Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    KingOfPop is offline New Member

I'm extremely curious...

I know this may sound lame but I've actually been thinking about your situation for a few days...don't ask me why cause i really don't know.

Here's the deal...there are a few things that people haven't asked you and/or you haven't talked about. It seems that you're pyramiding with your lifts...now...is this what you have been doing since day one up until now? Cause if so STOP! I'm sure you know that your body adapts well to just about anything...including excercise. Switch up your routines...i don't give a goddamn crap what some moron says about what routine works best. If you don't switch up your workouts you're doing nothing for your body.

Have you ever thought about taking a week or two off from lifting...I know this is unheard of to some people but it's great for your joints and your muscles. It gives them time to really heal...catch up. When you come back I promise you'll be stronger.

As for the weight gainer...that crap is mainly for individuals who are ectomorphs...for everyone else it's useless. There's nothing but sugar in there anyway...might as well go eat a candybar. You can get plenty of cals from REAL food.

As for the statement of only gaining 5 pounds a year if you're not using AS??? That's just not true...I've gained 45 in less than a year. Of course before that i hadn't been eating and was extremely depressed but that's not the point.

Along with a good diet...if you really feel like you need that "edge" or whatever, just take glutamine, creatine and protein. That's it...until you're ready for AS again touch nothing else!

I think you're biggest problem is over-training...make sure you rest!!!!!

By the way...HIT training is about doing pretty much one heavy set for each lift...that is hardly what you are doing. Metzer talked about how doing more than one set was just pointless and actually might be harmful to the muscle cells.

Anyway, that's enough out of me...hopefully things work out for you.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member

Re: I'm extremely curious...

Originally posted by KingOfPop
    It seems that you're pyramiding with your lifts...now...is this what you have been doing since day one up until now? Cause if so STOP! I'm sure you know that your body adapts well to just about anything...including excercise. Switch up your routines...i don't give a goddamn crap what some moron says about what routine works best. If you don't switch up your workouts you're doing nothing for your body.

Have you ever thought about taking a week or two off from lifting...I know this is unheard of to some people but it's great for your joints and your muscles. It gives them time to really heal...catch up. When you come back I promise you'll be stronger.

As for the weight gainer...that crap is mainly for individuals who are ectomorphs...for everyone else it's useless. There's nothing but sugar in there anyway...might as well go eat a candybar. You can get plenty of cals from REAL food.

As for the statement of only gaining 5 pounds a year if you're not using AS??? That's just not true...I've gained 45 in less than a year. Of course before that i hadn't been eating and was extremely depressed but that's not the point.

Along with a good diet...if you really feel like you need that "edge" or whatever, just take glutamine, creatine and protein. That's it...until you're ready for AS again touch nothing else!

I think you're biggest problem is over-training...make sure you rest!!!!!

By the way...HIT training is about doing pretty much one heavy set for each lift...that is hardly what you are doing. Metzer talked about how doing more than one set was just pointless and actually might be harmful to the muscle cells.
    Good call

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Whoa, what a thread!

I usually don't check out the pics board too often (sorry, guys, but you just don't do anything for me), but this is definitely becoming a high quality thread.

Toenail, welcome to the board, bro. You've truly got balls - we see very few pics with faces in them. So I'll take a moment and add my two cents . . .

First, don't stop the anti-depressants. You obviously need them, and you have considered both your clinical picture and the ramifications of stopping them. If there were any one suggestion I could give you in terms of overcoming the anxiety, it would be to start feeling better about yourself now - attitude means a lot. And I hate to disappoint you - you are not the fat troll that you appear to think you are.

Second, you seem to have avoided cardio, but cardio is the best thing to do at this point in terms of reversing your lean muscle mass-to-body fat ratio. Of course it will take off come pounds, but that's what you need to do if you want to get definition. In other words, you won't be able to bulk up until you have bulked down. But not running - the reason you felt dizzy the first time you tried it could be due to the medication, your diet, and the fact that you're out of shape when it comes to cardio. My recommendation: Use an "eliptical cross-trainer" like the Precor - less impact on your joints, you can adjust angle and resistance, and you can go at your own speed.

