DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member

Cool Delete Or Close Old Message Threads

Hey Guys you have threads that are over 3 YEARS OLD ON THE BACK OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD, you should look into spending sometime and closing anything over a year old so that the server speed will increase when all the ancient data is removed, Just a suggestion, also so we done get anymore snip-its from members stating how old the message was and why it's still around.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Hey, nope they wouldnt delete the old ones. Reason why is for example they deleted a thread i posted in, my post count would decrease.

No one would stand for this.

Plus it would take too long, plus some of the olf thread hold valuable info.

R.Gotti is offline Banned
    good Idea.

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Well then so u don't lose your precious post count which i doubt it really matters, close the old threads older than a year old and put them into a section called
    Steroid Questions Closed Threads, and if they don't want to or don't have the time, heck we all have lives and jobs and families, but it really needs to be done.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    not gonna happen

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    lol yeah right, we all have hundreds of free hours to spare, old threads just stay in the db so people can search for them, thats that, it wouldnt be any more organised to put them somewhere!!

peace

wired-up is offline Member
    other BB's i go to move them to an "archives" area where they are closed. people can still get them in search results, but can't post to them. of course, that BB has over 61,000 (that's not a typo) members on it and they've had to upgrade their servers twice in the last year due to growth!

Thread Information