jwj
    jwj is offline New Member

Before pics, just starting

Here's some pics of me now. I used to workout a few years ago but i had back surgery and i got unmotivated so i stopped. Now I'm wanting to get back to it. I'm tired of looking like crap. I'm gonna try and lose this fat,gain some muscle and cut up. I'm so out of shape now it's not even funny. I will try and post new pics every few weeks or so. Does anybody have any advise to give. Right now I'm on a 3 day split doing cardio 6days a week and twice a day once in morning and afternoon. I also work on abs 6 days a week. I am on a high prot, low fat diet,Lots of fish and fruit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before pics, just starting-mvc-002s.jpg  
    Last edited by jwj; 06-16-2003 at 09:00 AM.

jwj
    back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before pics, just starting-mvc-003s.jpg  

jwj
    wheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before pics, just starting-mvc-004s.jpg  

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's great your getting back into fitness.

Don't do all that cardio! You will lose muscle that you have and will not be able to gain any muscle. You will need the muscle to help with losing the fat. Do 4 days of cardio at 30 to 45 min and hit the weights. Also try to eat 6 meals a day.

Good luck!

jwj
    Thanks mudman, i'll do that. I have read that if you were once built that it is easier to get that way again. Is this true?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by jwj
    Thanks mudman, i'll do that. I have read that if you were once built that it is easier to get that way again. Is this true?
    Yep.... It's called muscle memory. No problem... hopefully more bro's here will be able to give you more pointers.... a lot of the guys here are full of knowledge and are willing to help.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    what level of intensity is your cardio? also 3 days a week of abs should be sufficient for now remember they are a muscle too and should be worked as such Also adding ALA and CLA to your supplement regime might be a good idea as well.

jwj
    thanks saint you answered my next question. What supps to take? right now my cardio is running 30 min and 20 min of jumprope 4 days a week

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    jumprope is always good cardio... what about an ECA product like stacker 2 or something along those lines?

jwj
    thanks saint i got some stacker 2 today, anybody have any advise on what would be my best diet to try and lose this fat but not lose the nutrients i need for muscle? Any help would be appreciated.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    high protien, and moderate carbs and healthy fats

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Personally i think that if you used to work out your muscle memory will kick in real quick. So if i were you i would go with a diet split of 50/40/10 (protien, carb, fat ratio) with around 2000 cals just to keep the muscle you have and to build some new muscle. Then as far as the cardio goes i would try doing a 10 min warmup to get your heartrate up to burn fat then hit the weights for an hour then save your more intense ie. "running" cardio for after your workout. If possible you could split your cardio session to the AM and lift weight in the PM. Just my advice.... Im sure some of these other guys can expand on what i said a little more

jwj
    thanks for the advice cold stone. It's nice to see that people are willing to take time to give advice. This is the best site with the best people.
    As for an update to my workout, already lost some fat around the waist, weight is up 5 pounds. I got thrown a loop yesterday though, I had surgery on my mouth, Doc says I can't workout for a week I will have to pick it back up next thursday.
    Last edited by jwj; 06-21-2003 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information