Third, my recommendation would be to cut the supplements, period. Most supplements are anecdotal in nature - if you believe they're going to do something, they may do something. But they are not supported by the same degree of clinical research that goes into the rest of medicine.

Fourth, cut calories and go on a balanced diet. Claiming that a tricyclic anti-depressant is making you keep weight on is a cop-out - you're simply eating too much of the wrong things. Get thinner, then you can pay more attention to putting on pounds of muscle rather than fat by coordinating your eating habits with your training.

Fifth, and before any of the above, see a doctor. I assume that your current meds have been prescribed by a psychiatrist, and he or she is not geared toward seeing the "big picture." See either a general practitioner or (since you asked what specialty focuses on these areas) an endocrinologist. And have labwork done to rule out any diabete (or other endocrine disorders)s, especially if you have a history of it in your family.

In the meantime, begin to feel good about yourself now. Hell, most wives would give your right nut to have a husband who can last for an hour.

GLASSVOICE is offline Junior Member
    LOOSE WEIGHT!!!!

You have muscles underneath!!! Do not be afraid! One thing is to be skinny and another to be slender and well defined. I see your back looks good! And once you do what TNT says youll be better. I also think that taking off one or two weeks would not be a bad idea. Surprise your muscles and shock them with a different lifting strategy! CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO!!!! Start slowly at the begining an increase little by little. This transformation won't happen in a week. But a couple of months should make a BIG diference. For heaven saske, STOP the weight gainers (those are for people like me!!!) Do a 2,500 calorie diet. That should be enough for two months to get you where you want to be. You will be surprised of what lies beneath your fat layer. You have been lifting for 2 years. Don't you thing it should be nice underneath the fat? And like someone said before, you are not that fat. You were skiny before and you've got out of it but also got out of control with all that Deca and D-bol!!! STOP all that and now, concentrate in chiseling, sculpting your body. The mountain is there already!!!! Time to sculpt boy! Give your wife a break!!! I see that Iron game ask you to PM him. Do it. He also knows a lot and he is very nice. By the way, I read the whole thread and I can relate a lot cause I want to gain a lot of weight but I would never let myself go that much. There is a line between bulking and overweight. There is where you are going if you don't stop what you were doing and listen to the advise the people in this board has given you! It is all good advise. Keep your medications.Don't phuck with that.

I am really looking forward to hear from your progress! Good luck!

Glassvoice

Mike Guest
    wow....genuine and john and everyone else involved GOOD thread!!! Very constructive - you guys did a GREAT job!!!

Thumbs up

THANKS FOR ALL THE HUMOUNGOUSE AMOUNT OF ADVICE GUYS, BUT PLEASE READ THIS POST AND GIVE YOUR HONEST OPINIONS REGARDING THIS THREAD. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Those are the basic. Now you got the diet, get yourself straight to what you want.

I'm a little confiused. Are you trying to bulk up or cut. Because on beginning you wanted to loose the BF, but now you are talking about bulking up???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of those confusing questions

I would rather be much bigger and cut at the same time, but I still don't feel I have enough mass to cut. What do you think looking at my pictures. Do you think I should bulk up a bit more, because I'm worried that if I cut up, I will end up looking puny like those models. Ideally I want both size and cuts.

I wanna look big in clothes. I don't wanna have to take my shirt off just to show cuts and no mass. Do you get what I mean?

What do you suggest I do?

Originally posted by Toenail Juice Z

I wanna look big in clothes. I don't wanna have to take my shirt off just to show cuts and no mass. Do you get what I mean?

What do you suggest I do?
    I know what you mean. Bro, the chicks don't go only for mass, the love guys to be defined at least. Trust me. I rater have less mass and be cut, than look bigger and not see my delt separate into 3 different parts. Do you know what I mean. Start cutting down with like 3000 cal perfect diet very low fat so you could still get some extra muscule and get rock hard. If you want to look bigger when you're cut in your clothes then change your designer (makes a big difference) Bro, cut down to like 11%BF and then bulk up. It takes time, nothing comes quick. If you really get yourself to it, within a year you could look the way you want. It's all up to you. How much you put into it, that's how much you will get back.

