Thread: 8 weeks left...

dangit is offline Member

8 weeks left...

I've got 8 weeks left before the show. Diets going pretty good. I've noticed that my vascularity and pump are gone to crap so I upped my carbs a bit compared to what it was. I also dropped a lot of weight right at first so my diet was a wee bit too strict. I seem to be on target compared to were I was last year. I ended up peaking just at the right time then and I hope I can do the same this time.

I've only been doing cardio after my workouts at night, but I think I'll be changing it to morning sessions like last year for the last two months.

I'm still having problems with my lats, but my calves have come right along since I've been hitting them like a madman 3-4 times a week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211639-11%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211639-16%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211639-25%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211739-38%5D.jpg  

dangit is offline Member
    couple more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211739-51%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211739-57%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211839-63%5D.jpg   8 weeks left...-image%5B0202-211839-69%5D.jpg  

dangit is offline Member
    Umm... I could probably use a tan too. It's weird, but I've noticed that my right leg isn't as defined as my left leg. Not quite sure what that's all about. It's not like I play any sports or anything. I'm going to have to work on getting more seperation in my right leg I guess.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Diet is coming along very nicely Dangit. Looking good.

moush is offline Senior Member
    dam bro your huge.....awesome thickness...i want that "3-D" look to my muscles nicely rounded and hard looking

NPC of RI is offline New Member
    I can't get over the improvement you've made in a years time with that much quality mass added - share some secrets ...

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    you look small you work out sometimes??? JK you are one thick mofo, whats your body fat if you had to guess? Looking good bro!

dangit is offline Member
    Well I learned how to eat right the last two years. I used to eat pretty often, but I'd never have 6 real meals a day. Now I do all the time and never miss them. I also started adding a protein drink between meals when I was bulking. I was going through a 5lbs jug of protein every two weeks during my bulking phase on top of the meals I was eating. I found out that diet is just as important when bulking as when dieting.

I think my bodyfat is around 9% now. I did a caliper test on it last Friday and it came out to that. I've still got a ways to go though. I think I'll end up loosing another 10lbs to get to were I want to be cut wize. I would be nice to stay at my weight and just loose some fat

Another thing I did this year is hit my legs like crazy. I always do 2 dif kind of leg presses (squats and presses or squats and hacks) and do like 6+ sets of each on top of my other leg stuff. I thought I'd end up overtraining, but they just ended up growing. Goes to show ya how much beating your legs can take. You can thanks Pete for showing me the light He's the one that started me up on heavy squats and hacks.

I'm taking prop right now every two days and might add something else to it for the next month, but haven't decided yet. I'll definatly do some winny the last month. I was going to do clen , but have only been taking an ECA stack and it's working pretty good.

I'm rambling... thanks guys... **** dieting is a bit rough at times, but it's all worth it when you get onstage. Not like we'll ever be pros, but it's fun to pretend sometimes

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dangit
    Goes to show ya how much beating your legs can take. You can thanks Pete for showing me the light He's the one that started me up on heavy squats and hacks.
    Yeah, well I'm sure my legs took just as much, if not more, of a **** kicking after our leg sessions!! Do you know how many times I was tempted to take the elevator up stairs after a leg session?? Seriously, Dangit has an incredible physique and strong work ethic in the gym. I told him last fall that I felt he could win the LH class at this years Provincials if he showed up in shape.

dangit is offline Member
    Well I don't know about winning, but I hope to get in the top three... I'd love to be able to go in a posedown. Just one of those things you think about when you're 16 and lifting weights... ha ha...

There is always a tuff bunch in the light heavy class and this year will probably be no different.

As long as I come in tight and don't look like an idiot, then I'll be happy

You're turn next year Pete

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dangit
    As long as I come in tight and don't look like an idiot, then I'll be happy

You're turn next year Pete
    I suppose your placing will depend on the strength of the competition...if ML who placed 2nd last year is there again this year he'll be a tough nut to crack. I'll be shocked if you don't place top 3.

