Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    neubin is offline Junior Member

Please help a fat man :) -Cause im a work in progress

Hey everyone, im 6'1, 26 years old and 250 pounds, I used to work out a fair amount but havent touched the weights in a year...I am starting out from scratch pretty much..

I went to the gym all week and did 30 min of cardio in the morning on an empty and then after work I went back and did about 45 min of weights each day this week to try and get back into the routine...

Here is what my food looks like to start...

5:30am cardio -30 min

6:00am breakfast
    -.5 cup of oatmeal with 1tsp honey
    -half a cup of cottage cheese
    -Cup of Green Tea

10:00
    -Protein Shake 25 G
    -Fat free Yogurt

12:00 -Lunch
    -Can of Tuna
    -2 TSP mayo
    -1 Slice of Whole Grain Bread
    -Couple of sticks of celery

2:00

-Some veggies, cold and sliced, no carrots

4:30 -The gym for 45

5:15-

-Protien Shake with 50 G of Protein 70G of Dextrose
    -Shake also has a banana, handful of mixed frozen fruit
    -Scoop of Peanut Butter
    -2 cups of skimmed milk

7:00 -Dinner

-Salad with Chicken breast

I am drinking lots of water throughout the day.

My workouts are:

1) Cardio 5 mornings a week stairmaster 30 min, medium intensity..enough to get heartrate up

2)Weights

Mon -Chest
    Tues-Back
    Wed -Legs/Calves
    Thurs-Shoulders/Traps
    Fri -Bicep/Tricep

Ok folks, im going to post my before pics here too..im a bit nervous but you guys all seem cool, please give me some advice on diet as you see fit...I would really like to trim up over the next couple of months...

I will keep a log so you guys can see progress...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-front1.jpg  
    Last edited by neubin; 06-25-2003 at 08:35 PM.

another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-side.jpg  

another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-back.jpg  

sorry they are so crappy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-quad.jpg  

last pic...ok what should I be doing here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-calf.jpg  

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    Diet looks good to me to start. Legs look like they have good potential. I would up my workouts to atleast 1hr 15min. What are you doing for Sat/Sun? I didn't see an ab workout in there? Are you planning on using any sups to help the slim down process?

Hey, I am doing abs twice a week right now as they are so out of shape but as they improve ill see what works best...I dont know what works best for me, volume or weight on abs...

As for Sat and Sun, nothing right now just rest, I may add some out of the gym excercise but im not sure yet....what do you guys think? I want to be able to keep this managable and not burn out...

You think I should spend more time lifting? Im not sure I am doing 4 or 5 excercises with 3-4 sets each...dont want to over train either....so many factors..what do I need to do to keep losing weight, and add/keep some muscle ...I hate when dieting how if you go at it too hard you have no energy, I dont want that this time...So far so good...

Oh ya supps, nope, eca does nothing for me, I used to use it a couple of years ago and the negatives out weighed the positives..they helped for a couple of weeks and the energy was nice but besides that they didnt help me lose a lot of pounds...I do like drinking green tea, it gives me a bit of energy...

simplyjakked is offline Member
    i would tend to disagree with xtremesport on the lenght of time in the gym. doesnt much matter as long as you thrash the bodypart(s) you are training. cardio looks solid as well as diet. just dont get stuck in the same routine for cardio your body will get used to the same shit all the time. remember effort=results.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: Please help a fat man :)

Originally posted by neubin
    Hey everyone, im 6'1, 26 years old and 250 pounds, I used to work out a fair amount but havent touched the weights in a year...I am starting out from scratch pretty much..

I went to the gym all week and did 30 min of cardio in the morning on an empty and then after work I went back and did about 45 min of weights each day this week to try and get back into the routine...

Here is what my food looks like to start...
    JUST LOOK AT THE CAPS BRO, NOT YELLING AT YA. IT IS JUST EASIER FOR ME TO DO IT THIS WAY.

