Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Carlos,

THanks for you opinion, but I wouldn't being doing this unless I was ready and certain that it is what I needed to do. Sorry I am not impressing you...lets see your pics.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Carlos,

THanks for you opinion, but I wouldn't being doing this unless I was ready and certain that it is what I needed to do. Sorry I am not impressing you...lets see your pics.
    I am 5'6" and I waited till I was mid 180s before I starting a cycle. I believe I should have waited longer because I was still making good gains naturally.

Legs cold

Side chest cold

Tricep cold

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    He is also older .. sorry If I get this wrong bigger... I think like 40? cnt remember right off... which makes the "building a base" a little tougher for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    He is also older .. sorry If I get this wrong bigger... I think like 40? cnt remember right off... which makes the "building a base" a little tougher for him.
    And? I'm 34. I still think someone should have a VERY SOLID base before thinking of juicing. In all honesty I do not see that.

No I am 30 yrs old. Most of the other guys on here seemed to think I had a good base for my first cycle. Checkout all of my old posts. I started this cycle at 202 at 6ft....that seems like a pretty good base to me. I had been working out for over 6 yrs.

PS,

Carlos at 5'6 it is much much easier for you to pack on more noticeable muscle and size. Try being 6ft or over...its not easy when you have my build.

PS,

Carlos at 5'6 it is much much easier for you to pack on more noticeable muscle and size. Try being 6ft or over...its not easy when you have my build.
    I agree it's easier at my height to see gains. But I still think you should have waited. If you trained for 6 years and this is your base, something in your training/diet is off.

I remember when I first joined this board. Anyone posting pictures like this wanting to juice would have been flamed and told they shouldn't even be thinking about juicing no matter their age. I guess those people are no longer around.

They told me to wait and I'm glad I did.

Carlos you have a good base. Maybe you should think about body building.... hehe settle down man Im playin

I forgot to say... the pictures I posted are bulking pictures. I'm usually leaner.

Carlos,

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I will learn by my mistakes. Try reading my past posts to see where I have come from....6 yrs ago I was over 300lbs and a total fat ass. Most of the first 3 years of my working out were gaining muscle that I lost when I lost over 100lbs in 3 months. It's been a long long road for me and I am proud of what I have done. I guess we can't all have the special genetics you possess too. Certain people are lucky in life ...some are not. Some work their asses off and don't get alot of gains, Some work a little and get alot....Just the way it is.

PS.

I won't ever stop trying!

I guess we can't all have the special genetics you possess too. Certain people are lucky in life ...some are not. Some work their asses off and don't get alot of gains, Some work a little and get alot....Just the way it is.
    I really can't stand when people make the "genetics" comments. I do not have specially genetics. This is 25 years of hard work.

PS.

I won't ever stop trying!
    I'm not saying you should. I just think you should have waited. If after 6 years and that is your base, I'd say you need to rethink your training and diet, not think about using AS. But that's just my opinion. Others may think differently.

Well, then why does anyone use AS....it's all to get ahead in the game. I started when I felt it was right.

Let's call this issue dead....Im On now and you ain't gonna stop me.

More Pics

I practiced a little posing...tell me what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-10-8a.jpg  

pic2

Another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-10-8b.jpg  

One Last Pic

Last One
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-10-8c.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    better

When you do a back dbl bi.. bring your elbows up so your bi's look higher than your shoulders.. also keep practicing that side chest..bring your shoulder back a little and roll your far shoulder out just a tad.
    also with your hand thats open grab your other forearm.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Ah, not feeling so down anymore, eh? Posing makes a big difference in the way that you can see your muscles.

Hey everyone,

OK, its been a BAD week. My work has really been draining on me and killing my workouts. Also feeling kinda depressed. I will write more later, but have to run now...gotta work...MORE.

Also feeling kinda depressed. I will write more later, but have to run now...gotta work...MORE.
    Don't feel to down on yourself. It's most likely the juice. I went through a week of depression while on, my hormones were out of wack.

Carlos,

Thanks for the push...actually I don't want this too sound harsh, but it was your comments this past week that put me into this damn mood.

I'll get out of it sooner or later.

Bri

Carlos,

Thanks for the push...actually I don't want this too sound harsh, but it was your comments this past week that put me into this damn mood.

I'll get out of it sooner or later.

