Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: Zeus' competition entry 17 April 2017

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Kicking ass!!!! Don't worry about the gain right now, you will burn it off......the more muscle you have the less fat you will have later......RETRAIN your mind.

You are looking good. You are going to kill this contest!!!!

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Kicking ass!!!! Don't worry about the gain right now, you will burn it off......the more muscle you have the less fat you will have later......RETRAIN your mind.

You are looking good. You are going to kill this contest!!!!
    Thanks for your support! I'll try my best to turn a blind eye to it now haha.

Diet was horrendous last night hopefully can keep it consistent again so as not to dissapoint

Never actually seen that before. Pretty motivating I would say...

Had a bad day yesterday and let it get to me. Ate 1600 calories clean during the day then because I was so pissed off went to the shop and bought microwavable burgers.... had two of those with loads of wedges and 2 peanut butter and jam sandwitches... wasn't a good night.

Back on track, it's not supposed to be easy
    songdog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post

Had a bad day yesterday and let it get to me. Ate 1600 calories clean during the day then because I was so pissed off went to the shop and bought microwavable burgers.... had two of those with loads of wedges and 2 peanut butter and jam sandwitches... wasn't a good night.

Had a delicious smoothie thing this morning:
    Banana
    80g oats
    200g Greek yogurt
    2 scoops cookies and cream protein powder

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Don't go near junk food be strong, prepare all your food for the day and divide it into 5-6 containers and take it with you for the day. If your serious about this forget about taste and eat what your body needs within reason. Stop eating empty calories and eat to grow from quality food and you will see some serious changes.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Don't go near junk food be strong, prepare all your food for the day and divide it into 5-6 containers and take it with you for the day. If your serious about this forget about taste and eat what your body needs within reason. Stop eating empty calories and eat to grow from quality food and you will see some serious changes.
    I'm on it. Week 1 was a warm up.

In it to win it. Got loads of tubs in the house. Gonna cook loads of chicken tonight.

Hitting bicep and triceps tonight... what do you think of the workout

Straight bar curls 2 working sets
    Dumbbell curl 2 working sets
    Concentration curl 1 working set

Straight bar tri extension 2 working sets
    Close grip bench 2 working sets

In it to win it. Got loads of tubs in the house. Gonna cook loads of chicken tonight.

Just a bit busy to fully look at your workouts but I will do but I did notice once your trained one day the next day you wasn't really up for training because you was exhausted which is a good sing but then I saw you state your going to do some press-ups and get the pump going, this is my book is going backwards, forget doing any additional work like press ups, if your going to train your triceps or chest leave it till chest and tricep day and don't waste your time doing stupid press ups what serve no purpose at all. This period after a heavy intense workout and I hope your doing this, if not drop in my thread and I will show you what intensity is and pushing past your limits to a point your body screams its had enough and has no alternative but to grow, but once worked all you need to do is feed it right and recover and sleep and don't go buying microwave burgers what are filled with shit and don't serve your body any good what so ever, rest and repair and then hit the gym and break down as much muscle tissue as possible via your working programme, I prepare HIT training because its target the biggest thickest fibers on the muscle which will, grow the largest. Once done no need for additional workouts targeting that muscle group like press ups, if you can perform these secondary movement you didn't train hard enough in the first place, and please don't come back and say you could train any harder because you can, your a neewb and you don't full understand it yet but trust me you can ad you will if the desire is there.

Just some tips to keep you motivated in the right direction, train hard and intense, rest and repair, prepare all your meals for the day and divide them up into 5-6 meals and eat them all day long and forget fast food, its shit and serves no purpose except for taste and we don't bother with taste in this game.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Needs improvement in my book but will get back to you, to busy at present and on my phone and cant type with these big fingers

Yeah I guess your right. I think I'm going to failure but like you said I've probably got another 4 or 5 in me. Will certainly pop by your thread tonight. Took to reading it last week and got to around page 50 (mobile app).

While I was buying and eating that last night I had the biggest 'i don't care' dick hat attitude. I do care.

Had a really bad day and I let it impact me which is obviously a little part of weakness that I need strengthened.

But anyway I really appreciate you taking the time to chime in on my thread. It really does make a difference marcus.

I'll post up later on with how I got on gonna fuel up and head after work
    RaginCajun and marcus300 like this.

Yeah I guess your right. I think I'm going to failure but like you said I've probably got another 4 or 5 in me. Will certainly pop by your thread tonight. Took to reading it last week and got to around page 50 (mobile app).

While I was buying and eating that last night I had the biggest 'i don't care' dick hat attitude. I do care.

Had a really bad day and I let it impact me which is obviously a little part of weakness that I need strengthened.