-.5 cup of oatmeal with 1tsp honeyDUMP THE ONEY AND IF YOU NEED A ADDITIVE TO THIS GET SUGAR FREE MAPLE SYRUP OR EVEN SUGAR FREE ICE CREAM TOPPINGS.
    -half a cup of cottage cheese YOU NEED MORE PROTEIN IN HERE THAT UST THIS COTTAGE CHEESE!
    -Cup of Green Tea

-Protein Shake 25 G FOR A GUY YOU SIZE, AT THE VERY LEAST GO TO 35 GRAMS OF PROTEIN
    -Fat free Yogurt DUMP THE YOGURT BRO AND OPT FOR THE PROTEIN SHAKE WITH SOME FLAX OIL

-Can of Tuna
    -2 TSP mayo
    -1 Slice of Whole Grain Bread DUMP THE BREAD BUT GLAD TO SEE YOUR AT LEAST EATING WHOLE GRAINS

-Some veggies, cold and sliced, no carrots GET A PROTEIN SHAKE IN HERE OR A SMALL MEAL. NOT JUST THE VEGGIS, THERE A GOOD ADDITION BUT NOT A MEAL!!

-Scoop of Peanut Butter DUMP THE PB, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SLOW DOWN THE DIGESTION OF YOUR SHAKE?? IF THIS IS PWO1 I WOULD WANT TO BE SHUTTLING CARBS,PROTEIN, BCAA'S INTO THE MUSCLES FOR RECOVERY
    -2 cups of skimmed milk JUST USE WATER. YOUR TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT SO GET RIDE OF MILK SINCE IT IS SUGAR ANYWAYS

-Salad with Chicken breast
    THIS MEAL SHOULD SOMEWHAT RESEMBLE WHAT YOU TOOK IN DURING PWO1. CHICKEN BREAST IS GOOD AND THE SALAD IS A NICE ADDITION BUT WHERE ARE YOUR CARBS ?? YOU NEED A COMPLEX CARB TO REFULE THOSE MUSCLES

GOOD LUCK!!::
    My workouts are:

1) Cardio 5 mornings a week stairmaster 30 min, medium intensity..enough to get heartrate up

2)Weights

Mon -Chest
    Tues-Back
    Wed -Legs/Calves
    Thurs-Shoulders/Traps
    Fri -Bicep/Tricep

Ok folks, im going to post my before pics here too..im a bit nervous but you guys all seem cool, please give me some advice on diet as you see fit...I would really like to trim up over the next couple of months...

I will keep a log so you guys can see progress...
    abstrack@protonmail.com

If im good with the diet and excercise how many pounds do you think I need to drop before I dont look like a fatty anymore?

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    that would depend on a lot of what you have underneath.. if it's a muscular physique hiding under that coat of fat, i'd say about 20-25lbs... if it's just a skinny, frail frame, i'd say 50...

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    I guess I was thinking of how I work out and how long when I said up the workout time. I go to the gym walk 15min, forearms 10min then 45-1hr workout. then another 20-30 of cardio alternating abs and forearms every other day. I'd say 20lbs would do you right but remember as you burn fat and add muscle weight changes might be diffrent so definately check body fat %.

I have a bodyfat scale will that work ok for a general idea? I know the calipers are better, I just dont think i have access to anyone who has them or knows how to use them properly...

Cheers...20 pounds is the goal.

Abstrack, I am going to take your advice, I will drop the PB from my shakes and add some more protein throughout the day..breakfast and afternoon snack...

Question, what is a good complex carb to have with dinner that wont make me run to the cupboard two hours later and raid it?

Thanks,

platinum is offline Associate Member
    I have a bodyfat scale will that work ok for a general idea? I know the calipers are better, I just dont think i have access to anyone who has them or knows how to use them properly...

Cheers...20 pounds is the goal.

Hey bro, you definitely have some thickness to you under the fat. Gonna look great cut up...

Anyway, I've got one of those bodyfat scales...I hate it. In ONE day a couple months ago it read 18% in the morning and 14% in the evening. HUGE difference. I've actually seen it reed a difference of 2% w/in minutes of readings. You should be able to pick up a pair of $3 calipers somewhere. Not the best, but they will give you and idea.

Complex carb for dinner....I just eat oatmeal or a sweet potatoe (plain) if I'm eating a carb for dinner, which I'm usually not

Platinum

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Abstrack, I am going to take your advice, I will drop the PB from my shakes and add some more <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> throughout the day..breakfast and afternoon snack...

Question, what is a good complex carb to have with dinner that wont make me run to the cupboard two hours later and raid it?