korsow is offline Associate Member
    This is a good post. ALLOT Of GOOD INFO ON IT. as far as your personal trainer is concerned. FIRE HIS ASS!! I started out 2 years ago @ the Gym.. ONLY did Heavy Weights, Etc. didnt do any cycleds but lifted ALLOT. Didnt loose, Didnt gain, I WAS FAT @ 280+ lbs... About 9 months ago, I started hitting the GYM with a BETTER perspective, HIT IT HARD, but hit is SMART. I desided to do CARDIO!. and GOLLY< gues what, I lost 50 lbs so far, of pure FAT, gained allot of muscle and strength. Ive been on a Dbol Only cycle for a while, and am planing my first Injection Cycle this month. CARDIO HELPS WITH INDURANCE!!!. Especialy if yer on gear, U NEED TO BE NICE TO YER BODY!, YOU NEED to excersise by doing some aggressive Aerobic excersizes, such as RUNNING ( RUNNING IS PROBABLY THE BEST THING TO DO) or yu could do what i do, use those LOW impact running machine things they got in the gyms. I dont know what kind of weight gaining stuff yer taking, but i recomend u DONT take that sh$t. take Protein, thats all u need really. As far as depression is concerned, talk to yer doc, see if he can preescribe any other medication, there are quite a few new ones out there. I have a friend who is on Paxil for Social Anxiety Disorder, seems to be helping him allot. Cardio has been proven to help people's moods, and HEY< thats where all the hoties are!!!. LOL. Anywasy bro, I hope i added some additional info thats helpfull for you.. PEACE< KORSOW

Originally posted by korsow
    This is a good post. ALLOT Of GOOD INFO ON IT. as far as your personal trainer is concerned. FIRE HIS ASS!! I started out 2 years ago @ the Gym.. ONLY did Heavy Weights, Etc. didnt do any cycleds but lifted ALLOT. Didnt loose, Didnt gain, I WAS FAT @ 280+ lbs... About 9 months ago, I started hitting the GYM with a BETTER perspective, HIT IT HARD, but hit is SMART. I desided to do CARDIO!. and GOLLY< gues what, I lost 50 lbs so far, of pure FAT, gained allot of muscle and strength. Ive been on a Dbol Only cycle for a while, and am planing my first Injection Cycle this month. CARDIO HELPS WITH INDURANCE!!!. Especialy if yer on gear, U NEED TO BE NICE TO YER BODY!, YOU NEED to excersise by doing some aggressive Aerobic excersizes, such as RUNNING ( RUNNING IS PROBABLY THE BEST THING TO DO) or yu could do what i do, use those LOW impact running machine things they got in the gyms. I dont know what kind of weight gaining stuff yer taking, but i recomend u DONT take that sh$t. take Protein, thats all u need really. As far as depression is concerned, talk to yer doc, see if he can preescribe any other medication, there are quite a few new ones out there. I have a friend who is on Paxil for Social Anxiety Disorder, seems to be helping him allot. Cardio has been proven to help people's moods, and HEY< thats where all the hoties are!!!. LOL. Anywasy bro, I hope i added some additional info thats helpfull for you.. PEACE< KORSOW
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't have a persnal trainer yet, neither do I hava a private nutritionist. I',m getting a loan from the bank and 2 jobs to start all this. Cheers Bro

Question. What the hell do you need the loan for??? I know is not supplements.

Just go, do you diet and workout. Just playing with you. this sentence was made to be funny, but that what I really have to say. Go make yourself look the way you want. Please don't do juice right now, you don't need it.

The "Rock", Kinda looks like him.....Oh, sorry guys we're wrong. It's not him. No scars under his nips from the gyno surgery.

Sorry, I joined this post late. All joking aside. Great post info guys.
    Last edited by THE BIG RED MACHINE; 12-15-2001 at 03:00 AM.

Lightbulb

I thought Ide post a picture of myself 2 years ago before I started training. (While I was in the army)

WOW man, you're skinny. You defenitelly did something wrong in training since then. Now, go do your homework. JK bud

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    GO back to basics leave the juice and do your reseach you are not helping your self by banging your head against a brick wall.
    CHILLOUT BRO>>>AND GOOD LUCK

THOSE PIX ARENT FOR REAL.....ARE THEY

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANNA PIX THEIR FACE OUT IN THE OPEN FOR ANYONE IN THE LAW ENFORCEMENT FIELD TO FIND..???