Bri
    Well, I apologize for being so harsh but I stand by what I said. AS is for someone who has reached their genetic potential. I don't see that you have. I don't even feel I have that's why I feel I should have waited.

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Well, I apologize for being so harsh but I stand by what I said. AS is for someone who has reached their genetic potential. I don't see that you have. I don't even feel I have that's why I feel I should have waited.
    i agree with carlos, your base isn't where it should be for aas usage, but you did it, now make the best of it.

here's some good advice:
    aas are for cutting, food is for bulking!

if you did a 12 week maintenance/cut cycle - i hate saying cutting because aas don't get you cut at all - you would literally melt a huge some of fat off your body. now that you bulked, any fat you've gained will be harder to lose, why?, not sure, aas related fat gains are harder to lose. nonetheless, in the future think about getting to your ideal bf, like 10 to 12%. healthy bulking from there will yield little to no fat retention.

also, getting big requires heavy, heavy lifting for 3 to 5 reps on all, ALL exercises, not just compound lifts. your upper body is predominantly fast twitch muscle fiber, and fast twitch doesn't grow large when brought to failure. that produces sarcoplasm in the myofibrils, which is watery/softer muscles. you want size, lift big - this is 15 years of trail and error, and everything was error till i found 5 sets of 5, 7 sets of 3, 10 sets of 2.

good luck. think about going on a fat cutting blitz next time around, you'd be surprised how much easier it is to maintain 5 or 6 pound gains after a cycle as compared to 15 to 20.

Hey,

Thanks, I totally agree with you know and think that is exactly what I need to do. Small gains of 5+ pounds at a time on cycles is much more manageable and easier to keep post cycle. I really need to get my BF way, way down. My cycle is over in about 3 weeks, what do you recommend I do? I was gonna keep my bulking diet going for a few more months and then work on a new cycle aimed towards helping me cut and lose BF. I have PRIMO already on hand and want to add to that. I can get pretty much anything at this point.

Regarding the reps, I am currently doing 4-6 reps of the heaviest weigh I can lift and then working down. Results have been good so far.

I am really starting to think I was not ready or prepared for this cycle but have to finish at this point.

Help me on what I should do next.

Bri

Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    here's some good advice:
    aas are for cutting, food is for bulking!
    No. I'm sure everyone here will agree that while food is the most important for bulking, it's also the most important for cutting. 60% of bodybuilding is diet. 30 is training, and the other 10 is AS. You can't get big or get lean without the correct respective diets, and no anabolic steroids with the exception of fina will actually cut fat from your body.

also, getting big requires heavy, heavy lifting for 3 to 5 reps on all, ALL exercises, not just compound lifts. your upper body is predominantly fast twitch muscle fiber, and fast twitch doesn't grow large when brought to failure. that produces sarcoplasm in the myofibrils, which is watery/softer muscles. you want size, lift big - this is 15 years of trail and error, and everything was error till i found 5 sets of 5, 7 sets of 3, 10 sets of 2.
    Everyone responds differently to training, and everyone has different muscle makeups. Also, you need to hit both fast and slow twitch muscles in order to make optimal gains. That's why you'll see markus rhul using 15 lb dumbells to do tricep extensions at the end of his dropsets. Gotta exhaust all the fibers, not just the fast twitch.

Hey guys,

A little off topic, but someone close to me has found out I'm on AS. Is there a good thread or post on here that educates people that AS is not bad and OK for me to use.?

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Can you tell us a little more details on how they found out....Can you lie your way out...!! If I was you..After this cycle I would cut...I would use a ECA/Clen cycle...2 weeks of ECA/ 2 Weeks of Clen...low carbs and cardio 4 times a week...Man that was the ticket for me!!! Carb up a little on the weekends to make sure you keep your energy...I use Flaxseed oil and Nat. PB as my Fat intake and the rest comes from..Tuna,chicken,turkey,lean hamburger,steak,fish,ect....I bulk during cycle and cutting off cycle...but I dont cut extremely...because I dont want to lose what I just gained on cycle..I just find that happy medium that my body needs to keep going and keep burning the fat off...The first cycle is alway the learning experience it will get better the more you learn about what makes your body grow...Good luck..

Well,

Details are that they questioned me and I told the truth, but the cool thing is they seemed to be open and undecided about how they feel, so I want to show them why I decided to do it and what the overall feeling is among the AR community.

