farrar is offline New Member

Before and After...And Hello

Attached are my "before and after" pictures although I hate to use the word "after" as I feel like I am just getting started. I started weight training in April 2002 at 232 pounds and about 32% BF with a 40” waist standing 5’10” tall. The “after” picture was taken in August of 2003, 16 months later. I weighed 204 in that photo with estimates on my BF at 12-14%. Since that photo was taken, I have cut down some more to about 195 pounds.

I am just finishing my post cycle recovery and plan to start bulking January 4th, 2004. I had shoulder surgery in November to remove some spurs and some cartilage that resembled that of an 80-year old, or so my ortho doc said. I have been going to the gym some and lifting ridiculously light weights due to my shoulder recovery but am looking forward to hitting the gym hard and heavy in a few more weeks. After my surgery I could only use 10# DB for shoulder presses where I was using 75-80# before the surgery. Now, I am back up to 55-60# DB. It’s hard getting back in the gym after: 1.) Just having had surgery and 2.) being OFF cycle.

Looking forward to this forum, the New Year, and some gains in the gym!

Farrar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and After...And Hello-side_shorts.jpg   Before and After...And Hello-untitled2.jpg  

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    congrats on your previous and future results. wish you the best and good luck on getting back into the swing of things. welcome bro

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Very nice transformation. You look great now. A lot of hard work went in there, obviously. What was your previous cycle?

Btw, I know what ya mean about being off. It really sucks losing strength and weight post cycle.........terrible, terrible...I feel for ya bro. Anyway, I just got back on a week ago......eat your heart out !

Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    Very nice transformation. You look great now. A lot of hard work went in there, obviously. What was your previous cycle?

Btw, I know what ya mean about being off. It really sucks losing strength and weight post cycle.........terrible, terrible...I feel for ya bro. Anyway, I just got back on a week ago......eat your heart out !

My previous cycle was really several that ran from February 9th, 2003 until September of the same year. I started with QV Test Enanthate at 500 mg per week and QV Deca at 450 mg per week. After about 10 weeks, I upped the dosages to 1000mg and 600mg respectively. Then, around July, I went with 500mg of Test Enanthate weekly and 80mg of Fina EOD to lean out some. I was eating 12 cals per pound {about 2,350 cals daily} on a 60/25/15 split of protein, carbs, and fat.

My post recovery after such a long cycle has been great. I used Clomid at 300mg on day #1, 200mg on day#2, and 100mg daily for an additional 26 days. I also used Nolvadex at 20mg daily and Arimidex at ½ mg EOD. I only lost about 6 pounds throughout my post. So…. long cycling seems to be my plan from now on. I plan on staying on about 30-36 weeks and then coming off cycle for about 16-20 weeks. Helps, in my case, reduce the roller coaster effect. My first ever cycle was in April of 2002. It was nothing but Sustanon at 500mg for 12 weeks. I actually blew up in size but lost everything due to ignorance on post cycle planning. I lost about 20 pounds then.

All I know is that at 42 years old, I feel like a 21 year old after losing the weight and starting bodybuilding. I am really looking forward to my January 2004 bulking cycle.

Farrar

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Wow. 30-36 weeks is a long fu(kin cycle bro! The longest I've done so far is 13 weeks. Sounds like you had a good diet plan. For your next bulker, ever try dbol ? I think you'd love the rapid weight/strength gains. Lower back pumps suck, but I love stepping on the scale and gaining a pound every day. I'm curious, when you came off this past year, did you keep your cals the same? At 2,350, I'd have shrunk to a string bean!
    Last edited by pumpseeker; 12-08-2003 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    Wow. 30-36 weeks is a long fu(kin cycle bro! The longest I've done so far is 13 weeks. Sounds like you had a good diet plan. For your next bulker, ever try dbol ? I think you'd love the rapid weight/strength gains. Lower back pumps suck, but I love stepping on the scale and gaining a pound every day. I'm curious, when you came off this past year, did you keep your cals the same? At 2,350, I'd have shrunk to a string bean!
    No...when I came off I increased cals to about 3100 which is my maintenance level.

Have tried dbol and A-bombs but prefer Fina for quick strength gains and little water retention. Having been 50 pounds overweight most of my life, I like to keep the bloat down when possible.

Farrar

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farrar
    My post recovery after such a long cycle has been great.
    really? that statement has me considering...(longer cycles). i'm honestly scared to death of perma limp dick or something, i think i'd be a nervous wreck doing a 36 weeker...

how were your side effects? i got some nasty sides (body acne, and bloody sh-t) from my 13 weeker.

also, being a a bit older than me, i'd like to ask your opinion on a long cycle's effect on your health. steroids are known to expidite cancer, right? for the 13 weeks that i was on, and even now in PCT, i still freak out that i got colon cancer, prostate cancer, etc...=P

thanks for your info and great transformation.

-- clocky

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your transformation was great bro..........good luck with the up coming cycle.