Thanks,
    pots. yams, pastas ( wheat), brown rice etc... but keep the red meats with your pots and not the rice. eat chick and rice or turkey and rice.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Hey guys, just thought I would update this thread, Its only been a week but I want to keep this up so I can eventually show the progress im making...

After my inital post I got lots of feedback, mostly to do with my diet. I have reworked it and added most of the suggestions such as losing the Peanut Butter, Bread, and Milk..I have also added Flax seed to the diet.

I am feeling a bit better this week but nothing too exciting yet..I think I have lost a couple of pounds as what always happen when you take out the junk from your diet and clean it up...

The gym is starting to feel like home again..I had been gone for so long that I just didnt want to go back..I hate that feeling of looking at all those plates and knowing you used to be able to lift them, and now you cant....

Speaking of lifting..I over did it a bit on the shoulders last week and for about 2 days couldnt even lift a glass of water...lol...I felt like such a tool....Oh well, all is good again and my two weight workouts this week have been good...I decided to focus on core excerices to get my strength back to normal -bench, squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, barbell curls, and close grip bench for my tri's. Its amazing what one full week of cardio, diet, and working out will do though...My energy has already seen a bit of improvment and my muscles are starting to feel a bit better...

I have not spent enough time on my abs though...I hate training them, I will train everything else but my abs, just suck..with all that fat im just not motivated...Oh well, the goal is to step it up a notch on these as they need some work.

Anyways, thought I would say hi and I will share more pics in a couple of weeks...I need a bit of time to actually have some differences to show you....

Cheers

stillsmall is offline Junior Member

Thanks,

there's quite a few choices, but to me what is needed here is definitely discipline and self-control.. Your conscience should be the driving force behind stopping you from raiding the damn fridge, not what you had for dinner..

Your right its all about balance and not running to the fridge to raid it...I agree..I am trying to get a nice balance where I work hard all week and reward myself with a treat and a meal of my choice during the weekend....This way I can stay sain and feel like im not killing myself...

Here is my new revised food list after some helpful suggestions from you guys:

-.5 cup of oatmeal with 1tsp honey
    -25 g protein shake in water with 1 tsb flax seed oil
    -Cup of Green Tea

-Protein Shake 25 G

-Can of Tuna
    -2 TSP mayo

-Some veggies, cold and sliced, no carrots
    -25G protien Shake

-Mixed in water
    -1 Tsb Flax Seed

-Half a Yam, Salad and a Chicken breast

Better folks?

Oh shoot, for breakfast, I took the honey out as well...I added sugar free maple syrup for some flavour.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    Looks like you're getting there. Good luck bro!

Hey guys, update time...

I have been working out again for two full weeks ....5 or 6 days a week cardio each day and 5 days a week weights..broken up as I planned cardio in the am and weights in the afternoon.

I started my quest at 250 pounds, my weight is now about 242-244..depending on the day..Im not worried about my weight just how im doin...I feel better, and the second week was much better than the first in terms of soreness and strength..

The main goal here is to cut up as much as I can and then do a nice quality run of gear in the fall...

I will put some pictures online next weekend and we can see how I look after three weeks...So far so good I think....

Cheers

Hey everyone, update

I took the pics and can see I dont look much different but I feel a whole lot better already...I have been at it for about 2.5 weeks, have dropped about 8-10 pounds so far, I can see from my pics, im still fat as hell, so this is going to take me a while to drop the BF I need too...oh well, the quest continues...Just a bit of history about me..I havent done AS before, and that was my main interest in chopping my BF, I want to get my BF levels low enough so I can do a nice run...I got it all planned out, just gotta lose the pounds here first..I want muscle, I dont want to look like a butter ball...

Cheers, cut me up when ready
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-front.jpg  

another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-quad.jpg  

here is another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-back1.jpg  

yet another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-back.jpg  

last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-calf.jpg  

So what do you think? Will I ever get my BF low enough to look less like a fatty and more like a in shape buff guy?

I have followed the diet to a "T" since I started (Except for last Sunday, had a cheat meal)

and have not missed a workout (cardio or weights)

Any tips for me...?

