Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Starting my Precycle training diary

Hey everybody. Hopefully everyone has seen me around by now, but if not, nice to meet you. I've been hanging around for a couple months, basically just learning everything i can, and having a good time doing it. Anyway, i figure that i'll do my first cycle in jan, for my new year's resolution (to get huge, of course). Anyway, in the meantime i'm going to make one last natural push. I have a very low bf% right now, (any estimates?) so as a result this is going to be a put-weight-on-at-all-costs few months. As you all know, i'm a little guy (for now) Here are some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting my Precycle training diary-im000365.jpg   Starting my Precycle training diary-im000374.jpg   Starting my Precycle training diary-im000375.jpg  
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-24-2003 at 11:47 PM.

lastly, the tris. Any input on areas where i should focus my training would be well recieved. I didn't post pics of the legs because it's not worth it. Due to a knee injury that i just got off crutches from, i haven't worked them in 2 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting my Precycle training diary-im000378.jpg  
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-15-2003 at 11:19 PM.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Dude,

What are your current stats? age?

I would start now with a big diet change and just start piling up the FOOD each day. Try to put on as much weight as you can going into your cycle. You will never have a problem getting cut with those genetics. Just try for SIZE now.

Bri

mass junkie is offline banned
    good luck on your cycle bro..................what does your cycle look like

talon is offline Senior Member
    Good luck bro. It looks as if you have a nice starting frame and some kick ass metab. So bulk your azz up, then cut it back down, you will be swoll....LOL

My stats. 5'9 1/2 153 lbs. Max bench 255.. squats deads N/A because of my leg, but my bests before my injury when i was at my peak weight of 163 were 275 squat and 335 dead. I've lost a lot of size in my legs, the doc thinks around 20%. But strangely enough i kept working my upper body and my bench has gone up. I have no idea what my BF is, haven't had it checked in a while. If i had to guess i'd say around 6-8%? Does that seem reasonable? Anyway, my diet today (and every day more or less) as follows:
    breakfast
    7 hard boiled egg whites, 2 yolks for omega 3 fatty acids
    2 bowls special K with skim
    OJ, 2 cups yogurt, multivitamin
    fruit of some sort

mid morning
    70 g protien shake

lunch
    2 slices pizza, or turkey sandwich, or sushi
    2 powerbar protien plus
    2 glasses skim milk

Preworkout
    low carb protien shake 30 g protien, banana

Dinner
    2 lbs of assorted meat (chicken beef pork or fish, depending on what dining hall has)
    2 hard boiled eggs, no yolks
    1 cup yogurt.
    fruit of some sort

Tonight's workout results:

dumbell rows: done leaning against dumbell rack instead of on workout bench due to knee
    10X70
    10X80
    6X90
    4X105

Lat pulldowns
    10X160
    10X170
    6X190
    5X190

abs for a break

Pullups, till failure +2 with spot

T-bar rows (can't do bent over or cable because of leg..)
    6X90
    4X120
    4X110

some more abs.

hammer curls on preacher(biceps shot already... )
    10X25
    8X30
    4X35

and i'm spent.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-16-2003 at 11:09 PM.

Chest/triceps

Flat bench
    10X135
    8X205
    4X235
    2X240

Incline Barbell
    165X10
    185X5
    185X4
    195X2

Lower abs

Dips weighted
    45X10
    55X6
    35X12

Pushdowns w/rope, wide wide spacing dropset
    80X6
    60X8
    40X13
    20X21

Cable flies.

Any input on problem areas, diet changes, workout suggestions or anything at all is more than welcome.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Hey your BF looks to be right around 8-9% prob more towards 8. Id put better food in your diet. Ditch the special K and get OATS! add some carbs to your mid-morning. ditch the skim and get 2%. or maybe even whole. Add a post-workout shake prob.50 protein...80 simple carbs. Then eat that dinner 1 hr later. Then add some protein and maybe 30 grams carbs before bed and some healthy fat.. PB does the trick.

thanks! Will do all of the above.

P.S. thanks for the re-size . OK your strength for your back is either really,really exceptional or your form is not in check... dont lean back into the lat pulldown, stay upright with a slight lean and your body should never come forward or back. Pull it down just under the chin hold and squeeze and let it back up, I tend not to fully extend because then it hits my biceps to much. Do not do abs everyday.. its just like any other muscle you want it to grow and stick out.. nothing like inch deep creavaces Try and up your reps on T-bar. And if your failing on biceps after 3 sets.. change them to another day... maybe 4-5 days later so you dont over train.

