifting, Focus and determination. I have all of these aspects and am currently new to the game after only a year. The only aspect I dont have is I have never taken STEROIDS to increase gains.

you're forgetting the most important thing by far....GENETICS...i dont believe that he was questioning your work ethic or determination, but if you are still fairly new to it there are some things that you probly still dont understand fully...the professional body builders that you know of aren't there because they work hard and take steroids ...im not saying that they dont work hard....they work out 10 times harder than i ever will, but they all have incredible genetics...i could never be a body builder because i dont have the genetics to, it doesn't matter how hard i work...if you want to be a body builder i wish you luck, and keep working hard...just know that all of the top guys have excelent genetics

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Stay with it bro...keep educating yourself, training and eating and you'll reach your goal.

alevok Guest
    2 hour workout is too much, your work out should not exceed 60 min, if it does it means either you are overtraining or talking too much with people around.
    lift heavy eat heavy

Blank

dangit is offline Member
    You say you want to get bigger bis and tris, then I wouldn't be worrying about getting my abs to show.

I can tell you that the only way you'll make real progress and grow is to forget about your abs for a while and eat a crazy amount of calories and put on some mass.

It seems that the less of my abs that i can see, then the bigger and stronger I get. I've read that alot of bodybuilders loose their abs when trying to bulk up and put on alot of size.

You need an excess amount of calories to be sure that your muscles are getting all the nutrients they need.

Try putting on some bulk for at least 6 months and concentrate on mostly power movements and you'll grow for sure. Make sure you do your leg workouts as those are the biggest muscles in your body and will help the rest of you grow as well. Shoulder presses, squats, deadlifts, dips, etc... should all be in there for building mass.

I used to make sure that my abs looked good year round and never put on any size from year to year. Wasn't until I decided to eat more and cut down my cardio did I start to grow.

dangit !!

Blank

Thread Information