Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member

How bad are my legs?

I have never has the best legs in the world... I'll blame part of this on genetics and part on me making excuses like I just did! Over the past 6 weeks I have been really trying to focus and make some half decent gains. How out of whack do my legs look in proportion to my upper body?

ps. my calves are still too pathetic to post...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    They aren't bad...... good shape they just aren't big enough for your upper body yet. Keep hitting them hard and youw will get bring them up.

I have to say you have made great progress..... I saw your before and after pictures and you should be very proud at what you have done. Great work!

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    The key to making your legs grow is going ass deep on squats/hacks and leg presses. Most people don't go beyond parallel but this is the key! Try lots of different foot positions to emphasize inner and outter quads. You have made good progress, I'm sure you know what you're doing. Btw, it looks like you also need to focus on DB laterals and heavy shrugs as your side delts/traps are lacking in those pics.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys,

Im not doubting it (ok maybe a little) but is it really possible to put that kind of size on in just a little over a month. Look at his lats and chest...that is some incredible development in just a short time. This whole thing smells of an ad for his trainer friend...its all too packaged and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Hey guys,

Im not doubting it (ok maybe a little) but is it really possible to put that kind of size on in just a little over a month. Look at his lats and chest...that is some incredible development in just a short time. This whole thing smells of an ad for his trainer friend...its all too packaged and perfect.
    I train myself... I like to document my hobbies and accomplishments... here are a couple other of my hobbies... my home theatre I put together last year and my bikes... and if you want to see what an incredible development looks like, here's a photo of me from last year!!! Just because something seems impressive, does not mean it's impossible

you're not fuckin around with the home entertainment! Nice set up bro

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Don't mean this as a flame, but... If you are such a disciplined/motivated/accomplished person why did you ever let yourself get so fat in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Don't mean this as a flame, but... If you are such a disciplined/motivated/accomplished person why did you ever let yourself get so fat in the first place?
    Don't mean this as a flame, but... That has got to be one of the most insensitive, ignorant and immature things I have ever heard anyone say. No offence of course! I thought I had ‘big bones’ and that was the way I was destined to be… Out of curiosity, how old are you? I am 31 and I could accept the type of comment you just made from someone who is about 10 years old… Do you laugh at people in wheelchairs as well?

100571 is offline Associate Member
    get 'em dre. seems like people think that if they type the disclaimer "don't mean this as a flame" they can say anything they want. I think you're lookin' good, bro. Hit your squats deeper, and maybe put a 2x4 under your heels. I don't know why, but I feel like I get a better work out with my heels slightly higher than my toes. Also, legs have mroe slow twitch fibers than your upper body. Try doing more reps with your legs than you do with your upper. I hope to be that fit when I'm 31!

ittybittymass is offline New Member
    i think he fucked up his posing in the first picture.. looks all scrunched up

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm just curious but how can ANYONE flame this guy? This is the single best transformation i've EVER seen, he totally turned his life around. Sour grapes anyone? Oh and if you look at the before pic, he was holding some serious muscle mass in it along with the fat, its not like he was a slovenly lazy ass. Great job man.

Btw, how was your strength from before (the first before pic) to now? Did it increase or decrease? Once again, incredible work.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    fucking haters!! shut your pie hole if you dont have nothing worth saying. Why not nut up and post some pics of your azz???
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    p.s.

i bet your mack-in on the shorty's with then new body transformation and the sweet home theater set up....where's the popcorn maker??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'm just curious but how can ANYONE flame this guy? This is the single best transformation i've EVER seen, he totally turned his life around. Sour grapes anyone? Oh and if you look at the before pic, he was holding some serious muscle mass in it along with the fat, its not like he was a slovenly lazy ass. Great job man.