Thanks

oh ya forgot the all important side shot...
    its not pretty..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-side.jpg  

Iron_body03 is offline New Member
    keep it up neubin

redrock is offline Member
    I have been in your situation. The key to keeping bodyfat off for good is losing it slowly. At my peak I was 260lbs. and went to 185lbs. in a matter of 7 months. I lost too much muscle. I think you have to be patient with bodyfat loss. You don't look that bad and you have a lot of muscle already. Keep at it and hit the cardio hard. REDROCK

Thanks Red, I have been at it for June 9, so almost a month now. I have lost some weight but my muscles are starting to feel much better, and my strength has shot up a lot over the first month.

My goal is to keep at it and burn off the fat nice and slow...I have lost weight much quicker in the past but am unable to keep it off and I lost way too much muscle.

So I hear exactly what you are saying. I will keep everyone updated over the next couple of months. My goal was too drop some bodyfat then hit up a nice AS cycle.

I did my research and have obtained what i was looking for:

11 weeks of test e 500mg per week
    7-11 Winny 50mg ed
    Anti E's everyday, Nolva on hand, Chlomid post cycle
    Clen as soon as cycle is over and I got Proscar for my hair during cycle...I also picked up some OC's such has cranberry extract, Milk Thistle, Vitamins and extra protein...

Cycle cost me enough $$ but the best deal I got was on proscar..got it Dr. perscribed for $13 CDN bucks for 30 5 mg capsules with 3 refills...

Anyway cheers

Quote Originally Posted by redrock
    I have been in your situation. The key to keeping bodyfat off for good is losing it slowly. At my peak I was 260lbs. and went to 185lbs. in a matter of 7 months. I lost too much muscle. I think you have to be patient with bodyfat loss. You don't look that bad and you have a lot of muscle already. Keep at it and hit the cardio hard. REDROCK

Congrats bro.
    After another 15 lbs you will be looking good. Calves are looking great already... keep at it.
    Once again congrats, good luck.

HP

Ok I felt motivated to take some one month pics today...can anyone see any thing different from 1st day to now? I think I can but im not sure.....All I know is it feels great to hear the sound of plates and steel again...

lol

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Huge Presser
    Congrats bro.
    After another 15 lbs you will be looking good. Calves are looking great already... keep at it.
    Once again congrats, good luck.

HP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-back1.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-back.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-front1.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-front.jpg  

and a couple of more...

Quote Originally Posted by neubin
    Ok I felt motivated to take some one month pics today...can anyone see any thing different from 1st day to now? I think I can but im not sure.....All I know is it feels great to hear the sound of plates and steel again...

lol

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-quads.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-side1.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-side.jpg  

There's a difference. In the legs and chest. Hit that stomach hard. Keep at those legs, looking good.

Peace, good luck.

HP

Hi Guys I have been on plan since June 9/2003...I think im seeing progress but am not too sure...I feel much better, my strength is just about back to normal but im still too damn fat...oh well, im still working at that..anyone want to guess what my bodyfat is? Also can somebody tell me how to get my picture into this message instead of an attachment..im a tard...

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help a fat man :)-front1.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-front2.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-front.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-side1.jpg   Please help a fat man :)-side.jpg  

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neubin
    Oh ya supps, nope, eca does nothing for me, I used to use it a couple of years ago and the negatives out weighed the positives..they helped for a couple of weeks and the energy was nice but besides that they didnt help me lose a lot of pounds...I do like drinking green tea, it gives me a bit of energy...
    That's odd, bro. ECA worked great for me back in 96'. I managed to lose 60 pounds (20 pounds of bodyfat) and got chizzled. When were you using it?

Incidently, good job. Keep up the good work, bro.
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 07-29-2003 at 12:43 PM.

I was on ECA about 5 years ago and it worked great...But I started to rely on it too much for energy and over time it just stopped working for me...

It doesnt even effect me anymore when I take it...I actually was going to try it again, and in Canada I cant find the stuff anymore...The government made companies cut back pill dosage to 8g but now most have taken it off the shelf in fear of a ban or lawsuit, so im going it natural for now..so far so good...

I am offically 23% bf as of last week, and need to lose 30 pounds to get to the 10% mark... That will bring me in about 220 ...as im 250 now...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    That's odd, bro. ECA worked great for me back in 96'. I managed to lose 60 pounds (20 pounds of bodyfat) and got chizzled. When were you using it?

Incidently, good job. Keep up the good work, bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information