Thread: Bad Genetics?

abercrom1892 is offline New Member

Bad Genetics?

I am currently 18 years old and have been working out for 16 months. Im 6'1 175 pounds. Im trying to bulk up to 185 as soon as i can. My question my pecs are really high up on my chest is that just bad genetics? Any other comments or questions would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bad Genetics?-ana.jpg   Bad Genetics?-ana2.jpg   Bad Genetics?-me-back.jpg  
    Last edited by abercrom1892; 11-09-2003 at 10:23 PM.

BigBow is offline Junior Member
    not bad, but you are not any where near 6.2 bf%

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i wouldn't say you have bad genetcis

Quote Originally Posted by BigBow
    but yeah that bf% is nowhere near 6%.not knocking you at all just saying whoever tested it fucked up

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Do you have any measurements, chest arms, quads? good work tho

i had my bf mesaured at my local gym it was a hand held thing i thought it was off to sorry for that then. Arms are just under 16" chest is about 44"

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBow
    Looks like he is about 10-11% BF. To be below 9% you need to have a 6 pack that doesnt need flexing to show, its just there whatever you are doing.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abercrom1892
    I am currently 18 years old and have been working out for 16 months. Im 6'1 175 pounds. Im trying to bulk up to 185 as soon as i can. My question my pecs are really high up on my chest is that just bad genetics? Any other comments or questions would be appreciated.
    Your lats on your back could use some work (pull down bar). I am 5'11" holding at 182 lbs right now and just under 15 inch arms but the weight on me is in my lats - this is what helps give that V-shape appearance. Whats nice is the lats are very fast bulkers/growers when doing the proper form workout on those muscles and you can net lots of fast and easy weight gain if you work them more.

Cool you know how to pose your arms/shoulders. Not everyone knows your fists are supposed to be back to a level of about your ears, makes you show off arm muscles more then holding your arms somewhat forward of your face.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 11-10-2003 at 07:20 AM.

Still was wondering is there anything i can do to make my pecs lower on my chest? I do a lot of incline to build the top..rarely do decline.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem with my chest. A long torso only accentuates this too. But, you don't have bad genetics. Actually, you've got a good frame to start bulking on. You need to hit your chest from ALL angles to make it complete. Incline, flat, decline presses, dips, flyes, etc. Keep busting your ass in the gym, eat, and stay natty for now.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    There is no way you can change the insertion points of your pectoral muscles. We all have good parts and not so good. I don't believe your chest ;ooks bad at all. Look at pumpseeker. If you have the same type of chest as him you can see what potential you have. As far as exercises I'd say you upper pecs need to be thickened up. While this won't make you pecs lower on you body it will give an appearence of a longer muscle. Wide grip inclines are the absolute best for that. They will also help thicken up your front delt. In 3 months you should see very noticable size and thickness.

Thread Information