Btw, how was your strength from before (the first before pic) to now? Did it increase or decrease? Once again, incredible work.
    Thanks man! While dietting my strength was in the toilet... However for the past 2 months it's been getting better, just about to where it was when I was 65lbs heavier! Today pulled 335lbs for 5x5 stiff legged DL, clean and controlled. Earlier this week I was doing 3 plates on the incline smith press 5x5, about 50lbs from my peak. Based on what I have seen and experienced, I will be able to push the same weights once I get up to about 200lbs as when I was 255lbs. Right now I am caring more about how I look than how much weight I am lifting... that will probably change soon though

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Avigdor
    Don't mean this as a flame, but... That has got to be one of the most insensitive, ignorant and immature things I have ever heard anyone say. No offence of course! I thought I had ‘big bones’ and that was the way I was destined to be… Out of curiosity, how old are you? I am 31 and I could accept the type of comment you just made from someone who is about 10 years old… Do you laugh at people in wheelchairs as well?
    Number 1, I'm not a hater. You did a great job with your body, but your posts read like an advertisement and I'm not the first to notice this.

2nd my question still stands. You obviously trained and dieted with great intensity, but it's obvious that you trained before then and had developed decent muscularity underneat you fat. Look at his biceps in the before pictures.

Why do you feel the need to post pictures of your "accomplisments", home theater, sport bikes? For me that just soured the whole thing. Out of curiousity were you born in the states?

alert is offline Junior Member
    i kinda have to agree with mmc78 ... it does look like your story belongs in a flex mag pushing some weight loss product ... great success on the diet .. and all the power to ya bro .. but was it nessessary to add the bikes and theatre ... i don't think so . others might .. but how are they relevent..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Nice Home Theater setup. I'm also into Home Theater. What HT gear do you have in your setup?

the_rebirth is offline Member
    damn man , awesome job!!!! i hope when i hit my one year from when i was fat which will be december 4th 2003 i hope to have made as much progess as u, keep up the good work!!
    ~Ricky

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    To those of you saying it seems like and advertisement or whatever. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

You guys can't tell me that if you were to accomplish something like that you wouldn't be damn proud of yourselves?

Whatever this guys motives for posting the pictures, it doesn't change the fact that he put a ton of hard work to make that change.

I applaud him. GOOD JOB!

Thanks BimBamBoom, As you can tell... I am damn freaking happy with what I did!!! The funny thing is that it was not that hard or complicated... once I figured out how to eat properly. It also makes me damn happy if anyone else can get some sort of motivation from me or take advantage of some of the knowledge I have gained through good ol trial and error. And in case anyone thinks I am selling something, yes I am selling an entire wardrobe of 40" & 42" along with XL and XXL shirts If anything my message would be... Keep your diet and training simple. There is no secret potion or training routine to get results. And it possible to get decent results without resorting to vitamin S. I have nothing against it, as I am considering it myself... however, I don't like to see people jump into it too early before they maxed out thier natural limitations. Even though I look decent now and I am happy with my progress, I still think I have a ways to go before I hit the proverbial 'wall' and stop seeing gains. So in summary, my message to those looking for advice is...
    1) build a base while not worrying about being ultra lean or ripped... so stay at around 20-25% BF and lift heavy with moderate reps (4-6) keeping good form for a couple of years. I took this too far with 5 years and hitting around 35-40% BF.
    2) Once you establish your solid base then start to think about cutting up. Keep your protein intake reasonably high and cut down on carbs and bad fats. Make sure to eat small and frequent meals (6-9) every 2 to 3 hours.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    bravo! You look fantastic. Maybe I missed it, but what were your before and after weight stats?

Excellent progress on the legs too! I am about 20% and trying to pack on as much muscle before doing the big cut... you do look like you had very good size under all the padding, so I am very interested in how much you weighed. Best of luck!

demetri is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    It's all too easy to do. I've let myself go really bad about 6 years ago. It all depends on what you do after that. There's lots of people out there who come up to me to tell me how good of shape they used to be in. I decided that I didn't want to be one of those has beens and made an effort to get in better shape than ever.

Good job Andre, that's one hell of a transformation.

d

demetri is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

These transformations are possible. I can't remember which member it was but there's someone on this board who lost so much fuckin weight that he had to go down a shoe size.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenFloyd
    bravo! You look fantastic. Maybe I missed it, but what were your before and after weight stats?

