mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member

Mmaximus25 update... 230-232

Despite some leg trouble with my left Ham and flexor I made my goal of 230 and a good BF @ 14%
    heres a few of the back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic7.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic4.jpg  

front.... not great posing... But even if your not a BB competitor like me its the only way to see improvent... right... back me up on that one bros
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic00009.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic5.jpg  

some arm shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic9.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic00012.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic00013.jpg  

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    dang bro, your lookin pretty thick.

Vik
    Vik is offline Junior Member
    looking awesome....keep up the good work

Some legs... the last one is unpumped... I feel my body and waist are so large that I can't just work hard on legs I must go beyond... and it will be some time before my legs can balance my top heavy frame.

I suffered a couple injuries... and have been restricted to light leg extensions until a week ago. I'm still not squating but using the leg press and doing lunges on a track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic5.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic6.jpg   Mmaximus25 update... 230-232-pic14.jpg  

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Nice work man. keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    dang bro, your lookin pretty thick.
    Bigol... I might have to take a look at your leg program minus the Hack squats you swear by. My form goes to **** when going heavy and I feel my back, right inbetween my shoulder blades take a giant crap on me.

Do you think my stomach and lower back strength could be a contributing issue.... I have definetly been lacking on stomach and dead lifts... I remember someone talking that jargon

hey thx Vik and Xavier... I feel I finally got over the weight scale fear... I would weight my self every week some times two three times and it just jacked my head all up. It seems like my ass had 228 labeled... It was just all in tha head... I would like to be alittle more heavier at the same body fat before I begin to lean up. I dont want to go under 225...
    signing off... my wife says its bed time...
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 01-06-2004 at 01:34 AM.

MikeW is offline Associate Member
    Lookin large man! Rear delt is very well developed!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaximus25
    Bigol... I might have to take a look at your leg program minus the Hack squats you swear by. My form goes to **** when going heavy and I feel my back, right inbetween my shoulder blades take a giant crap on me.

Do you think my stomach and lower back strength could be a contributing issue.... I have definetly been lacking on stomach and dead lifts... I remember someone talking that jargon
    mmaximus..If your stomach and lower back muscle are not strong, it makes it more difficult to maintain good form and stability..The two muscle groups really provide the largest part of stabilization when performing compound movements like hacks..This could very well be a large contributor to your form problems and the pain you are experiencing..

Doc M

By the way..You are looking good and thick..I am impressed that you have maintained the level of vascularity in your arms along with the weight increase..Keep it up!!!

Doc M

Also, look at your foot placement while doing hacks. If your feet are to low on the platform you'll pout more pressure on your torso, bowing forwards. High foot placement is what I recommend. Sometimes Ill have my toes over the top of the deck.

But I dont recommed this for someone

Thx Doc, I use to have a saying... I train other body parts to make my squat more powerful and deep. Namely heavy stomach crunches and good mornings. I think since I've stopped weighted stomach curls (I felt like my stomach was protruding out even though it was bricked up... and I don’t use GH) and laded off dead lifts your prognosis is right on... I will strengthen those areas and tell you if I see improvement in the following 10 weeks. Thx for your assessment I appreciate it and thx for the comp... I always seem to be a vein sprouter even when bulking…. I haven’t checked my BP in a while. Do you think it could be a factor? I know it something that’s wanted but I wonder about crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    mmaximus..If your stomach and lower back muscle are not strong, it makes it more difficult to maintain good form and stability..The two muscle groups really provide the largest part of stabilization when performing compound movements like hacks..This could very well be a large contributor to your form problems and the pain you are experiencing..

Doc M

Bigol'legs... Send me the wheel programs... I may have to add an extra meal to get though one...ha-ha but sends it anyway when you get a chance... (Put any extra notes if possible, I know I have little extra things I do when doing a particular muscle group)

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Also, look at your foot placement while doing hacks. If your feet are to low on the platform you'll pout more pressure on your torso, bowing forwards. High foot placement is what I recommend. Sometimes Ill have my toes over the top of the deck.

But I dont recommed this for someone

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Bro you look Thick... Keep up the great work

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    looking thick brotha, hows it been going??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tatty is offline Member
    Looking very thick bro...hopefully my bdb will match yours...someday...soon...maybe.

No, I think your bp is probably fine..It may be a little elevated from the additional weight. Some people are just naturally more vascular than others..Thinner skin, superficial veins, diet..All of these play a role..I think you just have all of the above which is a good thing in our game..Keep it up!

Doc M

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    looken thick bro, and look leaner too.
    keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    looking thick brotha, hows it been going??
    Been alot better now my legs are working again... I've been alot more lenient on myself by not rushing trying to add weight.