As far as next year, that's the plan brotha...just gotta stick to the one year plan!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You look great for 8 weeks out from the show........... Good luck!

dangit is offline Member
    Yeah, that guy that placed 2nd was a real freak He was shredded to the bone and could easilly had 1st. I'm sure he's improved this year again... maybe I'll be lucky and he put on 10lbs of muscle and will be bumped into the heavy weights

Umm.... I think I'm going to start that morning cardio... ha ha... I forgot all about that dude that placed 2nd. Now if only I can get my glutes shreded too, then maybe I'll have a shot

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Looking good! may I ask.... how tall are you?

jeromecody is offline New Member
    hey great info you guys,

dangit is offline Member
    You shouldn't go asking for sources on here.... You'll get flamed big time and also get tons of scammers sending ya pms wanting your money

No legit source is just going to send a pm to a new member that he doesn't know.

dangit is offline Member
    I'm 5.6-5.7". Not very tall at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Justincase
    Looking good! may I ask.... how tall are you?

jeromecody is offline New Member

Post true

i have heard about that,,i think i will just stick to the old fashion way and just hit the gym and train right,,this **** is to hard to get,,good work on your time in th gym,,how long did it take you to get your size

Maroon is offline Junior Member
    Looking pretty good for being just 8 weeks out. You're really going to look impressive come contest time. Good luck!

Maroon

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hey bro, your looking good and should be ready for the show.

now for some crituqe... I can tell your right handed by the way your posing your side chest shots.. your showing more "confidence" on the right side. Practice ONLY left side for a week straight, cause you have the right side down

and on your abs-thigh pose... bring your legs closer together, dont stick one out to the side.

your right about your lats.. but your cutting,so you'll have to wait for bulking again to bust em out.

Bro, your looking good, and should do GREAT in your show. (ps, ever try my leg shockers?) haha... sensless plug....

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromecody
    hey great info you guys,,hey im trying to get some good simple gear with good prices and effective,,who knows where to get some and also looking to get the gear that will take me from 230-to-245 within 6 weeks
    Am I the only one who just read that?

dangit is offline Member
    I mentioned something to him about. Not the best thing to post...

Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    Am I the only one who just read that?

dangit is offline Member
    Thanks for the info man. And no I haven't tried your crazy leg workout latley... I don't think I need to pass out at this time. I'm having a hard enough time working out with the lowered carb intake

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    hey bro, your looking good and should be ready for the show.

now for some crituqe... I can tell your right handed by the way your posing your side chest shots.. your showing more "confidence" on the right side. Practice ONLY left side for a week straight, cause you have the right side down

and on your abs-thigh pose... bring your legs closer together, dont stick one out to the side.

your right about your lats.. but your cutting,so you'll have to wait for bulking again to bust em out.

Bro, your looking good, and should do GREAT in your show. (ps, ever try my leg shockers?) haha... sensless plug....

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Dangit you look awesome bro, and inspirational for short guys like me (5'8).

I was wondering (if any) cycle history you have?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Lookin good bro...

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Looking awesome. You will hit the peak my the time of your show.
    What are your leg training sessions like. Can you share with the board your typical bulking workout for legs.
    Thanks
    Good luck with the show

Thumbs up

Looking awesome. You will hit the peak my the time of your show.
    What are your leg training sessions like. Can you share with the board your typical bulking workout for legs.
    Thanks
    Good luck with the show

dangit is offline Member
    I usually start by doing leg extensions for a warmup

then do 6 or more sets of squats.... 1 set with 2 plates a side, then start going up from there. My last set is 2 plates a side too, but I rep out as many as I can. So 4 real heavy sets.

Then it's leg presses or hacks. Same thing really... 6 or so sets. the first is a warmup set, then 4 good sets, then a high rep set.

then I do hamstrings, then leg extensions again, but with as much weight as I can handle.

I don't do calves with legs anymore. I used to be too spent by the end and that's why they didn't grow. I know do them on days off and after my shoulder workout and whenever I can fit them in. so about 4 times a week and they've grown from that.

I think it's pretty much impossible to overtrain legs in one session. I'd be puking before that would happen

This isn't as crazy as Big'ol legs workouts, but it works for me

I also always do deads with my back workout which also helps out my hams I guess. My back workout is around 3 days after legs so my hams are good to go then.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude very impressive. I only wish my legs looked like that...my Gawd...keep up thye good work.

Thanks Dangit

I will have to give that workout a try...

Thread Information