Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

My Post-Surgery Pic......

What did ya think? You'd see stitches?????? LOL!!

This is @ a BBQ.......yeah, I got my Forrest Gump leg immobilizers on, but hey, we still hit upper body earlier that day, and I'll not stop. Leg/knee rehab starts soon, and I haven't lost that much size believe it or not. Hell, my trainer always had me take 3 weeks off before a show from legs to come in ultra ripped, so I guess a few more weeks w/out work won't hurt. 2K4 is going to be a great year, I can tell!

Be safe all!!!!! Please................. ~SC~

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck with the rehab bro. Good to see your determination to not let it effect you.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why did you hafto do surgery bro? What happend?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Still looking swole bro, looking like robo cop and shit!
    Good luck bro with the rehab, cant wait for 2k4!! going to be good!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your like a super swoled up Forrest G

I am just messin with ya bro!! stay strong my man!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

compwhiz16 is offline Junior Member
    Gheez, man that sucks. Good luck with the Rehab. Upper body still looking great as ever!

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Why did you hafto do surgery bro? What happend?
    Quoted by me at GotSwole.com........

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:34 pm

Post subject: SwoleCat to have Surgery 6-21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All:

I suffered torn tendons in both knees this a.m. after a freak accident. (Basketball game, went to jump as I was skying all over the place this morning) I went to jump and heard two loud "POPS" as I went to take off...........I knew I should have just gone home after cardio.......shit.

I crumbled to the floor, unable to bend my legs...........

Bottom line............the tendon that attaches from the knee cap to the front of your shin (patella????) totally ruptured. It ruptured at the knee cap, not the patella, so that's a good thing actually. This happened on both knees/legs.

I'll be out of commission from weights for about 8 weeks (leg wise, hell this is bench press program time!!!!!)..........yes, I'll atrophy a bit, but have already hooked up w/the best Sports Medicine guru around this area to get me back up and SWOLEDUP again. I am looking at about 6-8 months to get back totally to what I am as I type this to all of you.

He said muscle memory is great, and a person my size should have no problems at all, being even better than new. I won't be able to do any shows as I wished to do near the end of this year, but I guess there are more important things I should be focusing on.

Just wanted to share this with you. I'd be lying if I didn't tell you all that I'm depressed as shit, but I'm strong mentally, and I will re-hab and get through this!!!!! I will do it..............for me, for you, for all ya'll..............I got this..........

Surgery 6-21-03, 12:00 noon...........

1 Luv,
    ~SC~

*NOTE* - It wasn't even a "game", me and a friend were just shootin' 3's for some post-cardio "cardio", and then I decided to jump a few times. Really stupid thing to do, yes, but better to happen in that scenario than doing squats w/400 lbs. on my back!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-03-2003 at 11:38 AM.

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Hang in there Swole...tough times build character and I'm sure you'll bounce back better than ever!

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Hey Swole I've been hurt a few times playing ball, (broken hand and severely twisted ankle) but the thing that always kept me in a positive state of mind when I couldn’t train was the fact I knew once I healed I'd be back and ready to train hard! And I can tell you first hand that when I did heal I was more focused and worked harder in the gym then before the injuries!! I know the same will be true for you and I bet you’ll come back stronger, faster, better! Best of luck bro and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Peace,
    CC

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Wishing you good luck and speedy recovery Bro...damn sound almost like hallmark card...XXL

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    hey bro, i feel ur pain. in january i had a dumb accident that left me with third degree burns on my leg. they did skin grafting and everything. i was told i couldn't workout for 2 months. i did upper body though even though i wasnt supposed to. i couldn't help it, i woulda gone nuts and killed myslef if i couldnt workout for that long.LOL. good luck man.

peace

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    That sucks bro... hope you have a quick recovery... sure u'll be back at it in no time... upper body looking great.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    you've definitely got the attitude and mindset to overcome this mere obstacle. what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. even if it is in the long run. good luck.

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Swole you look great as always.

Just remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !!!!!

With your determination this is, im sure, only a minor setback !

Best of luck with rehab !

TANK

With all of you helpin' me by the supportive words and "cheering" me on, it really does help in recovery. I have to admit depression does set in at times, but hell, u just workout what you can, and develop a plan of attack for what you cannot workout, and attack that later when you can.

Thanks all............

~SC~

Kcck is offline New Member
    more power 2 ya

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    good luck brotha!!! I you'll be better than new!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    awesome arms, man

maximusdad is offline New Member
    Swole you are an inspiration to alot of us at AR....we wish you the best in your recovery and know that without fail swolecat will remain swoled up....

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Looking stout bro good job hope all is well with your recovery

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    i feel your pain bro (at least some of it), i snapped my ACL doing stupid shit. took some time but im squatting more than i ever have. after the rehab your legs will be stronger than ever....

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    hell yeah brotha! thats determination! glad to see your recovery is going well. Good luck in rehab and keep us posted. peace

Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    i feel your pain bro (at least some of it), i snapped my ACL doing stupid shit. took some time but im squatting more than i ever have. after the rehab your legs will be stronger than ever....
    Bro, thanks for the insight and real-world experience. How long did it take you until you were working legs again? I hate "waiting", that's the toughest part..........forget the pain, that's a given, it's the fact that time makes you WAIT........I hate that shit, lol............

