tyevho is offline Junior Member

46 yrs old and giving it hell

These pics were taken after 13 months of lifting. Started at 202 lbs 29% BF. Now am 169 lbs 10% BF Ht 5'6". Never dreamed I would put on any muscle at my age. All natural, 300mgs protein a day, lots of vitamins,a ton of dicsipline, and favorable genetics. I love this sport, it has turned my entire life around!!!!! Goes to show anything is possible even for a man in his 40's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46 yrs old and giving it hell-tye-side-view-mod-.jpg  

Legs

leg shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46 yrs old and giving it hell-legs-mod-.jpg  

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    bro you can't leave us hangin without before shots.....a year and you lost 20% b/f? damn please tell me how you did that

Cottage cheese and tuna for the first 60 days, dropped down to 158 lbs. No carbs at all, I was f..... starving but it worked

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    cottage cheese has plenty of carbs.

Try 2 cups of low fat cottage cheese, 3 cans of tuna and 1.5 gal of water a day for 2 weeks ( nothing else ) and see what happens. My energy levels were in the toilet, if not for ephedra I would have had no energy to lift. I knew at the start I was going to lose muscle,(but didn't have much anyway) but my plan was to start from scratch. And going from 158 lbs 9% BF to 169 lbs 10% BF in about 12 months was a pretty decent muscle gain with no chemical assistance.
    Last edited by tyevho; 05-31-2003 at 10:16 PM.

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Wow.....I'm impressed and a little jelous! Congrats........however some before photos would probably blow us away!

Will do some digging around for some old pics, Wal-mart lost my f..... film in Mar of 02. Pissed me off for it also had my daughters wedding reception on it. And back then I rarely ever took my shirt off in public ( even when I went swimming ) was very embarassed about my physical appearance as you might guess. Would never recomend that type of diet to anyone, after the first couple of weeks I was getting hot flashes and very dizzy while lifting. About 1 month into my diet I was warned by some of the personal trainers at the gym, that I was losing weight way to fast and it was not healthy, but I assured them I knew what I was doing, for something else was happening also in this time frame, I could look down and see Mr. Happy, I had'nt been able to do that in about 14 yrs!!!! This is by far the best thing I could have ever done for myself ( except getting divorced 1 yr prior to Feb 02 ) I sent her an e-mail with those pics, the only response I got was "WOW"

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Your legs look great..please tell us what you do for them and what kind of strength they have?

Legs are not that powerful I can only squat 450 lbs 3x, and leg press 710 lbs 5x. I alternate between leg press and squats for mass every other workout, also leg extensions, ham curls. 5 sets for each exercise, with a 20 rep burn at the end of each one. If anyone is really interested, PM me for more detail, But thanks for the compliments

TheJuicer is offline Member

WOW

Well I think that 450 for 3 reps is great! Come on..dont be so modest!

simplyjakked is offline Member
    i can leg press more but cant touch your squat. you are impressing the hell outta me. most freaks in the gym (even the juicers) cant squat that much, plus your only a buck seventy

I will admitt that in the short 15 months of lifting my legs have grown the most, Arms went from 14 1/2 "to 16 1/2", Chest 40" to 44", but legs went from 19" to 25", must be a genetic thing. Good gains for being natural. I can only imagine what would happen with a little chemical assistance!! Have been pondering that subject alot lately!!!

Wow bro! you are lookin' good! I'm impressed.

As for using gear, well... nobody can say you're too young, and by the looks of you I can say you certainly earned the right to do so. To make those kinds of gains naturally, it's obvious that you have your diet, discipline and training routine down to a fine art.

I'd actually be quite curious what kinds of gains you'd make off a 10wk test/EQ cycle.

One thing is for sure, you've come to the right place to research and find out all you can on gear so you can make an informed decision.

Take care

Red

Special "K" is offline New Member
    No shit, the cottage-cheese-and-tuna diet works. I had to do it for cholesterol reasons, but I started to cut at the same time and body fat FLEW off me with no cardio. I also maintained size...it does get old, but it works! 2 servings of fat free cottage cheese with 3.5 servings of chunk light in water at noon and again at 3 pm, I wasn't even hungry.

Excellent work! Wheels are looking great.

Thread Information