Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member

Whipping my friends into shape!

After whipping myself and my wife into shape… I have started helping other people to drop a few lbs and try to firm up at the same time… I am quite proud of the results! Both guys are in their mid 30’s Peter has been training for several years and Mark had not stepped foot into a gym since college… there are both shooting to see the single digit BF range…

Bill Philips, eat your heart out

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    How did you do it, what methods have you used both training and dieting??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

A combination of very serious dieting... along with pretty hardcore training... lots of ab work Nothing fancy supplement wise, 6 small meals, reasonable protein intake, little complex carbs and fats... In both cases all the weight loss was fat...

nynsb is offline Banned
    Dude I wish you were my friend, I work my tail off in the gym with cardio and weights and I can't lose a pound.
    I would love to have a friend commited to whipping me into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by nynsb
    Dude I wish you were my friend, I work my tail off in the gym with cardio and weights and I can't lose a pound.
    I would love to have a friend commited to whipping me into shape.
    It's all about the diet... email me [email protected]

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Avigdor
    It's all about the diet... email me [email protected]
    You're right diet is key......... you have done amazing things for you and your friends. Great work

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Andre, it's worth looking at your pics just to see "big explosion" comments that you insert in them

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    it's worth looking at your pics just to see "big explosion" comments that you insert in them
    Reminds me of used car sales ads in the newspaper. That aside, good job, you are obviously a man of results. I like that.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    you have a serious knack for this... you should consider training for money.

Quote Originally Posted by saint808
    you have a serious knack for this... you should consider training for money.
    I am thinking about it... the problem is that I have a decent job in the computer industry and could not afford to live on the money a personal trainer makes... Right now I am putting a portfolio together of people who I have helped... kind of like 'body for life' without all of Bill Philip's BS I would also not make a contest out of it, as everyone that succeed's at 'transforming themselves' is automatically a winner!

So far the only thing that rivals the feeling of satisfaction I got from 'transforming myself' is the feeling I get by helping people make a simmilar type of change in thier lives... Sounds stupid and corny, but it's true!

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    I am thinking about it... the problem is that I have a decent job in the computer industry and could not afford to live on the money a personal trainer makes... Right now I am putting a portfolio together of people who I have helped... kind of like 'body for life' without all of Bill Philip's BS I would also not make a contest out of it, as everyone that succeed's at 'transforming themselves' is automatically a winner!

So far the only thing that rivals the feeling of satisfaction I got from 'transforming myself' is the feeling I get by helping people make a simmilar type of change in thier lives... Sounds stupid and corny, but it's true!
    doesn't sound stupid at all... make it a side project and do it in your spare time. That's my problem with personal trainers on the whole. All of these fitness companies want you to be a saleman rather than a trainer and they want to pay you a small % of the profit. The training company at my gym pays you $6 a session if you are not certified and $12 a session if you are certified. funny thing is i think that maybe only 3 of them are certified... it pisses me off because they will offer their advice to people without being asked for it trying to drum up business. i told them if they ever got a bodybuilder as a trainer i might consider buying sessions but he would have ot be bigger than me first. Yeah it pissed them off... but i really hate pushy sales jerks that have stick legs trying to tell me i need their help.

Quote Originally Posted by saint808
    doesn't sound stupid at all... make it a side project and do it in your spare time. That's my problem with personal trainers on the whole. All of these fitness companies want you to be a saleman rather than a trainer and they want to pay you a small % of the profit. The training company at my gym pays you $6 a session if you are not certified and $12 a session if you are certified. funny thing is i think that maybe only 3 of them are certified... it pisses me off because they will offer their advice to people without being asked for it trying to drum up business. i told them if they ever got a bodybuilder as a trainer i might consider buying sessions but he would have ot be bigger than me first. Yeah it pissed them off... but i really hate pushy sales jerks that have stick legs trying to tell me i need their help.
    Well said!
    I have serious trouble taking advice from someone who has not figured out things for themselves... kind of like going to mechanic whose car does not work

LostUp is offline Associate Member

hey

Great work but I swear every one of your before after posts look like your trying to sell something, it's weird man!

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostUp
    Great work but I swear every one of your before after posts look like your trying to sell something, it's weird man!
    except that he's not! hehe, obviously if you wanna lose some weight fast this is the guy you need to talk to

hey andre, just out of curiosity, where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    except that he's not! hehe, obviously if you wanna lose some weight fast this is the guy you need to talk to

I am in Montreal...

Castro is offline New Member
    I can´t see the pics, but I would really much like to. Can you fix it?

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    no sh$t!! I am in vermont. Man i just sent you an e-mail help my fat ass please ?!?!?!.

nynsb is offline Banned
    Great results what am I doing wrong.
    I work out hard get stronger but can't lose weight or BF%

DIET DIET DIET

It's all about your diet... email me [email protected]

Mark just completed my 12 weeks program... I took his final shots this morning at the gym... I am pretty happy with the results... and so is he

The lighting was a little off... I will be reshooting some shots in the next couple of days...

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Amazing pics Andre! Your results speak for themselves!

But I'm even more amazed at how nynsb can make comments like these:

right after making comments like these:

What's up with the Belly???
    Having a little too much fun???
    Looks like you got too much sun and drank a little too much beer.
    Back to the Gym!!!

tatty is offline Member
    nynsb has always been an idiot here. i'm amazed he's still around with all the condescending shit about abs and love handles and whatnot.

btw, andre, great work with all your buddies. I should start trying to whip my friends into shape.

mammoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle

While I have alot of respect for Andre, I have to disagree about this. I PM'ed him awhile back and he did mention charging for his services. So personally I do believe that in a way he is advertising. Again, I mean no offense Andre.

I have already posted my own plan... if someone wants me to put together a plan for them, do you think I should be doing it for free?

ross3814 is offline Member
    how the hell do you have this "transformer" ranking on the board? you have 92 posts. newbie status.
    just curious

mammoth is offline Member
    I have already posted my own plan... if someone wants me to put together a plan for them, do you think I should be doing it for free?
    I never said you should be doing it for free. I commented on the fact that I do believe that some of your posts are a form of advertising. Don't get me wrong here. I have absolutely no problem with you posting results of your friends weightloss, however I have seen a good bro (swolecat) get criticized for doing the same thing. Just trying to look out for you is all. Post away!

Thread Information