But anyway I really appreciate you taking the time to chime in on my thread. It really does make a difference marcus.

I'll post up later on with how I got on gonna fuel up and head after work
    repost - relates to my way of training

Getting into the training zone mentally is hard work, I've been approached many times via pm on this subject and ive talked a lot about it within my diary thread but it is extremely hard and probably has hard to learn as learning how to train how I've described throughout this thread.

First let me try and get this across about the mental side of training.
    When you see Dorian speak or train you can see he is mentally as well as physically strong. Many of the top Pro's seem to have this ability to have this mental focus to train to the level what is required to stimulate those fibers what seem to grow the biggest. I really do think its something what can be learnt and by perseverance we can get this mental focus and use it to its fullest. I've always had the motivation to train and get big and nothing in my life would stop me but I did have to learn how to release those feelings to train to a level were i wanted to get to. Over time I got the mental edge to train to true positive failure I don't know why but its something over the years what came naturally to me and I've mentioned many times within this thread how I try and get into this zone. For me we all have our little things we do to prepare ourselves before one of those working sets what is going to test us mentally as well as physically, I feel this is an individual thing what you have to find what works for you.

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.

ARE YOU TRAINING HARD ENOUGH?

I've had a few PM's about training and cycles and one thing what shines through to me is that a lot are not training hard enough they dont fully understand how to train correctly. We spend so much time designing cycles and eliminating sides we think we have the perfect environment to grow into something what looks like it was carved out of stone but after 15 weeks of these super cycles most are pming me asking how can they stop the gains sliding away. We assume members are training hard enough and intense enough but in reality they aren't. I see alot of members just coasting through their training sessions and doing a set number of reps and sets and think the diet and AAS will transform them into a living god but all what happens is the gains slide away and they end up going back on gear to get some kind of size back.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to find the right training protocol for your body to grow. You have to try many training routines and find which one you respond best to. We also need to get in the right mind set when we walk in that gym, you going there for one purpose and if you don't push your body beyond what its capable of doing your not going to grow bigger. You want to be leaving that gym feeling like you just done 10 rounds with Tyson in his hay day. You have to go through the pain, you have to push and pull the hardest you have ever done before, you have to push your body to places where its never been before and push past the pain every single time you go in the gym.

Overload your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what, you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it. If you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough. Do you want to be bigger than anyone else, do you want to turn heads and do you want to have that monster size what no one else has got then if this is the case stop FUKING around in the gym and stop going through the motions and push past your limits and use methods what take you to hell and back.

I train that hard my eye balls shake and I find it hard to focus, I mentally prepare myself and think of things what make me angry and I push that last rep out no matter what. I kind of like the pain in certain bodyparts and I can push past it into a world of total hell, I feel like I am on fire and I swear I can feel the blood surging through my veins into the muscle what I am working. When I've done my last working set I know I cant perform another rep even if someone had a gun to my head and said you'll die if you don't do another rep, I know I've come to my limit and the sick thing about this is I actually enjoy it., I dream about it, I think about it and I cant wait to get back in the gym to do it again. Its like I'm self harming because the torture I go through is extremely painful but I know this is what I have to do to maintain what I've got and to build those extra few lbs of tissue. This is what separates the normal guys who look like they go to the gym to the fuking monsters what walk this earth

The mind set you walk into the gym with goes a long way. Releasing the inner aggression so its controlled when lifting the weight is the key to maximizing gains and stimulating growth. Control your mind and you will have the best chance at exploding out of your skin. Find what works for you to get into this zone, sit silently, listen to music, think of a time what really makes you angry or do what ever it takes to get yourself in the zone to lift to your max. This isn't easy to master but once you do the rewards are outstanding. The mind is a very powerful thing and everything starts within the brain so train your inner self to get into the zone. When you watch most of the pro's train you will see them in the zone, its a natural thing what comes easy to them. Think about this next time your about to do your working set

Now are you training hard enough? ask yourself can you train harder because if the answer is yes your restricting your gains and wasting money and time. Why spend all that money on gear, gh and food when your not attacking your body like you should be. Think about it and make your next workout like your going to war with yourself.

repost - relates to my way of training

Getting into the training zone mentally is hard work, I've been approached many times via pm on this subject and ive talked a lot about it within my diary thread but it is extremely hard and probably has hard to learn as learning how to train how I've described throughout this thread.

First let me try and get this across about the mental side of training.
    When you see Dorian speak or train you can see he is mentally as well as physically strong. Many of the top Pro's seem to have this ability to have this mental focus to train to the level what is required to stimulate those fibers what seem to grow the biggest. I really do think its something what can be learnt and by perseverance we can get this mental focus and use it to its fullest. I've always had the motivation to train and get big and nothing in my life would stop me but I did have to learn how to release those feelings to train to a level were i wanted to get to. Over time I got the mental edge to train to true positive failure I don't know why but its something over the years what came naturally to me and I've mentioned many times within this thread how I try and get into this zone. For me we all have our little things we do to prepare ourselves before one of those working sets what is going to test us mentally as well as physically, I feel this is an individual thing what you have to find what works for you.