Re: THOSE PIX ARENT FOR REAL.....ARE THEY

Originally posted by MR PHATT ASS
    WHY WOULD ANYONE WANNA PIX THEIR FACE OUT IN THE OPEN FOR ANYONE IN THE LAW ENFORCEMENT FIELD TO FIND..???
    Of course the pics are for real. I don't live in the states where they are too "overprotective" and treat steroids like heroin

I challenge an American Law Enforcement geezer to find me.

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

THAT WAS GOOD. PURE CONFIDENCE. THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT. Keep your attitude like that and you will get far in anything.

(Just don't challange US Law, becasue when they get bored and have nothing to do then they might try to find you just to waste our money. LOL damn bastards

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    Here is a diet that I just made up. Try it. try it hard.

Meal 1
    2 cups Oats
    1 cup Skim Milk
    Protein Shake

Meal 2
    2 Tuna Sandwiches (Rye Bread)
    2 non-fat yogurts

Meal 3
    10 Oz Chicken
    Cup Cottage Cheese (Fat Free)
    2 Sweet Potatoes

Meal 4
    Protein shake
    Fruits (real)

Meal5
    10oz steak or chicken
    Veggies (salad w/ fat free dressing)
    1 cup Skim Milk
    Pasta (not to much)

Meal 6
    1 Cup Cottage Cheese or Oats
    Protein shake

About this diet, roughly how many calories and gramms of protein does it contain?

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Toenail how has your progress been?

Looking forward to hearing from you about it.

Hey it's been almost 2 months.
    How is your progress going.

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    Man, I hope that I'm not too late with this but I just had the chance to read it all. There have been a lot of valid points made in this thread and I will try not to dwell on those too much but just touch those points. Leave the juice alone. You started wayyy to early in your BB career. But thats old news.

Get rid of all the extra calories. I don't care how big you want to be or how small you don't want to be you need to loose the fat buddy. You can't do that by eating sugary ass weight gainer, as this has already been stated.

Focus on the main movements of lifting for a while. I don't know were you strength level started but some where with those 4 cycles something went wrong. The main lifting movements should help u pull things back together.

Stick with the 12 reps per set. You say you can do more but whats the point. That isn't working for your muscles. Start of low weight high rep until you can handle the weight properly.

With that and the diet prescribed hopefully you'll see results. You have gotten a lot bigger since you started but not all the right way.

Originally posted by The Emperor
    Man, I hope that I'm not too late with this but I just had the chance to read it all. There have been a lot of valid points made in this thread and I will try not to dwell on those too much but just touch those points. Leave the juice alone. You started wayyy to early in your BB career. But thats old news.

Get rid of all the extra calories. I don't care how big you want to be or how small you don't want to be you need to loose the fat buddy. You can't do that by eating sugary ass weight gainer, as this has already been stated.

Focus on the main movements of lifting for a while. I don't know were you strength level started but some where with those 4 cycles something went wrong. The main lifting movements should help u pull things back together.

Stick with the 12 reps per set. You say you can do more but whats the point. That isn't working for your muscles. Start of low weight high rep until you can handle the weight properly.

With that and the diet prescribed hopefully you'll see results. You have gotten a lot bigger since you started but not all the right way.
    I hope that he accomplished all this by now.

GENUINE PL. I MADE IT

I forgot to keep you lot updated, but I dieted and followed the advice.............BUT. Now I'm skinny.

Check this post out
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...980#post188980
    BTW, I never did that cycle. I realized it would have been a mistake.

Genuine PL. It's now August 12th 2002. As soon as I have a picture scanned i'll post it.

I owe you a lot. You can visit my site soon, when it's up and running in a few weeks and ile give you a free membership.