Excellent progress on the legs too! I am about 20% and trying to pack on as much muscle before doing the big cut... you do look like you had very good size under all the padding, so I am very interested in how much you weighed. Best of luck!
    Thanks! At my peak I weighed in at 255lbs with a size 40-42 waist... Then after 4 months of dietting I went down to 177lbs and a 31-32 waist, that was 2 and half months ago. Now I am about 190lbs and still a 31-32 waist.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Dude you were built like lee priest in the off season in your before pics. Take a look:
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...chmentid=21054

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yup, i got injured and didn't touch a weight for Two full years, i gained about 50 lbs of fat cus i kept eating like a weightlifter in bulking mode. I lost a ton of muscle and just got disgustingly fat but got back to where I am now better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by demetri
    It's all too easy to do. I've let myself go really bad about 6 years ago. It all depends on what you do after that. There's lots of people out there who come up to me to tell me how good of shape they used to be in. I decided that I didn't want to be one of those has beens and made an effort to get in better shape than ever.

Good job Andre, that's one hell of a transformation.

d

latasaurus is offline Junior Member
    man i have been on ar for about a year .i recently stopped coming to this site for about three months and it is over run with rookie dipshits and children .nobody should flame this guy great job! amazing what you have done.and on the legs shave em dude you'll work em 10 times harder when there not hiding under all that hair!!! awesome commitment.

bdtr, Is that really Lee Priest in the off season? That's amazing!!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yup, he gets HUGE.

Thanks bdtr, you just made me feel much better I am a little nervous about bulking up and ending up back where I started! After looking at that photo, it gave me a little more confidence about putting on some 'not so clean' mass while bulking. I found the following post that shows other tops bb'ers while they are bulking... it's pretty incredible actually... some of these guys are total freaks!!! Lee get's the award for taking bulking to the MAX...
    "Of course I still eat chicken. It's just Kentucky Fried" Lee Priest (on dieting)
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...=&pagenumber=1

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you're gonna go the natural route with no steroids (or even if you decide to use) i'd check out swolecat for his swoledup program, he really knows his stuff.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Great work bro! You do need to bring your leg mass up though...maybe during your next bulking phase?

Thumbs high!

D

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Andre .. Bro I only have one problem with this whole thing ... How could you get rid of the fireplace??? j/k .. great work, keep it up.

Biggy20 is offline Associate Member
    wow, impressive before and after look....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Looks ABSolutely amazing my man, great job!

As far as this being an advertisement, that's hilarious.........only jealous jerk-offs would offer up such an idiotic OPINION. (No people he is not a client of mine)

Opinions are like assholes, well, u know the rest...........lol..........

Anyhow, it's an advertisement for HARD WORK, yes. Most people cannot grasp that concept, hence no pics ever posted, and meaningless shit-filled posts! Pay no attention and do your thing, you're doing it very well.

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Hi,

SInce I started the FLAME on this thread, let me put and end to it. I was just observing that Andre's post seem very packaged and professional. It's obvious his results are awesome and undeniable!!!

If you guys want info on me just check out the success story from the Sept '97 issue of Mens Fitness magazine. That show were I came from and were I am now. I will try to post a scan of it for all of you to see.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Great job Dre..Hell, if I made such a dramatic transformation like you have, bet your ass I would be "Advertising" it all over the place..Keep it up!!

Now, since you are a home theatre officianado and obviously take it seriously, hide those damn speaker wires!!!!!!!!

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    If you guys want info on me just check out the success story from the Sept '97 issue of Mens Fitness magazine. That show were I came from and were I am now. I will try to post a scan of it for all of you to see.
    I doubt many bros are gonna have such an old issue bro...why don't you scan it and post it up in this forum?

My pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How bad are my legs?-brian-pg1.jpg   How bad are my legs?-brian-pg2.jpg  

Hey,

Sorry about the bad quality and those fake ass plastic weights....they weren't mine. They were the photographer's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information