I hear that you do grow stronger and bigger than before, and I can't wait to put that to work for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!
    ~SC~

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    Well, it took longer than it should have because i didnt do therapy. it took around 8 months to get a decent amount of muscle back, even today my left leg is slightly bigger then my right. my guess is with therapy you should be back where your at under 6 months. when your legs are healed they will come back stronger...

cool........

Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    Well, it took longer than it should have because i didnt do therapy. it took around 8 months to get a decent amount of muscle back, even today my left leg is slightly bigger then my right. my guess is with therapy you should be back where your at under 6 months. when your legs are healed they will come back stronger...

yeah, so I'm looking at around 2K4 to be the same person huh.......

That's good though........it means I'll have one hell of a Christmas present for myself! New legs and a new physique!

Thanks for the help!

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hey Swole, sorry to hear about your misfortune there. DOn't feel bad though, I men what 6 months out of a lifetime? Nothing really, just a blink of the eye. I had to have both knees scoped before, took me several months to get back to where I was and now, I'm squatting my old max for reps brother!!! How's that for full recovery? Good luck and just think, now instead of 5 or 6 days to bust in the gym you only have 4. More time at home with the family. Good luck and god speed on your recovery. I almost have my money saved up for your program too, if that cheers ya up any.

Farmer is offline Member
    Wutup Swole! You'll be alright bro, this is only gonna be a temporary thing. Look on the bright side, there are a lot of people out there that have problems and disabilities but never have the oppurtunity to recover even though they put everything they have into it. Later gump!

Peace

Farmer

wannabmassive is offline Associate Member
    its cus of peeps like u ity gives peeps like us no exuse to miss training hope u get bak in to full swing man ur an inspiration

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That's good though........it means I'll have one hell of a Christmas present for myself! New legs and a new physique!

~SC~
    I say go for broke....while you're in there for rehab have them throw an extra 3 inches on the calves with a quick implant or three.

tatty is offline Member
    Keep pumping bro. Can't nobody hold you down! I need to adapt the same mentality you have.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Swole, I have taken off all week because of a very similar injury.

I went too deep on smith machine squats and put a lot of pressure on the front of my knee, at the shin. My left knee felt like it tore right there, and I couldn't hardly walk on it the next day. It has gotten better but I don't think I'll be able to do any squats for another week or so. What is the tendon called? how did they fix it?

I'm thinking i might need to check out the doc even though mine doesnt sound near as bad as yours. Its the same spot.

trailboss is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=SwoleCat]What did ya think? You'd see stitches?????? LOL!!

This is @ a BBQ.......yeah, I got my Forrest Gump leg immobilizers on, but hey, we still hit upper body earlier that day, and I'll not stop.

hehe...they dont look so bad...wanna trade?

nice job on the physique bro...drive on!

LOGANXXX is offline Associate Member
    Man you´ll shure come back stronger than ever. Your history shows us that you have lots of determination, and that will make the difference.
    I wish you my best!

the_rebirth is offline Member
    swole u da man

Ok Swole, how's the recovery coming bro? Updates my man! Updates!!!!!!

Trailboss.........thanks very much for your words.......I feel ya, I needed that, thanks.......wow..........

As far as updates........On 7-25, (almost 5 weeks post surgery) I have 90 degrees, yes, 90 degrees of flexion in both knees........I can sit normally and bend as if nothing happened........a little tightness, but that is to be expected w/internal swelling.

I got new "hinge" braces.....nothing more than a relatively small neoprene "sleeve" that goes over the knee, and has two metal braces inside the fabric on each side........I swear it feels as if I have NOTHING on compared to those damn boards and planks I have in the above pic, lol. I had my right knee drained on the 25th as well...........45cc's of bloody fluid came out, and I had even more flexion after that. So, I can wear pants, walk around normally, etc........I also began cardio.........50 mins on the eliptical trainer.........I am supposed to do "NO RESISTANCE" but I set the fucker on level 18 (out of 20) and go in REVERSE to work the quads and calves........I can feel the kneecap very sore and it's not ready for real weight, but just that muscle stimulation through what would normally be CARDIO, is great.......I know I'll be okay.

In 2.5 weeks, Ortho says we start resistance training........hell, it may only be 5 lbs, but it's weights...........A couple of weeks ago, weights seemed like a joke when it came to mentioning those w/my legs!

2K4 is going to be off the meat rack.........legs/calves will be better than ever.......I'm saying it now, and I'll prove it again later w/pics........Mark my words, I live by them.

Thanks all,
    ~SC~

Hey there Swole, no one doubts ya on being better than ever in 2004 bro. Glad to hear recovery is going good. I know when I had my knees drained and I saw the fluid that came out I damn near lost my lunch. Of course they didn't pull out 45 cc's out of me though! Well take it slow and you'l be back in no time.

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Swole injured or not , you're still the main man !

Stay strong !

TANK

Thanks Tank!

Texan, the 45cc's was actually darn intriguing to me while watching.........what was weird was the 3 inch 18 guage needle attached to the 60cc syringe that went ALL THE WAY IN the side of my knee.......weird shit!

~SC~

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    You look Good Bro. Good Dedication keep up the hard work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information