Yeah, already thinking about the ECA and Clen . I can get something called SuperClen the has Ketofit (or something like that) which allows you to take it straight through w/o cycling on/off 2 weeks at a time.

I will start in the spring with the cutt. I am going to cardio my ass off, a eat a strict diet.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I'm not saying you should. I just think you should have waited. If after 6 years and that is your base, I'd say you need to rethink your training and diet, not think about using AS. But that's just my opinion. Others may think differently.

Hey...New to the board and just checking some of the posts. Carlos what you are saying does make sense but it doesn't man. You dont factor in someones body type into their decsion it appears. We don't know bri and have never seen him work out, what he eats etc... Maybe thats the best, his genetics would allow him to build homie. I have been lifitng with my old roomate for the past 4 years...And we eat virtually the same thing and hit the gym together everytime, started at the same level but i have put on at least 30 pounds more of muscle than him. If everyone could just lift hard take juice and be ginormous...we would all look like dennis james....but his genes allow to pack more more meat than many people could ever pack on if they did his exact workout and go so far as to go in half when he goes to get his juice. We all different...

And on annother note....Bri you shouldn't let anyone on this board get you down b. Don't be soft. Keep lifting...eating and sleeping. This is all vitrual world anyway so I don't really even exist.....

lol halllla

Pics of me soon

posted by chris adams:

No. I'm sure everyone here will agree that while food is the most important for bulking, it's also the most important for cutting. 60% of bodybuilding is diet. 30 is training, and the other 10 is AS. You can't get big or get lean without the correct respective diets, and no anabolic steroids with the exception of fina will actually cut fat from your body.

my point had nothing to do with yours. where is this coming from? what's your point? my point had to do with the fact that biggerbri doesn't need to bulk with a bf of that level. what has more than likely happened is he has gained a little bf, this bf (from personal experience, more than you have chrisadams) will be harder to lose because it is more than likely a2 receptor fat. that is what "aas are for cutting, food is for bulking" means. and diet is alot more than 60% of bodybuilding.

posted by chris adams:

Everyone responds differently to training, and everyone has different muscle makeups. Also, you need to hit both fast and slow twitch muscles in order to make optimal gains. That's why you'll see markus rhul using 15 lb dumbells to do tricep extensions at the end of his dropsets. Gotta exhaust all the fibers, not just the fast twitch.

from you body type i see you use your "markus ruhl" methods and it shows. i think i may have a leg up on you from practical training experience, considering i've been training for 15 plus years and not to mention the 4 plus years as a speed/strength trainer where this specific topic comes into play.

here's a thought:
    olympic sprinters, you think they ever use high rep training? in the 100meter dash, how jacked and shredded are the athletes?

now go to your local gym, how many gym members you see using high rep/moderate weight training protocols? how many of them are jacked and shredded?

is there a place for high rep training, yes, when intensity is lowered to help the body recover and when transitioning from a heavy phase to another heavy phase, a good two week hypertrophy routine will help with active recovery. will hypertrophy specific training benefit most bb's with more than 3 to 4 years of training experience, minimally. this is from practical, hands on experience.

do people respond differently to training?

somewhat true, but with the same training routine done repeatedly for a few weeks, the cns will adapt to the movements being performed. once this happens, fast twitch fibers downregulate (so to speak, they don't actually down regulate, they don't contract with the same force, nor does the cns fire up the same amount of muscle fiber to contract with). when these fibers aren't being used, slow twitch fibers take over. these fibers do not respond to training with growth nearly as much as fast twitch fiber.

hypertrophy training also leaves the body with little cns stimulation. if the cns is not stimulated to work hard, the body is simply figuring out how to adapt to what is happening. if the cns is not taxed, this adaptation period is much quicker. even when using very heavy training methods where the cns is heavily stimulated, the body will adapt to rep ranges within 2 to 4 weeks, and exercises within a 4 week cycle. what happens then if the cns stimulation is so little? the body adapts quicker and the training tapers off.

so will hypertrophy training really create large sums of muscle? no, unless aas are used, and there is your reason for markus ruhl using 15pound db's for tri extensions, he has to. will this benefit those who are off cycle at the time or train naturally, not really.