Your tri's look good and looks like you like working them out hu? just put that concentration towards other parts... do not do cable flys after you stopped doing chest... keep it all in order, put the flys before triceps and maybe do your abs last in the workout... make sure to post tomorrows workout and ill crituqe ya there k.

my strength for my back is really out of proportion to my size. I've rock climbed seriously for years, so i don't even use wrist wraps for 100+ lb dumbells when doing rows. Also, my posing needs a lot of work, so that back pic is pretty crappy. I get a lot of guys that'll complement me on my rows/pulldowns at the gym, a few headscratchers too.

pabmon is offline Junior Member
    When you start your cycle I would focus diet all on bulking. When you finish and go back to maintance (spelling) cals you will lean out without really trying.
    I'm the same, on a cycle right now not giving a shit about fat content, and still getting leaner while on.
    What works for one may not work for another though.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    great base you will blow up nice when you hit the test.
    good luck and keep us posted

Man, i hate nights off. i feel like i should be doing SOMETHING. tomorrow would be legs but instead it's shoulders.. BECAUSE I CAN'T DO ANY LEGS!
    starting to get frustrated with this knee.. maybe i'll hit the pool later tonight and do some walking to speed up the strengthening.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    no offense you look "Wierd" in the back pose. I mean i was wondering whats up. But you looking good. Make sure to each every two hours. Check my diet for ideas just add sh!t load of carbs. Once i be doing after i lose fat from injury hehe.
    Last edited by lethalppl; 09-18-2003 at 05:34 PM.

Lethal.... hey man Lighten up... I think there are plenty of other words out there that you could use besides "retarded"

bigolegs dude lighten up i just kidding like everyone else. we all have bad poses just having a laugh. Just like i look back at some of my younger pictures and wondering what was i thinking wearing that. You know. he looks good. maybe i did use the wrong word for those senstive types so i will edit to make them happy.

lol. nice try at editing. As for the back pose, so what? I don't know how to do a lat spread. I guess i'll stare at myself in an arrangement of several mirrors for a few hours and work it out. Or maybe instead, i'll do some reading into my diet, eat some food, and plan my goals for tomorrow's workout.

hehe no prob lethal im just a little on edge from the 8 day no carb run..... IT SUCKS!!!!

jesus, when's your show?
    and how the hell did you hit 2K on the sled on no carbs?????? crazy!
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-18-2003 at 05:53 PM.

on the 27th..... 9 days left... im homin in though and ill be good to go

great luck to you. I'm sure you'll do awesome.

devilman_1982 is offline New Member
    in my opinion (and thats all it is m8) I wouldnt even contemplate using any type of anabolic /androgenic steroids until u have a larger frame. You clearly havent reached your true potential and i should concentrate more on your diet. The use of steroids will be much more beneficial once your diet is right. If you are not careful, then u risk what 100's of other young bodybuilders do and basically fill up with water. u may look bigger for 6,8,12 weeks but if the correct amount of protein carbs and fats are not supplied then your actual muscles will not grow.

Just thought id say

Ya chris I put up 705 on my squat on a low-carb day also.... Its a mystery I just got into focus and thought about impressin my AR brotha's... hehe

hmmmmmmmm. But on the otherhand your just gonna do ita anyway, then you cant beat for the 1st cycle decca and dianabol . the test can come later.

im only 20 and for my 1st cycle ( ive done 3) i did 200mg decca for 8 weeks and 30mg of dianabol for 6 weeks. Through a good diet i gained just over a stone in weight and kept it. I went from 12.2 stone to 13.5 stone. no bullshit. if that goes ok (THEN) on the next cycle bring some test in. Good luck

Hey devil im trying to talk him outta doing a cycle... I just tell people im natural and there like "WHAT?!?!?"

ME again newbie. Just one last thing. I wouldnt do any lower reps than 6 on anything. on your most heavy set try and hit 6 reps on your own and let your spotter help you with an extra 1 or 2. in the end its not how much weight you can lift. its how good u look in the mirror!!

Talking

like I said bigol'legs i wouldnt do one if i was him. but if hes gonna do it he will and decca and dianabol are probably the safe bet.
    Last edited by devilman_1982; 09-18-2003 at 06:27 PM. Reason: fuked up on spelling

Quote Originally Posted by devilman_1982
    like I said gig'olegs i wouldnt do one if i was him. but if hes gonna do it he will and decca and dianabol are probably the safe bet.

"gig'olegs" edit please....

oh sorry m8 my mistake

hehe thanks man.... sorry im a little jumpy.

He's been doing a damn good job. I'm going to follow his advice to the T, and hopefully come the end of january, i'll know for sure that i don't need them just yet. I figure before i decide to take the plunge, to make sure i do it perfect for 5 months to make sure i can't grow any more.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-18-2003 at 06:46 PM.

New pic of back due to somebody's demand. I still don't know how to do a lat spread. sue me. this is from a lee priest style back double bi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting my Precycle training diary-im000397.jpg  

sorry for the spam, but i think i've got it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting my Precycle training diary-im000398.jpg  

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Dude,

VEry nice...impressive

Ok those look a lot better. you actually have nice back. I was not trying to be jerk just thought it looked funny so i pointed it out.

OHH YA someone get biglegs some carbs he going to rip some one head off soon JK... Looking good and putting up crazy wieghts like always too. Man alive your wife must be in heaven with all that testerone in house.(you know what i mean)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information