Devourer is offline Senior Member

First Try Diet Abs

ive actually started to diet. its been making me feel real flat and skinny but im not all bloated like i was. here are my abs as of yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Try Diet Abs-abrow2.jpg  

ive been doing two different tri sets alternating between the two weekly.
    workout 1
    15 decline crunches
    15 w/ ab wheel
    15 hanging knee raises
    workout 2
    15 crunches
    15 roman chair crunches
    15 rope pulldown crunches
    i do three trisets with no rest inbetween
    then i finish off with my oblique exercise
    15 roman chair side bends (weighted)
    15 dumbell side bends
    15 cable side bends
    ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ON REVAMPING APPRECIATED

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    All i can say is, I guess pumpseeker may have some competition in the near future!

Looks like a good plan of attack, keep us posted

i think that is one of the nicest things ive ever heard. especially since that means ive got 4 years to make it to his point. watchout pumpseeker im doing it!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Haha...I didn't see this thread before. Right on bro, you're abs are coming in nicely. And we do have a similar build I think. Routine looks fine to me. I'll tell you what I do...(my favorite ab routine because I really feel these exercises)...

Upper Abs first: 3 sets of hanging leg raises (legs straight). reps go 20, 15, 10 and I always burn out after failure with 7-10 knee raises until I fail again.

Lower Abs: Next I like to do crunches on the ball. It allows you to get a much better range of motion and contraction for your abs. I do 3 sets of 20, 15, 12...then sit on the floor in pain.

Burn Out and Obliques: I like to finish off with 3 sets of cable crunches and I'll try and get 50 reps with 150 pounds, 30 reps with 175, and 20 with 200. I'll bend to the sides on half of these reps to hit the obliques. This really finishes em off nicely. You feel like you just got off a roller coaster after this, all disoriented and shit.

I only work abs once every 6 days or so and I change routines but this one is my favorite.

thanks for the input pumpseeker. yeah pretty similar build besides for the fact that you're bigger and harder. but thanks for comparing.
    i used to do ball crunches but i switched gyms and there is no ball. but i would definetely say im getting by. i'll have to try the burnout on a day i feel like crying!

alevok Guest
    concentrate on your lower abs, start your ab routine hitting hard lower abs first since they are harder to get

sigrabbit is offline Member
    You could attach bands to your nipples as resistance, then do full situps until you puke. j/k bro. Your looking great, and I have to say I am jealous, but I will catch you.

thanks sig but if i keep pulling on the rings my hard on might ruin my workout!
    alevok what do you recommend for lower abs?

I am not Alevok, but I would recommend hangiing straight leg raises and decline bench leg raises and really focus on the contraction and lowering legs slowly.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit
    I am not Alevok, but I would recommend hangiing straight leg raises and decline bench leg raises and really focus on the contraction and lowering legs slowly.
    That's exactly what I do for lower abs

also, knee raises to failure after you fail on the hanging straight leg raises

thanks for the info Sig. i've never done decline leg raises. i'll definetely try them out.how many times a week do you guys work your abs?

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    how many times a week do you guys work your abs?
    i do them every other day ...........approx.....3-4 times a week .....always a day off before i hit them again....never 2 days in a row for me....

I only do abs once each week because I do weighted sets. You will have to find an incline sit up board for the decline raises, make sure to raise your legs by flexing your abs until your hips start to come off the board. You should have a difficult time doing a good set of 10.

thanks for the response guys!
    Sig i need an incline bench or a decline bench?

On an incline situp board you lie on your back with your head near the foot support. You then hold onto the foot support and raise your legs until your hips start to come off the board. You could do it on a flat bench too, but the incline board is much more difficult. Try the reps real slow so you can feel every contraction. Think of doing reverse crunches with your legs straightened while you try to bring your toes in an arc towards your forehead.
    Last edited by sigrabbit; 07-16-2003 at 06:31 PM.

thanks for the prompt responses Sig!

gallery is offline New Member
    You guys come in with misinformation and false hopes. I see a lot of BS on this board, and it floors me. The main thing for bodybuilding is GENETICS. If you're not being accused of being on steroids while never having touched them, or if you cannot enter a natural bodybuilding contest.....then you need to step away. I'm sorry folks, that's the cold truth of it. This high protein thing....I don't want to disspell any of the supllement companies, but you don't need any of the powder. I see a lot of you guys, and I am blown away. Your after pictures of your steroid use aren't even good enough to ENTER a natural bodybuilding contest, let alone a real one. I mean shit. Sorry folks, sometimes people just need to hear the truth.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gallery
    You guys come in with misinformation and false hopes. I see a lot of BS on this board, and it floors me. The main thing for bodybuilding is GENETICS. If you're not being accused of being on steroids while never having touched them, or if you cannot enter a natural bodybuilding contest.....then you need to step away. I'm sorry folks, that's the cold truth of it. This high protein thing....I don't want to disspell any of the supllement companies, but you don't need any of the powder. I see a lot of you guys, and I am blown away. Your after pictures of your steroid use aren't even good enough to ENTER a natural bodybuilding contest, let alone a real one. I mean shit. Sorry folks, sometimes people just need to hear the truth.
    How many times are you going to copy and paste your comments? Post your picture at least the guys you have been cutting down did.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    thanks for the info Sig. i've never done decline leg raises. i'll definetely try them out.how many times a week do you guys work your abs?
    AD bro decline leg raises slow burning reps!!! Holy Feking! You'll be cursing sig out for telling you to do them! No shit! I had this girl at work start doing them at the gym here at work and after her 1st 2 days she was keeled over because her abs were killing her! We have the bench w/ 3 diff. angles start low and work your way up 3 sets of 2 or 3 sets of 3 15 12 10 or what have you...they'll kill you!