to end, keep exhausting those slow twitch fibers, i'd rather less people know how to train. makes me look that much better when all the training secrets are kept from the general public. this way i'll continue to add weight on and off cycle while those who think they know are struggling year round.

bigger bri:

what do i think you should do next?

finish this cycle out, you've made good gains. i would make sure your pct period is heavily structured. make sure you recover fully, make sure there is no estrogen rebound. if there is, you will add alittle fat (more than likely, not a huge sum, but any bf rebound should be looked at in a negative light). maybe run nolva 8 weeks post cycle, never hurts and this will certainly be enough time for any unbound estrogen to deplete.

take off aas for awhile, 6 months or so. get you diet in check, completely. i took a year and a half off till i had the perfect diet (meaning i could cut bf and maintain muscle without cardio). once you have a diet that you can manipulate any way you want (cut/maintain/bulk), you are there. then it only is a matter of time till you reach your goals. i'm going on 2 full years of dieting now and am able to cut and maintain without any cardio and 3 hard core lifting sessions a week. all diet my man. just started a light bulk phase with the help of mr. x and things are going awesome.

start with learning what your maintenance cal. are. from there go to cutting cal., then finally with the bulk cal. i see no reason to bulk with a bf of over 12%, it does not create a more anabolic environment with a higher bf.

if you can get to that point with the diet, next cycle i would go like this:

wk 1 - 3: prop 150mg
    wk 1 - 10: test e 500mg
    wk 1- 10: anavar 40mg day
    wk 11 - 13: test prop 400mg

anti - e of your choice, followed by 8 fulls weeks of pct

this cycle will add a nice sum of lbm, with your newly perfected diet you can use this to either go lower on calories to drop all the fat you have while maintaining the mass, or use a maintenance diet with low cal days sprinkled in to maybe add more muscle and worry less about bf. choice is yours.

i do not suggest you do anyhting else till your diet is 150% done. you have to have a working knowledge of your metabolism is you want to look sick. there are blessed people who look great no matter what, for those of us who need to put in the time, 150% diet knowledge will do more for you than 10 years of lifting ever will.

my point had nothing to do with yours. where is this coming from? what's your point? my point had to do with the fact that biggerbri doesn't need to bulk with a bf of that level. what has more than likely happened is he has gained a little bf, this bf (from personal experience, more than you have chrisadams) will be harder to lose because it is more than likely a2 receptor fat. that is what "aas are for cutting, food is for bulking" means. and diet is alot more than 60% of bodybuilding.
    The point is that you oversimplified. You made it seem like people can put on the same amount of muscle on food alone as with food and AS. We all know this is not true. You also made it seem like AS will cut you down. That is also not true.

here's a thought:
    olympic sprinters, you think they ever use high rep training? in the 100meter dash, how jacked and shredded are the athletes?
    Yes. They do use high rep training. Certainly not exclusively, but it is part of the process. This is my point. You cannot completely neglect the slow twitch fibers, or you will not have optimal growth.

do people respond differently to training?

somewhat true, but with the same training routine done repeatedly for a few weeks, the cns will adapt to the movements being performed. once this happens, fast twitch fibers downregulate (so to speak, they don't actually down regulate, they don't contract with the same force, nor does the cns fire up the same amount of muscle fiber to contract with). when these fibers aren't being used, slow twitch fibers take over. these fibers do not respond to training with growth nearly as much as fast twitch fiber.

to end, keep exhausting those slow twitch fibers, i'd rather less people know how to train. makes me look that much better when all the training secrets are kept from the general public. this way i'll continue to add weight on and off cycle while those who think they know are struggling year round.
    The tone of your entire message was that i was suggesting he do nothing but 40 rep sets. This is not the case, as is perfectly clear from my post. I said that he and everyone need to work both types of muscle fibers to gain optimal growth.

You also neglect the fact that people have different muscle makeups. You think a marathon runner and a sprinter have the same ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch? no. This is genetics, and the ratio cannot be changed, and varies person to person. Since these fibers respond to training differently, and everyone has different ratios of fast to slow, then it would only make sense to say that everyone responds differently to training.
    Your point of hypertrophy/cns is moot in regards to my post. I did not suggest he do the same training each week, nor did i suggest that he use only high rep training. Thus your entire point is pointless.

Lastly, your point of hypertrophy adding to growth when AS is used, perfect. I've never used them, but our friend here is on cycle at the moment.