BullDog, Tatty, ItalianMuscle... I appreciate the support, I would like to be 335 at the same BF. This is really how I measure my lean mass while bulking but my real goal is to stay a 230 for a bit longer and let my body get use to the weight... then I'll lean up a little and see if I can snag my goal of 225 @ 9%

THX, bros but no one has said anything about my upper body dwarfing my legs??? I guess its a good thing, but I still see it as my main work area

diesel21 is offline Member
    lookin good

Bigol'legs... Send me the wheel programs... I may have to add an extra meal to get though one...ha-ha but sends it anyway when you get a chance... (Put any extra notes if possible, I know I have little extra things I do when doing a particular muscle group)
    you got your wish

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Lookin good bro... I agree with the doc and big old... I think that form, foot placement and stabilization muscle have a lot to do with ur pain... If u never to abs and have a strong back ur body will have the tendancy to hunch over foward because ur abs are week and cant support ur back, and visa versa... I suggest doin some compound movements and the ball, and concentrating on ur abs.... BUt u look good bro..

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    mmaximus25,

Good job, bro. People have already touched on the major points.

You look good--solid and thick all over (we didn't even have to twist your arm to post pics of the wheels). Keep up the good work!

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    WOW bro your huge. Great arms and chest! Keep up the good work.

Thx B8K, Bigboy, Vidooch... I will start working on my stomach again... EOD

I guess when I lean up you guys can pick out my need to work areas.

I still think my legs and arms need more size to balance out my wide body

I still think my legs and arms need more size to balance out my wide body... Bask8Kase dont you think so bro?

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    mmaximus25,

Good job, bro. People have already touched on the major points.

You look good--solid and thick all over (we didn't even have to twist your arm to post pics of the wheels). Keep up the good work!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    I still think my legs and arms need more size to balance out my wide body... Bask8Kase dont you think so bro?
    mmaximus25,

Here's my take on the situation:

--I think you're leg development is coming along well.
    --You have enough size to be able to see the cuts in your legs (tear drop) during a bulking phase.
    --Your calves are a good size and well proportioned with respect to your legs.
    --Yes, you have a strong, thick upper body that will require you to work your legs harder to balance them out; however...
    --The "imbalance" is not obvious. Because so many people neglect their legs, when one sees someone with your leg development, one tends to breathe a sigh of relief thinking, "Finally, here's someone who pays attention to the lower body!"
    --I like the pics of your double bi pose from behind: You have good symmetry and balanced development from your forearms through your bis, tris, rear delts and upper back.
    --I'd like to see more development of your front delts. I can't tell whether they are bit underdeveloped or your arms are just dwarfing them (from the front). Your rear delts are fine—nicely done.
    --As I've said many times, you're a thick and solid man. So, when I look at the pics of your legs and back, it builds an expectation to see a thicker, more developed chest when you strike front double bi and front lat spread poses. I’d like to see your pecs create a solid drape of muscle from your front delts, along your armpits and back to the center of your chest while doing the two front poses I mentioned (This might just be a cutting issue).
    --You mentioned your arms. I don’t know your measurements. I think your arms look big. Looking at the pics it seems that you have an incredibly wide rib cage that fills out your upper body nicely (Did you do vacuums and pullovers to create that?). You can add more size to your arms—it wouldn’t hurt. But, it doesn’t strike me as an obvious imbalance.

My $0.02 worth of advice would be bet on you concentrating on (in order of importance):
    1. Forging the thick chest drape I’ve described above.
    2. Front (possibly side too) delt work.
    3. Keep blasting those legs to make you happy (although, the “imbalance” is not as drastic as you think).
    4. Blast your bis to bring them into proportion (as in #3 above mainly to make yourself happy because the imbalance you mentioned is not immediately apparent).

I hope that helps.
    Keep tearing and rippin’ and building it up stronger, bro.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-07-2004 at 05:53 PM.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Looking large and in charge brother...

Wow. Thx bro.... that is the best critique I’ve ever received verbally or written. This really helps me more than you know... I’ll be sure to bring my chest up to the level you speak of... There is body fat there but I believe my chest does need the attention you spoke of. I will continue to improve on each point, thx… The only way I can explain how well you’ve critiqued me is... I'm itching to get at the improvements all at once, even though I'm at work... This is what makes our game fun and I know you understand that. I would recommend anyone here to get a critique by B8k....
    Thx again bro... I really do appreciate the time and support you just gave me...

