hybridbmw is offline New Member

New member, still have a LONG way to go

Well guys, this is my 2nd post and to be honest i have never taken or shown anyone a pic of myself without my shirt on because of how self conscious i have been.

Some stats:
    I'm almost 20, 5'9, I weighed 248lbs 2 months ago, and i am now down to 225lbs while still lifting much more than i was 2 months ago. (225lbs on bench 2 times as of yesterday). I'm not really a newbe to lifting, 2 years ago in HS i weighed 190lbs and was fairly thick, but nowhere near as broad or strong as i am now.

I get alot of comments on how large my arms are. It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but i think they are pretty large. I should probably measure them sometime in the future to see how they compare to everyone elses. I would really like to add some more muscle mass and tone up more. Anyway, here are the pics... Hope everyone can give me some constructive criticism!

Oh yeah, i know the pics arent the greatest, but its the best i could do since i live on my own and have nobody to take pics of me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member, still have a LONG way to go-before1.jpg   New member, still have a LONG way to go-before2.jpg   New member, still have a LONG way to go-before.jpg  

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    That's awesome bro. You lost almost 30lbs in 2 months?! That's some serious discipline and training. You have the size there bro, just stick to what you're doing because it's more then obvious that it's working.

Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to the board.

Thanks alot man, hearing people tell me that just makes me want to train even harder!

A short version of my training routine is i wakeup, and before i eat anything i go to the gym and do 30min of cardio Then i eat breakfast, head to work, snack on a metrx bar or metrx shake before lunch. After lunch i try to snack on banana's, apples, etc. Once im off of work i hit the gym and do my lifting routine followed by another 15-30min of cardio. After the gym i go home and eat dinner. My meals are high protein, moderate carbs, and basically just using common sense on what i eat.

I need to work more on my love handles and chest. I would like to cut another 15-20lbs of fat and replace it with muscle. Those care my goals for the future, hopefully i can attain them soon!

Just some constructive criticism,
    Try doing cardio first in the morning on an empty stomach, then having something to eat before you weight train. You'll burn more fat and the extra food will help fuel your workout. Good job on hitting cardio twice a day! I know how tough it is.

And I'm sure you'll attain your goals sooner then you think. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Just some constructive criticism,
    Try doing cardio first in the morning on an empty stomach, then having something to eat before you weight train. You'll burn more fat and the extra food will help fuel your workout.
    Yeah, i have been doing that. I guess i didnt make it so clear in the above post. Thanks for help though, everyone on here seems to be really helpful and easy to talk to.
    Last edited by hybridbmw; 02-28-2004 at 01:31 AM.

It's a good board. You can check out some others and see for yourself, but AR is one of the cleaner, professional boards on the net. Very little politics and many times straight to the point.

Thread Information