Anyway, I posted a thread today which shows my current stats.
    www.anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29769
    Last edited by Pete235; 08-14-2002 at 05:48 AM.

ink
    ink is offline New Member
    start sum cardio man. try fifteen minutes daily, everymorning on an empty stomach, then add 5mins everyweek. if this proves 2 daunting which it does 4 most. me included, do it in the evening till u reach 30 to 40 mins. it'l get easier. try taking eca wen u do this, and listen 2 sum up tempo beats and u wont wanna stop. keep ur protein high, carbs medium and ur fat intake low and the fat will melt away. u cud also suggest 2 ur doctor about trying another anti-depressant, like prozac which does not have a side effect of increasin b/f. it might even help ur depression as wot ur on doesn't sound like its workin. if u were able 2 keep the mass u have and get rid of most of ur body fat, i think u'd hav a good muscular physique

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Toenail JuiceZ:

I'm sorry to be the one to throw a reality check here, but I feel its for the best, no matter how much this resembles a "flame."

Firstly, your remark comparing bodybuilders ("huge freaky mass monsters") with your trainer ("lean hard muscular") is a typical stereotype that is in part responsible for bodybuilding's negative connotations. I find it ironic that you would make such analogies despite being a user of AAS.

Secondly, you have demonstrated ignorance with regards to nutrition and training. This is particularly detrimental to you because it is also largely responsible for your mediocre (if that is even so) results with AAS. Your dependance on a trainer, lacking nutritional setup, inability to comprehend the value of calories and different types of sugars, etc, all confirm my belief in the aforementioned.

Finally, I hope you decide to take some time out of your life to sit down and do some serious research with regards to your nutrition and training. It will be a long and arduous task that you will have to intertwine with the rest of your daily activities, but it will be for the best. I see you have decided not to go on with your cycle, that is a good first step. Nextly, you have to prioritize your life in order to create the ideal environment for muscle building, fat burning, and extensive knowledge development.

As always, we here at AR will support and help you in times of need.
    Good luck.

Gene
    Last edited by Gene; 08-12-2002 at 04:42 PM.

Originally posted by Gene
    Toenail JuiceZ:

I'm sorry to be the one to throw a reality check here, but I feel its for the best, no matter how much this resembles a "flame."

Firstly, your remark comparing bodybuilders ("huge freaky mass monsters") with your trainer ("lean hard muscular") is a typical stereotype that is in part responsible for bodybuilding's negative connotations. I find it ironic that you would make such analogies despite being a user of AAS.

Secondly, you have demonstrated ignorance with regards to nutrition and training. This is particularly detrimental to you because it is also largely responsible for your mediocre (if that is even so) results with AAS. Your dependance on a trainer, lacking nutritional setup, inability to comprehend the value of calories and different types of sugars, etc, all confirm my belief in the aforementioned.

Finally, I hope you decide to take some time out of your life to sit down and do some serious research with regards to your nutrition and training. It will be a long and arduous task that you will have to intertwine with the rest of your daily activities, but it will be for the best. I see you have decided not to go on with your cycle, that is a good first step. Nextly, you have to prioritize your life in order to create the ideal environment for muscle building, fat burning, and extensive knowledge development.

As always, we here at AR will support and help you in times of need.
    Good luck.

Gene
    Just come out and flame me. You don't have to make excuses to flame.

I think there has been a small misunderstanding here. I wasn't comparing bodybuilders to a trainer at my gym, but I was comparing the average heavy roid user who usually opts for the easy way out and aquires the huge fatty look by use of steroids rather than the muscular type with the trainer at my gym. I love the way Coleman, Flex and all the others look, and I admire their dedication and excellent genetics.

With regards to "being nutrition ignorant". I admit, I made mistakes and the main cause of my lack of quality gains was down to pure lazyness, but that does not mean I lack bb nutrition or training knowledge. If you read one of my earlier posts you would have realized that.

The original post pics were quite a while back, and thanks to the sound advice I received from this board, but more to my persistancy and dicipline, I managed to shred to around 156lbs from over 200lbs in two months. Ok, I have to admit admit a lot was water, but I more than halved my bodyfat percentage in these few months on diet & cardio alone. My image no longer resembles that of the first post. (156lbs at 5ft 11" at 10%bf, I know that sounds pathetic, but I can't afford to put on much more weight at the moment due to the weight class I will be entering this september to complete my kung fu and become an instructor. Anyone who goes through the traditional kung fu training regimen knows it's hard to attain enough speed at over 200lbs!

I've been doing research on nutrition since 1994, and I find it amusing when you state I have an "inability to comprehend the value of calories and different types of sugars". If you wouldn't mind, I would like you to challenge me to a debate on anything regarding nutrition so I can contradict your above conclusion.