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    mmaximus25,

Here's my take on the situation:

--I think you're leg development is coming along well.
    --You have enough size to be able to see the cuts in your legs (tear drop) during a bulking phase.
    --Your calves are a good size and well proportioned with respect to your legs.
    --Yes, you have a strong, thick upper body that will require you to work your legs harder to balance them out; however...
    --The "imbalance" is not obvious. Because so many people neglect their legs, when one sees someone with your leg development, one tends to breathe a sigh of relief thinking, "Finally, here's someone who pays attention to the lower body!"
    --I like the pics of your double bi pose from behind: You have good symmetry and balanced development from your forearms through your bis, tris, rear delts and upper back.
    --I'd like to see more development of your front delts. I can't tell whether they are bit underdeveloped or your arms are just dwarfing them (from the front). Your rear delts are fine—nicely done.
    --As I've said many times, you're a thick and solid man. So, when I look at the pics of your legs and back, it builds an expectation to see a thicker, more developed chest when you strike front double bi and front lat spread poses. I’d like to see your pecs create a solid drape of muscle from your front delts, along your armpits and back to the center of your chest while doing the two front poses I mentioned (This might just be a cutting issue).
    --You mentioned your arms. I don’t know your measurements. I think your arms look big. Looking at the pics it seems that you have an incredibly wide rib cage that fills out your upper body nicely (Did you do vacuums and pullovers to create that?). You can add more size to your arms—it wouldn’t hurt. But, it doesn’t strike me as an obvious imbalance.

My $0.02 worth of advice would be bet on you concentrating on (in order of importance):
    1. Forging the thick chest drape I’ve described above.
    2. Front (possibly side too) delt work.
    3. Keep blasting those legs to make you happy (although, the “imbalance” is not as drastic as you think).
    4. Blast your bis to bring them into proportion (as in #3 above mainly to make yourself happy because the imbalance you mentioned is not immediately apparent).

I hope that helps.
    Keep tearing and rippin’ and building it up stronger, bro.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    MMax,

Maybe you "should" enter a contest, I think you "do" have good genetics!
    Nice work bro!

MJ

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I just saw these. Looks like a pretty complete package with nice overall development. My one observation woulkd be to hit you tris with some overhead dumbell or curlbar extensions to get a little more sweep to the bottom of you bicep pose. Lookin large though may be close to 12% bf.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Been alot better now my legs are working again... I've been alot more lenient on myself by not rushing trying to add weight.

BullDog, Tatty, ItalianMuscle... I appreciate the support, I would like to be 335 at the same BF. This is really how I measure my lean mass while bulking but my real goal is to stay a 230 for a bit longer and let my body get use to the weight... then I'll lean up a little and see if I can snag my goal of 225 @ 9%

THX, bros but no one has said anything about my upper body dwarfing my legs??? I guess its a good thing, but I still see it as my main work area
    i really dont see your upper body dwarfing your legs. Dont get me wrong, your upper body is coming along very nice! If you look at your back double bi pose you can see how your legs tie in very well with your upper body. When judging yourself we tend to be more judge mental on what we think is the lagging body part and it becomes a mind set. Just keep plugging away because it will all come together in the end the way you want it to!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    i see why you call yourself maximus.... big swole mo-fo

PJK015 is offline Associate Member
    lookin fu#kin JACKED

whats the tat of??

Spawn and Venom

Quote Originally Posted by PJK015
    lookin fu#kin JACKED

whats the tat of??
    I almost responded to the other thread... like a dumb ass... thx for the comp monkey J and PJK
    I posted a new thread to log my progress while dropping body fat, I feel like my chest, arms and legs are showing more definition in the new thread. But you can decide and critique. Thx again for the comp
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=83625

The tat is a character I use to draw in high school. He’s kind of like a hybrid of Spawn and Venom... Me and a friend passed one particular drawing back and forth adding detail, and it just snapped... " I want a mural on my back" haha.. So I took the drawing to a friend in Laredo that does ink... and he transferred to wax paper then made a carbon copy and then to my back with a single neddle machine (took like 3 or 4 hours). It never made it to the mural I had envisioned with a dragon and other hell spawns, but that’s a good thing... My wife would have never married me if I had a painting on my back...

CutUp is offline Junior Member
    Whats up Mmax, I haven't seen you in awhile (but I haven't been around a long time) Anyway, Progress looks great. Glad to see your on top of things

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Looking truly amazing bro! Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Looking truly amazing bro! Great job.
    Thx Terinox, thx bro...I'm trying to lean these days... to see what I've added. What happen to that green face thing in your Avatar???
    Cutup... you've been MIA too huh... I'm tring not to let work screw my gym time... late

Thread Information