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    Just found your thread and wanted to congratulate you upon your progress. I hope as you progress, you will share your routine/diets. Also, I wish you well in desire to be Microsoft certify (I guess MCSE). Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by solarisdude45
    Just found your thread and wanted to congratulate you upon your progress. I hope as you progress, you will share your routine/diets. Also, I wish you well in desire to be Microsoft certify (I guess MCSE). Good Luck!
    Thanks guys. I am finally over shoulder surgery and have started back on a cycle of 1 gram of Test and 450mg of deca . Diet is 18 calories per pound on a 50/35/15 split of protein,carbs, and fat.Attached is a copy of my daily diet.

I train 5 days per week at 45-60 minutes per session doing 5 exercises per body part and 3-4 sets on each exercise.. Schedule is:

Monday Chest
    Tuesday Back
    Wednesday Shoulders
    Thurday Legs
    Friday Bis and Tris

On the MCSE...I am already an MCSE in NT 4.0 and like only 1 exam being certified in W2K but, alas, the job market is so bad now in this field that I must stay in my manufacturing job.

Thanks Again for the Congrats,

Farrar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by farrar; 12-30-2003 at 03:22 PM.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Nice improvement !! congrats...

Thanks for sharing you diet plan and congratulations on the MCSE achievement.

KSgator is offline New Member

Exclamation Wow great job

Very nice work bro. I know you came in here looking for people to help ya BUT lol can give me some...lol I am 5'8", 190+-5lbs., I am prob. like 10% or so fat, 26 years old I like my size (would like to be bigger but wife will not let me lol). Any ways what did ya do to drop the "beer belly"? I would just like to get toned up??
    And anyone that can help would be great! I have Primobolan depot to help what will be my best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by KSgator
    Very nice work bro. I know you came in here looking for people to help ya BUT lol can give me some...lol I am 5'8", 190+-5lbs., I am prob. like 10% or so fat, 26 years old I like my size (would like to be bigger but wife will not let me lol). Any ways what did ya do to drop the "beer belly"? I would just like to get toned up??
    And anyone that can help would be great! I have Primobolan depot to help what will be my best bet?
    I did 4 miles on an eliptical machine 4-5 days per week at 5:00 a.m. on an empty stomach waiting at least two hours after my "jog" to eat. I did the 4 miles at a pace of about 11:30 per mile since it took 45 minutes to do the entire 4 miles.

Then, I took my own ECA stack which was 5mg of Yohimbine {emphasis on yohimbine NOT yohimbe}, 50 mg of ephedrine, and 400 mg of caffeine 3 times a day at 4:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., and 2:30 p.m.

Most importanly, my diet was set at 10 calories per pound on a 50/30/20 split of protein, carbs, and fat with little or no carbs after 6:00 p.m.

Farrar

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    MCSE's are a dime a dozen. So many people have them that now there is no advantage in job wage to have one. They now have the MCSA which is like regarded by employers as being the same but its only 1/5 as hard as the MCSE to get, now every kid coming out of high school is getting MCSA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    MCSE's are a dime a dozen. So many people have them that now there is no advantage in job wage to have one. They now have the MCSA which is like regarded by employers as being the same but its only 1/5 as hard as the MCSE to get, now every kid coming out of high school is getting MCSA's.
    Yeah...I still laugh and shake my head when I see ads in the local paper offering courses to aide in passing the 6 or 7 exams for the MCSE for ONLY $9000-$10000. A friend who went through the same course went to a job fair in Denver where they told him that "no 4-year degree" plus " less than 4 years experience" = NO JOB. I spent 9800.00 myself on tuition, about 500.00 for 2 computers to network to the one I already had, 900.00 for an MSDN subscription to get all the software I needed, and countless funds paid to Prometric to take those God-Awful exams! Not to mention I had to drive 150 miles round trip every Saturday to sit in a classroom from 8:00-5:00 p.m. I did get an coat with the MCSE Systems Engineer logo displayed on the jacket that only an MCSE could get. When people ask how much the coat set me back, I tell them "about $11,000"!

Farrar

Billon is offline Junior Member
    How much have you lost? 10 years!?

Quote Originally Posted by farrar
    Yeah...I still laugh and shake my head when I see ads in the local paper offering courses to aide in passing the 6 or 7 exams for the MCSE for ONLY $9000-$10000. A friend who went through the same course went to a job fair in Denver where they told him that "no 4-year degree" plus " less than 4 years experience" = NO JOB. I spent 9800.00 myself on tuition, about 500.00 for 2 computers to network to the one I already had, 900.00 for an MSDN subscription to get all the software I needed, and countless funds paid to Prometric to take those God-Awful exams! Not to mention I had to drive 150 miles round trip every Saturday to sit in a classroom from 8:00-5:00 p.m. I did get an coat with the MCSE Systems Engineer logo displayed on the jacket that only an MCSE could get. When people ask how much the coat set me back, I tell them "about $11,000"!

Farrar
    I wouldn't consider it a waste ....most companies are not hiring IT professional and are outsourcing IT departments. I think (if interested) you need to consider the possibility of being a contractor or working for a small company that supplies IT skills.

Don't give up...

Thread Information