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY AB HUNTING!

SID!

Why is this retard cutting an pasting the same response on different posts? For one, his post has no support in the facts, and two, it has nothing to do with the thread. Can we get this guy's posts deleted if they don't belong on a thread?

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit
    Why is this retard cutting an pasting the same response on different posts? For one, his post has no support in the facts, and two, it has nothing to do with the thread. Can we get this guy's posts deleted if they don't belong on a thread?
    I read an earlier post and he was suspended for 7 days...
    and Yo sig he gives assholes a bad name! (I hate using the re* word..karma train! hate to have it pull up when me and my wife have a kid)

SID

hey gallery thew truth of the matter is that if i were standing in front of you you'd have nothing to say. that would be due to the fact that your larynx would be in my back pocket as a lovely souvenier that I ripped out of your scrawny little neck. go on believing protien doesn't do anything. as far as bodybuilding goes who ever said i wanted to enter a contest? the only contest i'm interested in is with you. preferably one where only one of us walks away.
    on a positive note thanks for the defense AR bros and ripsid thanks for the warning. Sig you might just be hearing from me monday!

Larry Scott is offline Banned
    (a.k.a. gallery) Yeah, you might be able to beat me in a fight. I never made a claim to be a fighter, or a good one at that. But come on, threatening my life...... Get a grip buddy! I made a helpful comment. I amde a realistic comment. It is sad to see so many people waste tehir lives on a false dream. YOu don't go jogging for three months then think that you're going to win the Olympics. The same goes for bodybuilding. Why so many of you are so naive, I have no idea. And don't have such thin skin on your back. Toughen up, you woman!

VINNYCUZ is offline Junior Member
    u made a moronic typical steriotipical fuckin idiots comment get a like dog! please tell me u live in ny and please meet up with me so i can seriously give u a smack i am in howard beach queens and u are?

VINNYCUZ is offline Junior Member
    me and my messed up spelling lol i type to quick my bagage!

i dont jog the only cardio i get is from hitting a heavy bag, a speed bag, and screwing your mother. and tell me again when i said it was my goal to look like i'm in a magazine. i only wanted to get bigger and stronger so i could ring your neck harder. thanks. AD

max out is offline Banned
    Anadrol ......you're gay! I know Larry Scott or Gallery, or whatever he is calling himself. Seriously, He's drawing you in. Let it go, and stop acting so gay. You couldn't hurt anyone. Sorry, you're garbage!

max, larry, gallery or whatever you want to call yourself. i happen to like my tren ranting and raving. and if happens to be about how i want to stick your head in a blender then so be it. but that has nothing to do with my sexual preference which you got wrong. and no i couldnt hurt anyone that hides behind a computer screen in who knows where. and im garbage.AD

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hehe looks like you got yourself a little stalker anadrol

you mean it's just one!? i thought i had four very special friends! what a whack job. and i thought the tren had me going crazy. AD

superamazing is offline New Member
    Why has the administrator banned the colonel??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????

hey Sig my lower abs started hurting last night! i didnt want to post about it last night because i didnt want to have to posts complaining about the same workout! yeah im definitely going to have to start my workout with those for awhile.

Damn tough exercise! Glad to hear that you felt some pain..lol. I have only been doing hanging leg raises, but I need to switch it up, so I will be complaining with you.

alevok Guest
    I start with raising a 15-20lb dumbell between my feet(laying on a bench) then reverse crunch. after hanging knee raise. They are all 1 set max reps.
    after I do regular sit ups with wieght, crunches, rope down crunches.
    I dont do obliques anymore cause those make my waist look weider.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey Anadrol ,

Abs are looking good!!!

Oh, as far as sticking max, larry, or gallery's head in a blender, you'll have to get it outta his A$$ first!!

Bobbo

bobbo thanks for the compliment and you really hit the nail on the head! those jerkoffs.
    alevok thanks for the routine. im getting so many great workouts that i dont know what will be making me improve! but hey as long as im improving!

Breetai is offline Associate Member
    you are looking good as hell bro

Thread Information