talon is offline Senior Member

Ok new title here are my PICS

As far as my specs:
    6ft.
    5.9 to 6.1% BF (PT at gym screwed up as of lastnight its 7.1%)
    194 pounds

New record of 315 bench press on Sunday Night. YES!!!!

I have been lifting very very hard for a year now.

As of last year(summer), I was 150 pounds.
    I put on 44 pounds this last year and cut my BF in half.

Please critque and let me now what ya think. And THANKS to everyone on this board and in the bodybuilding community for the support and motivation. Ok got the pic here now...LOL, newbie in the house..comments/critiques welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Answer quick..im excited-image3.jpg   Answer quick..im excited-talon-side-1.jpg   Answer quick..im excited-front-double-bi.jpg  
    Last edited by talon; 03-24-2005 at 08:35 PM.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    if you're on a pc open them in paint or Microsoft image editor and resize them smaller.

OK OK OK... I resized the picture, but its still to big, a little over 300,000. How do I get the darn thing small enough, cause I already cut everything I could out of it without totally deleting the pic? Thanks.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Email it to me [email protected] i'll put it up for you

BDTR...Thanks, I think I sent them to you but not sure..I am a real novice when it comes to cpu's...Thanks and reply to let me know if ya got it or what I need to do to get it to ya....Thanks.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Well you're certainly not a novice to bodybuilding, you look great, especially for natural. Here are your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    BDTR...Thanks, I think I sent them to you but not sure..I am a real novice when it comes to cpu's...Thanks and reply to let me know if ya got it or what I need to do to get it to ya....Thanks.

Diesel72 is offline Associate Member
    Lookin great bro. Once again... keep up the good work.

BDTR....You are definently a model example of what I have been talking about. You stepped out to help me. BUT...LOL..you gotta give me the secret. How did ya to that? Cause I have some more but I dont want to bother you everytime I wanna post a pick. THANKS BRO.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You had them saved as BMP files which are really large, i just changed the format to jpg for you so they met the size limit. No problem on helpin' ya out though.

Got it thanks...keep replying need critques...gives goals to set...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    You look like you have some good thickness going there. Would like to see a back shot and wheels. Do the standard poses so everyone can see your strength and weaknesses.

Yes...Carlos, I am going to tomorrow, I have to take some more than spend and hour shrinking and resizing the darn things...they need a bigger limit on these he he.

Ok...sorry, Carlos I reposted them at the top of the thread, now I have pics of the front, back, and side...I will post the legs tomorrow, my camera dosnt have flash...lol...as ya can prob. tell. Thanks...
    Last edited by talon; 08-19-2003 at 11:43 PM.

Now for the ultimate question...lol. If I wanted to hit lightweight or middleweight status, what would I need to work on...please cratique bro's....thanks. Oh yhea I got the back and side shots up top for the all around view...thanks.
    Last edited by talon; 08-21-2003 at 12:59 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Now for the ultimate question...lol. If I wanted to hit lightweight or middleweight status, what would I need to work on...please cratique bro's....thanks. Oh yhea I got the back and side shots up top for the all around view...thanks.
    First of all we would have to see your legs. If you want to compete just know that what the judges look for are size, symetry (overall balance) and leaness...not neccesarily in that order. Looking at your pics I see the following, size is decent, you have some nice muscle shape but unless we see the wheels there is no indication of how balanced you look. As far as being 5.9% - 6.0% BF....I'm sorry bro, but there is no way you are that low. You are likely around 12%-14%. If you were 5.9% you would be almost in contest condition and although you are nowhere near fat, you are certainly not stage ready. If you were indeed 6% you could not compete as even a middleweight as your LBM is 182lbs at 0% bf.

First of all pick a contest that will allow you approximately 12 weeks to prepare. Then begin following a contest specific eating program that will accomodate fat loss at approximately 1-2lbs per week...no more. I would guess that you are around 20-25lbs out of contest shape so 12 weeks would work fine.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Your physique is impressive for only bodybuilding for 1 year. Got a good base to start a cycle on. I agree with Pete that you're not 6% BF though. More like 10-12%. Work on your poses and keep it up! Assuming your legs are balanced, you could do well competing.

toolman is offline Banned
    Lookin good. On one of your shots your forearms look like they need work. Could be the angle but they were looking slim.

