Thread: Neck Size?

Devourer is offline Senior Member

Neck Size?

i was just reading through some of the posts and neck size was brought up. i was just wondering what the size is of everyones neck, including current weight and height? post up some pics if possible!
    i'm @185 5'9 with a 20.5 inch neck.

simplyjakked is offline Member
    last i measured i was 19.3/4" neck but that was over the summer and 20lbs ago! just saw friends over thanksgiving i hadnt seen in a while and they claim i have no neck!LOL i am currently 5'8" 220lbs.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    unflexed 18.5 flexed 19.5

BDTR is offline Retired
    WHats a neck?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    WHats a neck?
    YEah, what is a neck....

BDTR cracks me up! so whats the measurements around the traps BDTR?

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i used to have a neck.......long long time ago

BDTR is offline Retired
    God i dont even know... im guessing 25 or so flexed.

FROST is offline Associate Member
    I am 16, weight is about 150, and my neck is 17 5/16. that a 5/16 gain in about 2 weeks, incase anyone read my older thread and it says 17.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    my neck is about 18 1/5 flexed, just easured it now, wimpy I know... Thats good progress... I think I mentioned my neck size in your old post too. Don't remember whatit was ten tho, 18+ I think I said. BDTR, I'd be interested to know what your neck size is for sure, if your right thats HUGE!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostUp
    my neck is about 18 1/5 flexed, just easured it now, wimpy I know... Thats good progress... I think I mentioned my neck size in your old post too. Don't remember whatit was ten tho, 18+ I think I said. BDTR, I'd be interested to know what your neck size is for sure, if your right thats HUGE!
    185# here and just measured mine... my tape measure said 15.5 but I only comfortably wear a 16.5 to 17 inch shirt collar size (buttoned for tie). I thought my neck had been getting bigger on steroids , I was self measuring 14 to 14.5 before my cycle, which I am on 10th week now. I gotta go see how that affects my navy method body fat percentage since neck size is factored in their calculations. My measurements are unflexed.

pal
    pal is offline Junior Member
    14 inch neck **** dude.. I'm 14 not sure weight before i was sick i was about 160 and 17 inch neck

pal
    pal is offline Junior Member
    oh **** nvm not 17 like 15 1/2

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    God i dont even know... im guessing 25 or so flexed.

wo bdtr your neck is the same size as your legs!!! just playing bro

Mine only measures 18.5 unflexed... something I gotta work on!

Quote Originally Posted by pal
    14 inch neck **** dude.. I'm 14 not sure weight before i was sick i was about 160 and 17 inch neck
    If I am not mistaken, neck size directly reflects your frame size. Different size bone frame is why some people look shredded with 4% body fat with 36 inch waists and others have to have 31 inch waist to achieve same body fat percentage. ALso each of our ideal "well built" weight is different. Some people look like they have twice the muscle at 180 lbs then a big framed guy weighing 230 lbs. I think this is why neck and waist size are factored in the navy method for determining body fat.

On the other hand I am not sure we are all measuring the neck the same way. Its supposed to be measured in a v shape as the color of a t-shirt and not like a choker neckless... The chest is also a place that can have misleading measurements. I believe its supposed to be measured at nipple level and level across back and over shoulderblades. You can measure short if you drop the back down below shoulderblades.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    I measured mine like a choker, does that mean it's realy bigger? Cuz that would be super!

Ya right across the ol' adams apple sounds about the right spot to measure it.

choker style

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    On the other hand I am not sure we are all measuring the neck the same way. Its supposed to be measured in a v shape as the color of a t-shirt and not like a choker neckless....
    Because i measured mine across my adams apple, does that mean it is actually larger than 17 5/16? Did some of us measure incorectly?

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    227, neck 19" unflexed........ I dont know how to flex my neck

Quote Originally Posted by LostUp
    I measured mine like a choker, does that mean it's realy bigger? Cuz that would be super!
    I think its measured choker style but measuring tape supposed to rest along collar bone and not across adam's apple... This is where the Navy method wants the neck to be measured at so the measurement is supposed to double for necksize/collarsize for shirts.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    how do you get your neck bigger? I'm 18" at 6'0 240... I think that is small!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I think its measured choker style but measuring tape supposed to rest along collar bone and not across adam's apple... This is where the Navy method wants the neck to be measured at so the measurement is supposed to double for necksize/collarsize for shirts.
    well if you measure down that low.... im like 22 inches... its supposed to be choker style...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenFloyd
    how do you get your neck bigger? I'm 18" at 6'0 240... I think that is small!
    Ouch... the thought of working out neck.... well I broke my neck in auto accident in 1995 and I avoid things that can aggrevate that old injury. The doctors still see excessive movement of vertibrae in their sockets of the neck and tell me that cant believe I am not in excrusiating pain when I move my neck. What they see in my x-rays alone could have earned me lifetime dissability without having to testify that my neck hurts but guess what? It really dont hurt one bit, never cashed in any fake insurance claims or law suits on it... in fact I put a new roof on my house ALONE just 5 months after the accident but I guess after that it did start hurting enough for about a year that I had to quit working out... I was 190# back then and the lack of working out let me drop my weight down to embarrassing low levels that I am still trying to rebuild to.

Neck machine, do it four ways. YOur neck will get bigger. Or if you do not have the resource of a neck machine do the excercise with a partner manually. Again, if you don't want to use a partner then u could use a heavy theraband and rotate. By the way 19 1/2 here, almost 20 if you measure around collar.

Whatcha gonna do brother.......

Nilsson is offline Associate Member
    20,5 flexed and 18,5 relaxed. Still a teenager.

18 inches relaxed 20.5 flexed

Thread Information