Don't let my lazyness and lack of dedication back then fool you. I was unfortunately suffering from a common anxiety disorder.
    This "reality check" post was not needed.

However, I respect the fact that you are trying to help, and would like to congratulate you on achieving the amazing body I saw in your avatar. BTW I never hired the personal trainer, and I don't recall any posts which I ever mentioned actually having a personal trainer. It was just an idea to help me get over my lazyness.

On the other hand you could be right all along. Here is my current bodybuilding training and nutricion rules for the time being as I am currently drug free and have been for over a year now.

I always like to simplify things. Perhaps you can give me advice on how to improve it:

Nutrition: I try to eat 300g protein, 4000 calories per day. I eat approx 20-25g/protein from clean wholefoods every three hours to stay in a positive nitrogen balance, while consuming 500 calories over my maintainance level (which is about 3500) in order to progressively gain lean muscle mass. The only time I take in a simple carbohydrate, or "sugars" as you would call them (no flame intended) is no later than half an hour after an intense workout to restore my depleted glycogen stores, so that the protein I consume is not sacrificed for energy. And don't think I feast over a birthday cake. Instead I will use a high simple carb drink to cause the insuline spike needed that so many bodybuilders make the mistake of taking before their workouts thinking it will give them an energy boost.

Here is my daily diet.

Meal 1: 3 cups Oats with skim milk
    Protein shake.

Meal 2: 3 Tuna sandwiches + 2 non fat yoghurts.

Meal 3: 10 Oz Chicken breast (grilled without the skin)
    Cup of fat free cottage cheese/a bowl of oatmeal.
    1 bowl of pasta

Snack 4: Protein Shake + Fruits

Meal 5: 10oz Steak
    Salad with no dressing. (only lemon)
    1 cup of skim milk
    bowl of noodles

Meal 6: 1 Cup of Oats + Protein shake

Now on to Training:
    I have always been a supporter of the saying "If you train properly & with enough intensity and strict form you should not be ABLE to train for over an hour" so I will always go to the gym for a high intensity session of no longer than an hour and get out. I have found over the past 3 years of experimenting that (for me) the Mike Mentzer style is superior to the arnold style of over 25 sets per bodypart. (perhaps not if you are on enourmous amounts of juice!). Furthermore by the Mike Mentzer style I don't mean the one rep bullshit he once advocated.

Since my current goal is that of attaining mass, I will always do most of my sets with free weights, incorporating compound movements to fully stimulate growth while avoiding isolation exercises such as cable extensions. So on a chest day I would always do bench press, on a back day bent over rows & deadlifts....etc..etc.
    I train each bodypart once a week because I really beleive in sufficient rest to induce muscular hypertrophy, due to the fact that the muscle tissue breakdown needs enough recovery. (and anyway you grow when you rest...correct?).
    I train with as heavy a weight as I can handle for 6-8 reps and do 5 sets per bodypart. No cheating, no forced reps, no swinging etc...

My training schedule:
    Mon: chest
    Tue: legs
    Wed: back
    Thurs: Shoulders
    Fri: Arms
    Sat/Sun: Off.
    cardio 2 x a week for 20 minutes.
    (I try to avoid doing chest before or after the day I train delts because the delts are also stimulated with most heavy chest exercises.)

I can go on and on but I think you get the idea. If I am making any serious mistakes please let me know.

For now,
    Peace!
    Last edited by Toenail Juice Z; 08-12-2002 at 09:59 PM.

Razorcuts is offline New Member
    I have no time 2 read the whole thread so maybe somebody already mentioned it, but antidepressants make you fat cause they slow down the metabolism !

crapdog is offline New Member

THIS IS NOT A FLAME!

I, crapdog am the stupidest mother fucker on the planet and if I flame again it will be my last post on anabolicreview.

Gene is offline Associate Member

Just come out and flame me. You don't have to make excuses to flame.

