Pics after one year

here is one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics after one year-matt-body-014-email.jpg  

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Uhhh. I really cant say anything because you didnt put stats of how you were before a year ago. For all I know, you could look exactly the same.
    Any pics before a year ago?
    I dont even know your age.

Ok ok. Enough with the niceness. Here is my observation if you have been working out for a year and you decided to put your pic up for observation.
    My view is you put all your emphasis on your arms and nothing else. Need more def in lats traps and back.

Good luck.

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    Same sort of comment dude,
    looks like u have been focusing on ur arms,
    lower back could use some work.

-Sean

here are some more, I wish they could be bigger
    Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 03-01-2004 at 12:04 PM.

one more
    Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 03-01-2004 at 12:03 PM.

ya..so what are some good exercises for my lower back?

oh ya, and I work all body parts the same, same intensity, same amount of time ect ect. Arms must be the good spot?

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    DEADLIFTS!!! but seriously you can tell with some more time your frame will really fill out.

Other pics help. You look wider from the front.
    Just because you work all parts the same doesnt mean they will all grow the same. Some parts need more attention. You have good potential.

Areas to work HARDER than the rest.
    Chest
    Abs
    Back: Rows, deads.

RoChamp is offline New Member
    more attention doesn't always mean harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RoChamp
    more attention doesn't always mean harder.
    What is your definition of "MORE ATTENTION" since you are trying to pick apart my post?
    Does more attention mean, call it on the phone more often? Send it flowers. Write it letters and say "you care"

Pay more attention to the muscle group by working it harder than the ARMS since his arms are growing faster than his other body parts apparently. He says he works them all the same. So with that information he should work his other areas HARDER (more) while paying MORE ATTENTION to them.

Maybe my arms are growing more becasue I work them less. I have always done less sets for my arms....bi and tris.......becuase they are a smaller mucsle group.

You see, for ever I was doing 14-16 (mostly 16) sets...heavy sets till, most till failure. per body part. I think I have overtrained myself pretty seriously as every 3 rd day in the gym.....I barely make it...really worn out. So Im lifting light right now and will be experiementing with less sets in the future.

Ya, abs are a weak spot for sure. and the calves. anadrol .....**** bro, I love deads, but my lower back is absolutey horrible, I pretty much can't do em.
    I love stiff leg deads as well, but....same deal. Really sucks.

Yeah, but abs are easy to chissel out. I bust em out in spring when they are needed. Keep up the good work though. It shows you put effort towards a workout.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    whats wrong with the back? strengthening it can help lower back problems.

It can also lead to just inflamation and making a problem worse.

What do you think body fat is ?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    Maybe my arms are growing more becasue I work them less. I have always done less sets for my arms....bi and tris.......becuase they are a smaller mucsle group.

You see, for ever I was doing 14-16 (mostly 16) sets...heavy sets till, most till failure. per body part. I think I have overtrained myself pretty seriously as every 3 rd day in the gym.....I barely make it...really worn out. So Im lifting light right now and will be experiementing with less sets in the future.
    There are sets and reps... I would think 14 to 16 reps, then you do 3 to 5 "sets" of 14 to 16 reps. I prefer 5 sets, gets more results for me and burns more fat then the 3 sets.

Also I think you dont want to work every muscle group to exhaustion more then 2 times a week. You want to make sure you are fully healed before next workout day and not still sore... some people actually prefer to do 1 workout per muscle group a week, work it out extremely hard so it takes the full week to heal (and grow) from each workout. Overtraining tears down the muscles.

Also sometimes a weight set alone isnt the best thing for someone lifting weights in a garage without direction from a trainer or workout buddy with proper training. A multi-exercise "machine" can be used without the need of a spotter or assistence to maintain proper form and safety and also these machines can help you hit hard to reach muscles that you dont quite know how to workout correctly with a dumbell set. A pull down bar on a weight machine and various leg exercises are done quite well on a garage workout machine and dont be suprised that a pull down bar on a machine can develop out your lats and traps almost faster then you can get out of your arms with preacher curls. My machine in my garage did a better job at developing out my lower back and lats then it did anything else so I am almost now becoming out of purportion with back somewhat better developed then all other areas. But anyways working out the back is what you are most deficient in so now you know what might help. Also I believe chin ups on an overhead bar also workout back muscles quite a bit.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Not bad bro, just work on the back and abs some. Keep eating and lifting hard, good luck!

Thanks... what do you think bodyfat is? roughly.

ya, a year ago I was a fat ass 230 pounds and hadn't hit the gym for years. Not to bad for 1 year I don't think. If it wasn't for this website, it would have never happened though. thanks again AR!

Thread Information