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    looking good man, but if you want critiquing, I say your back could use some more thickness. You do heavy deadlifts? It might just be the way you're posing though. Also your forearms could use some size on them. And we need leg pics bro. Overall looking great, especially after only training one year. Keep up the good work.
    Bull

Thanks you everyone for the comments! Yes, my forearms need MAJOR work they are very small. Now as for my body fat I had a mistake. The PT that did mine at the gym obviously read the percentage chart wrong. After reading the thread I had it redun and read the chart my self. My body fat according to age and pinch calipers is 7.1%.I was pinced on my chest(near apex of arm), stomach, and quad. I am sorry about the missup. And THANKS AGAIN!!!
    PIC OF WHEELS: SORRY CAM. HAS NO FLASH...LOL:
    PS: I didnt want to compete anytime soon, but competetors have the best physiques so I used that as a stand point, so keep the critques a comin' thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Answer quick..im excited-wheels-.jpg  
    Last edited by talon; 08-21-2003 at 11:44 AM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    You look impressive. Calves look to be the weak spot. Keep going!

Yhea the calves are what I figured I need to focus my leg workouts more on. Honestly they are a little bigger then they look in the pic., but they are still small in comparison to my quads. Thanks.
    Last edited by talon; 09-01-2003 at 11:51 PM.

Wow I just realized that if the thing goes through with the deca these will be my before shots....LOL.
    PS-Guys if I do go with the 10 w/k deca cycle, I WILL keep a journal after 4 weeks into it, to let you guys know the changes mentally/physically that Im going through.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Lets see the legs, ur upper body looks good though.

LOL...legs are up a little bro....

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL...legs are up a little bro....
    Where are the hammies??

Chris, my cam. dosnt have flash, so the ones I took of the hams were busted. Once I start my cyc. Im going to get a better cam so I can show prog. pics.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    All around excellent work for 1st year bro. For a competition u need work. back , forearm and legs.

Thanks...here is what Im thinking up the workout on the calves, outer delts, and forearms....really want the forarms...

thickmass is offline Member
    Thanks...here is what Im thinking up the workout on the calves, outer delts, and forearms....really want the forarms...
    try this lighter version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Answer quick..im excited-wheels-.jpg  

Sweet, thanks THICK, I like it lighter...nice.......

orbflux is offline New Member
    i wouldnt be considering cycles yet.. even though you do have very impressive results for just a year, its only a year.

Orb, thanx for your concern....I got the results in a year. I have been training for nearly 6 yrs. I think I just hit a growth spurt. As Big Green would say, "Nothing surpasses the end of puberty/intro to becoming a man as far as muscle growth."

mass junkie is offline banned
    Hey man are you gonna polish off that lil bit of bacardi vanilla or do I have to come up there and do it for ya..................Seriously though....only thing that I feel that you may have to bring up are your calves...........other than that......everything else looks great.......cant wait till your done with your cycle to see what you look like!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Hey man are you gonna polish off that lil bit of bacardi vanilla or do I have to come up there and do it for ya..................Seriously though....only thing that I feel that you may have to bring up are your calves...........other than that......everything else looks great.......cant wait till your done with your cycle to see what you look like!!!
    Bro thanks....Hell yhea we are going to OWN the Bicardi....Yhea I hope being fresh to the gear, that my receptors sop the stuff up and I explode....

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Hey Im gonna post on your thread 8). You need to bust up those quads. Try my leg shocker workout, im gonna try and make it an ongoing workout for people to follow 8)

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Hey Im gonna post on your thread 8). You need to bust up those quads. Try my leg shocker workout, im gonna try and make it an ongoing workout for people to follow 8)
    Def. have you posted the workout yet?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you have made great gains and have a strong base. You look relatively lean but I don't think 7.1% is accurate either. The PT taking your BF is doing something incorrectly. I don't think people truly appreciate how lean someone is at 7.1%. When I hit 9% you can see all my abs and almost every vein in my body. At 7% you will look like you are in the latter stages of competition preparation. Few local BB's get much below 6%. I would guess you are closer to 11% from the pictures I have seen. This is in no way a criticism because you look very good and that is a very respectable BF%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    I think you have made great gains and have a strong base. You look relatively lean but I don't think 7.1% is accurate either. The PT taking your BF is doing something incorrectly. I don't think people truly appreciate how lean someone is at 7.1%. When I hit 9% you can see all my abs and almost every vein in my body. At 7% you will look like you are in the latter stages of competition preparation. Few local BB's get much below 6%. I would guess you are closer to 11% from the pictures I have seen. This is in no way a criticism because you look very good and that is a very respectable BF%.
    Could be true Rick. You see they are getting the three pinches, then adding them up to get a total. Then they are looking on a chart which indicates BF% by age and the totallity of the pinches. You see I am a PT also and its real easy to be off by just one number with the pinch and it can change the BF% by up to 3...Thanks for the comments though.....

longhornDr is offline Member
    Looking good but like Rickson said I don't think you are 7.1% unless you have 0% visceral fat.

44lbs and cutting your BF in 1/2 in one year is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Looking good but like Rickson said I don't think you are 7.1% unless you have 0% visceral fat.

44lbs and cutting your BF in 1/2 in one year is outstanding.
    Thank you. I take it as a goal Ive accomplished, so now Im setting higher standards.....

Thread Information