I think there has been a small misunderstanding here. I wasn't comparing bodybuilders to a trainer at my gym, but I was comparing the average heavy roid user who usually opts for the easy way out and aquires the huge fatty look by use

of steroids rather than the muscular type with the trainer at my gym. I love the way Coleman, Flex and all the others look, and I admire their dedication and excellent genetics.
    Allow me to use your original quote: "He's one of the best trainers in the country & he has that muscular lean look, not that discusting roid bellied bloated moon face steroid look." Seems to me you are referring to the gh gut of several IFBB pro's. Coleman was the first guy to pop into my mind; indeed, these people have superhuman physiques and everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how extreme, but on the basis of your quote I was a little disturbed. I may not be of that size, but I am close friends with several who are. The many adjectives you have used to make that remark just made me increasingly tense. No hard feelings.

With regards to "being nutrition ignorant". I admit, I made mistakes and the main cause of my lack of quality gains was down to pure lazyness, but that does not mean I lack bb nutrition or training knowledge. If you read one of my

earlier posts you would have realized that.
    I see that post now, but in another post, you posted your 6 daily meals, approximately 2 of which consisted of weight gainers. From that, I was able to infer your inability to gauge the efficacy of weight gainers and their purpose, as well as an obvious lack of better quality nutritional sources.

The original post pics were quite a while back, and thanks to the sound advice I received from this board, but more to my persistancy and dicipline, I managed to shred to around 156lbs from over 200lbs in two months. Ok, I have to admit admit

a lot was water, but I more than halved my bodyfat percentage in these few months on diet & cardio alone. My image no longer resembles that of the first post. (156lbs at 5ft 11" at 10%bf, I know that sounds pathetic, but I can't afford to

put on much more weight at the moment due to the weight class I will be entering this september to complete my kung fu and become an instructor. Anyone who goes through the traditional kung fu training regimen knows it's hard to attain enough

speed at over 200lbs!
    I'm confused, you've done three mass building cycles, ostensibly while practicing kung fu (I assume that because you are already becoming an instructor, which should take time), yet now you have dropped over 50 pounds and are worried extra

weight might slow you down? It seems as if your priorities have changed, not much more I can gather from that. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

I've been doing research on nutrition since 1994, and I find it amusing when you state I have an "inability to comprehend the value of calories and different types of sugars". If you wouldn't mind, I would like you to challenge me to a

debate on anything regarding nutrition so I can contradict your above conclusion. Don't let my lazyness and lack of dedication back then fool you. I was unfortunately suffering from a common anxiety disorder. This "reality check" post was not needed.
    Once again, my supposition was based on the weight gainer. It's possible I may have misread your thread, its 3 pages long and few people have a reading comprehension ability to be able to recall facts with ease from such voluminous sources, but I apologize for wrongly made assumptions. I did what any human being what do, I took what I could remember, and filled in the gaps with assumptions, I'm more than certain you have done that manifold times in your life, if you doubt that, it can be proved.

I'm sorry for your mental disorder. Think of it this way: if you're a physician and a patient comes into your office with razor cut marks on his wrists, what do you do? Do you treat him for the razor cuts, or do you treat the source of his

problems? Perhaps that person is a suicidal. I'm not alluding to anything, I'm just making an analogy. You came here to ask very basic questions after having done three cycles, that was sufficient for me to question your knowledge base.

However, I respect the fact that you are trying to help, and would like to congratulate you on achieving the amazing body I saw in your avatar. BTW I never hired the personal trainer, and I don't recall any posts which I ever

mentioned actually having a personal trainer. It was just an idea to help me get over my lazyness.
    Thank you for the compliment. Nextly, here was your original quote: "I've decided to fork out some money and hire a personal trainer because I must be doing something wrong!" Furthermore, you've made many references to professional trainers, with whom I have assumed you possibly hold a client-trainer relationship.

Yes, you are correct. I would not have wasted time (nor would I waste it now), if my intentions mean-spirited.

On the other hand you could be right all along. Here is my current bodybuilding training and nutricion rules for the time being as I am currently drug free and have been for over a year now.

I always like to simplify things. Perhaps you can give me advice on how to improve it:

Nutrition: I try to eat 300g protein, 4000 calories per day. I eat approx 20-25g/protein from clean wholefoods every three hours to stay in a positive nitrogen balance, while consuming 500 calories over my maintainance level (which

is about 3500) in order to progressively gain lean muscle mass. The only time I take in a simple carbohydrate, or "sugars" as you would call them (no flame intended) is no later than half an hour after an intense workout to restore my

depleted glycogen stores, so that the protein I consume is not sacrificed for energy. And don't think I feast over a birthday cake. Instead I will use a high simple carb drink to cause the insuline spike needed that so many bodybuilders

make the mistake of taking before their workouts thinking it will give them an energy boost.

