Check out my old pics from last May:
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=52422

About Me:
    -20 yrs old
    -pics 10 months later
    -now 180-185lbs
    -still 5'8

Training Since Last:
    -dicked around in summer with weights (playing football)
    -in fall got more serious
    -used to train 3-4 days week (1:back/bis, 2:chest/tris, 3:shoulders/legs, 4:whatever i feel like
    -as of late trying new split (1:chest, 2:back, 3:legs, 4:guns, 5:shoulders)

Diet Since Last:
    -finally started eating more protein, hitting my body weight in grams
    -just started back on creatine (forgot how much I liked it!)
    -put on bit of fat (as you can see! not to concerned about looking cut during this digusting canadian winter)
    -i am still in college and consequently get drunk alot, I try and work my workouts around drinking habits
    -i still eat alot of junk, but at least now when I go to McDonald's I eat 2 grilled chickens as apposed to some other ****
    -no AS!

Where I think I need work:
    -guns definetely need to get bigger
    -legs as well
    -would like wider lats (help!)

Please flame away Lol, criticism boys!

I have my training log all in Microsoft Excel for last September, October, November. If you want to look at it let me know and I can email it.

Dannce Bit**
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 months later-100_0580.jpg   10 months later-100_0582.jpg   10 months later-100_0587.jpg   10 months later-100_0590.jpg   10 months later-100_0591.jpg  

Last edited by RP7; 01-14-2004 at 11:55 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I might get **** for this, but I'm just being honest. I think you look better in the pics from last May.

Your chest looks more developed in May. Sure you aren't flexing in this one and you have your arms back which causes the pecs to not look their fullest, but still.

Your legs look the same.

Your back does look a little thicker. You do have nice lats (the back / double bi pose in May is impressive for someone your age).

I know this makes me sound like a prick, but I'm just being honest.

But definitely keep up the working out. At your age you're gonna start adding 10 pounds a year naturally. I know I did until I was 22. You'll stop growing in height and start getting thicker.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    id just hit up some compound lifts if i were you. i think you have more room to grow with the basics.

thickmass is offline Member
    Have to agree, there are little or no changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 months later-2b.jpg   10 months later-1b.jpg  

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Wow they're right, thats crazy stuff. I wonder what is going wrong here. First thing that came to my mind was intensity, then eating habbits. Anyway you don't look too bad, all you need is more size here and there obviously.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    No offense taken...

My strength sure is up, especially in the shoulders.

Also, now that I'm attempting to get the diet in order, and my alocholic friend has moved out of my house, hoepfully gains will start coming.

A severe problem for me has always been overtraining. Sometimes I woull get so pumped up for working out that I'd be counterproductive... oh the irony.

Thanks for the comments, just gives me something to work to.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Here's a back double bi comparison...

You guys are right, not much has changed. Time to give'r

Just remembered: On the flip side, in the May pictures I had a pump from my workout still (dirty move eh). Now I feel a little better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 months later-comparedoublebi.jpg  
    Last edited by RP7; 01-15-2004 at 12:14 PM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thickmass
    Have to agree, there are little or no changes.
    Yep you are going backwards, better tanned pictures on left side, definately bigger biceps, triceps, whiter skin looks like fat has been gained.

Reality is, I think the tanned pictures is fresh after workout pump and white winter skinned pictures looks like cold muscles just after waking up from a nap or something. The no pump on more recent photo and hot pump on the older photos really makes it looks like you have gotten lazy since summer and not working out anymore and loosing some of your muscle definition.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    No offense taken...

My strength sure is up, especially in the shoulders.

Also, now that I'm attempting to get the diet in order, and my alocholic friend has moved out of my house, hoepfully gains will start coming.

A severe problem for me has always been overtraining. Sometimes I woull get so pumped up for working out that I'd be counterproductive... oh the irony.

Thanks for the comments, just gives me something to work to.
    Are you working out on your own? Have you ever had PE class on BB in high school or advice from personal trainer? You look softer and this just doesnt look like overtraining. Surely the big key is workout each muscle group no more then twice a week (especially for someone in your shape), and keep workouts during a day limited to 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. Do cario on separate day from weights. What is your basic set/rep scheme?

How many sets can you do and are the weights challenging enough? You want to try to reach 85%, 90%, 95% and 100% exhaustion level at the end of each set respectively in 4 sets.

In otherwords, warm up; then your first set of 15 reps (lifts) be at 85% exhaustion at the end, take 45 sec break, then next 15 reps on set #2 should get you to 90% muscle exhaustion and, 3rd set get 95% exhaustion, 4th set you should be totally exhausted and unable to lift one more time somewhere between 9 and 15 reps. Select weights that fit this profile. This for me is mostly the formula for arms and chest. For legs I hav a terrible time getting exhaustion levels because my legs have my body's best endurance so here I increase reps to 20 or 25 reps and 5 to 6 sets, maybe more would be appropriate there. You look a tad bit fatter in the more recent picture so I dont think you have a diet problem.

Also every 2 or 3 week, try increasing weights, at first you might not feel ready to handle next weight but you adapt quickly, on increased weight, lift what you can even if reps are short, try to maintain the 4 to 5 sets, after a healing period on your next workout you should be adapted to the new heavier weight. If you stay on lifting the same weights too long, your gains actually reverse and muscles shrink a tad because you are not challenging them enough and muscles always try to be as trim and small as necessary to do the job, no more.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 01-15-2004 at 01:12 PM.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    In evaluating my training routine closely my conclusions are:
    -I've plateaued (spelling?) in my routine training - I've not really been mixing it up
    -instinctive training is not working for me (nor most people for that matter)
    -my intensity has dropped off (boredom?)
    -I have now switched to my new split hoping for results

I took my training log from excel and copied it over to.txt format. If anyone has the time, a review would be much appreciated!!!

Once again, thanks for the help gents
    Attached Files Attached Files

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Here's my new log I started for January (only 3 workouts so far included)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, u do look so similar in both pis... The ones from last may ur more tan so that might alter it a bit...

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    i can see the diff in the back dbl bis... like lostup says - intensity and eat big bro. keep bangin.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    you looked al ittle darker in the first pics. that can change the appearance too

Thread Information