Now, as far as practical experience. Fine. You know what works for your body. You probably have great genetics. Some people do not. But i guarantee that bri's genetics are different from yours. I have no choice to believe him when he says that his diet has been good, and that he has been training hard, and that he is at or close to his peak genetic potential. Why do i have no choice but to believe him? Becuase i'm not him. And neither are you or carlos.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 10-13-2003 at 12:07 PM.

posted by chris adams:
    You also neglect the fact that people have different muscle makeups. You think a marathon runner and a sprinter have the same ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch? no. This is genetics, and the ratio cannot be changed, and varies person to person.

first off, when training fast twitch fibers, slow twitch are highly recruited to stabilze the joint and moving tissue. so working both fibers seperately is pretty redundant. whereas training slow twitch fibers does nothing to increase fast twitch, the bigger/stronger muscles. why take a step backwards that is unnecessary?

it's not genetics, it's what their body has adapted to to make them the best sprinter or marathon runner they can be. has nothing to do with genetics, they weren't born with the body types they aged into, they've created them. and
    actually, there are in between fibers, sort of satellite cells that react to the training you are doing. train like a marathon runner, look like a marathon runner. train like a sprinter, look like a sprinter. this is true, do some research. not all muscle fibers are this or that, they can change. the percentage varies from person to person and the highest concentration of these cells are located in the glute/hamstring area.

how can you compare a sprinter to a marathon runner? my comparison was based on the body type around bodybuilding, sprinters are jacked and shredded, marathon runners are softer and carry less weight. in arguing a point don't compare fire to ice, any argument can be broken up when you take things out of context. compare a sprinter to a bodybuilder. i would love either build but a sprinter's physique is easier to maintain.

since i have trained some advanced national level sprinters, i can say from personal experience, high rep training is avoided for the most part. slows down the cns reaction, can't move as fast, takes away the punch a sprinter has within the first 30 meters. this would be used in phase 1 of a training protocol to ease into heavier training (which i eluded to in my confusing post before where i said hypertrophy training is used to change phases).

my post makes no sense? to who? makes alot of sense to me. explains hypertrophy training pretty clearly and why it is not the most beneficial way of training.

posted by chris adams:
    Now, as far as practical experience. Fine. You know what works for your body. You probably have great genetics. Some people do not. But i guarantee that bri's genetics are different from yours. I have no choice to believe him when he says that his diet has been good, and that he has been training hard, and that he is at or close to his peak genetic potential. Why do i have no choice but to believe him? Becuase i'm not him. And neither are you or carlos.[/QUOTE]

listen, i've helped a large number of athletes make great gains naturally with diet and training. i know alot about training and how to apply it. don't assume i only know what works for me, i've figured out alot more people than myself. arguments based on genetics are weak. you've never been to your "genetic" peak i assume, your still newer to training, it takes time. well i have been there, now included, and my genetics suck. i bust my ass with diet and training. and from all my practical experience, i can tell you he is very far from his genetic potential. if you want to believe there is a higher power holding back gains your wrong. it simply means there wasn't enough trial and error experimentation to figure out what really works.
    Last edited by abc 1; 10-13-2003 at 12:22 PM.

OK guys,

I appreciate the debate you guys are having...my honest opinion is that everyone is different and everyone needs to find out what works for them through trial & error.

Now back to me and away from my "threadjacking"

Started Week 10 today with my first injection of the week. My weight is up to 221.5lbs this week, the highest I have been.

My head is really spining right now with what to do next since my cycle is ending in a few weeks. I have had so many differing opinions, that I am really confused and can't consume all of the info that is being thrown my way. I have to keep in mind where I came from years ago being the fat kid all of my life. I am no longer that person and feel very good about that fact. People now see me as attractive and wow that makes a difference. I am always battling the devil in my head that says my body "sucks" and that I can look better, bigger, more toned, ripped or whatever. I guess I have a serious overall body image problem that I need to workout first. This has been the cause of my depression over the past few weeks, plus being found out, and having to explain my choices of doing something illegal.

I really need a break at this point. I will post some pics later this week if anyone cares to see.

Bri

Week 10 Pics

Here goes...enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-10-14a.jpg  

Pic 2

Pic #2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-10-14b.jpg  

pic 3

Pic #3