Here is my daily diet.

Meal 1: 3 cups Oats with skim milk Protein shake.

Meal 2: 3 Tuna sandwiches + 2 non fat yoghurts.

Meal 3: 10 Oz Chicken breast (grilled without the skin)
    Cup of fat free cottage cheese/a bowl of oatmeal.
    1 bowl of pasta

Snack 4: Protein Shake + Fruits

Meal 5: 10oz Steak
    Salad with no dressing. (only lemon)
    1 cup of skim milk
    bowl of noodles

Meal 6: 1 Cup of Oats + Protein shake
    Right on the money. You have my praise on this one.

Now on to Training:
    I have always been a supporter of the saying "If you train properly & with enough intensity and strict form you should not be ABLE to train for over an hour" so I will always go to the gym for a high intensity session of no longer than an hour

and get out. I have found over the past 3 years of experimenting that (for me) the Mike Mentzer style is superior to the arnold style of over 25 sets per bodypart. (perhaps not if you are on enourmous amounts of juice!). Furthermore

by the Mike Mentzer style I don't mean the one rep bullshit he once advocated.

Since my current goal is that of attaining mass, I will always do most of my sets with free weights, incorporating compound movements to fully stimulate growth while avoiding isolation exercises such as cable extensions. So on a chest day I

would always do bench press, on a back day bent over rows & deadlifts....etc..etc. I train each bodypart once a week because I really beleive in sufficient rest to induce muscular hypertrophy, due to the fact that the muscle tissue breakdown

needs enough recovery. (and anyway you grow when you rest...correct?). I train with as heavy a weight as I can handle for 6-8 reps and do 5 sets per bodypart. No cheating, no forced reps, no swinging etc...
    The best training style is a debatable issue, its best I don't start ranting about it or I will never stop. Cheating, forced reps, swinging -- all techniques that can be beneficial if done properly. If you choose to avoid them, thats also a fair and smart choice to reduce injury risk.

I can go on and on but I think you get the idea. If I am making any serious mistakes please let me know.

For now,
    Peace!
    I can go on and on too But I see your point. Success is a journey, not a destination, so defined as such, if you are making progress, all is well. From what you've posted in this recent post, your training and nutrition seems just fine. I wish you the best of luck with your bodybuilding and kung fu endeavors.

Gene
    Last edited by Gene; 08-14-2002 at 09:19 AM.

I saw a guy that looked like Toenail Juice Z at Universal Studios (in Hollywood) the other day.

Gene, thanks for taking so much time to answer to my last post. Good luck to you too bro.

Originally posted by The French Curler
    I saw a guy that looked like Toenail Juice Z at Universal Studios (in Hollywood) the other day.
    I'm flattered. Who was this guy? An actor?

steelyray is offline New Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    Cheers for the reply, my diet is as follows:

Morning - A bowl of cornflakes and a weight gain drink

Snack1: Tuna fish, milk & some fruit

Afternoon: Whatever food there is. (It's never fattening though)

Snack 2: Tuna fish or a T-Bone steak or a chicken breast

Snack 3: (Post workout): Twinlabs super mass weight gainer

Evening: Tuna Fish and an weight gain drink.

That's it!
    Dude, all of that fish may be contributing to your depression. Try switching to chicken breast somewhere. Get tested for mercury poisoning. Fish pick up a lot of mercury, and it seriously ****s with your head.

alphaman is offline Member
    Dude this thread is four years old. I doubt he'll see your reply. How did you find this?

Jase is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Dude this thread is four years old. I doubt he'll see your reply. How did you find this?
    Cant even exstract the pictures, no wonder!

Godspeed

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Who cares about 4 year old shit?

~SC~

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    bump.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Wheres the pictures?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    lmao how do they find this

thickmass is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    lmao how do they find this
    I think when they are jack'n off to internet porn their fingers slip and up comes a 4yo thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information