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.

ARE YOU TRAINING HARD ENOUGH?

I've had a few PM's about training and cycles and one thing what shines through to me is that a lot are not training hard enough they dont fully understand how to train correctly. We spend so much time designing cycles and eliminating sides we think we have the perfect environment to grow into something what looks like it was carved out of stone but after 15 weeks of these super cycles most are pming me asking how can they stop the gains sliding away. We assume members are training hard enough and intense enough but in reality they aren't. I see alot of members just coasting through their training sessions and doing a set number of reps and sets and think the diet and AAS will transform them into a living god but all what happens is the gains slide away and they end up going back on gear to get some kind of size back.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to find the right training protocol for your body to grow. You have to try many training routines and find which one you respond best to. We also need to get in the right mind set when we walk in that gym, you going there for one purpose and if you don't push your body beyond what its capable of doing your not going to grow bigger. You want to be leaving that gym feeling like you just done 10 rounds with Tyson in his hay day. You have to go through the pain, you have to push and pull the hardest you have ever done before, you have to push your body to places where its never been before and push past the pain every single time you go in the gym.

Overload your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what, you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it. If you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough. Do you want to be bigger than anyone else, do you want to turn heads and do you want to have that monster size what no one else has got then if this is the case stop FUKING around in the gym and stop going through the motions and push past your limits and use methods what take you to hell and back.

I train that hard my eye balls shake and I find it hard to focus, I mentally prepare myself and think of things what make me angry and I push that last rep out no matter what. I kind of like the pain in certain bodyparts and I can push past it into a world of total hell, I feel like I am on fire and I swear I can feel the blood surging through my veins into the muscle what I am working. When I've done my last working set I know I cant perform another rep even if someone had a gun to my head and said you'll die if you don't do another rep, I know I've come to my limit and the sick thing about this is I actually enjoy it., I dream about it, I think about it and I cant wait to get back in the gym to do it again. Its like I'm self harming because the torture I go through is extremely painful but I know this is what I have to do to maintain what I've got and to build those extra few lbs of tissue. This is what separates the normal guys who look like they go to the gym to the fuking monsters what walk this earth

The mind set you walk into the gym with goes a long way. Releasing the inner aggression so its controlled when lifting the weight is the key to maximizing gains and stimulating growth. Control your mind and you will have the best chance at exploding out of your skin. Find what works for you to get into this zone, sit silently, listen to music, think of a time what really makes you angry or do what ever it takes to get yourself in the zone to lift to your max. This isn't easy to master but once you do the rewards are outstanding. The mind is a very powerful thing and everything starts within the brain so train your inner self to get into the zone. When you watch most of the pro's train you will see them in the zone, its a natural thing what comes easy to them. Think about this next time your about to do your working set

Now are you training hard enough? ask yourself can you train harder because if the answer is yes your restricting your gains and wasting money and time. Why spend all that money on gear, gh and food when your not attacking your body like you should be. Think about it and make your next workout like your going to war with yourself.
    This is what I'm fueling my workout with tonight. This makes me want to attack the gym with the ferocity that you do.

I feel that I'm a terrier yelping and you are the pit bull snarling when doing a set.

I will become as much of a monster as I can in these 12 weeks. My focus in the gym will be on strengthening my mental game. The strength and size will come hand on hand.

I will be abandoning my car tonight because I will no longer be able to lift my arms to drive. Going to absolutely kill this workout. Suppose I'm used to cruising the smaller muscles and just rattling through the set.

Each rep in biceps and triceps will be hard fought through blood sweat and tear.

I am pumped.

Can you tell?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Hey there I am following you and saw this and had to comment. I actually eat more calories then you and am gaining more muscle mass and losing fat daily by how I train. You can replace the fat with muscle. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn daily. Why would you not want to do that?

I know it's a mind f'ck to change your way of thinking, believe me......it's been hard on me as well, but over the past 3 years I have completely changed my ways.

Listen to these guys, they are the best for a reason and really want to see you succeed. If you are depleting your body of the right foods to lose fat, you will also sacrifice what muscle you do have.....that sounds like a lose lose situation. How about give yourself a win, turn your body into a food eating machine, constantly burning fat by building muscle?

Just giving you my thoughts......use this competition to REALLY focus on the good for your body. These guys will help you.
    can someone please clarify this a bit for me. lets assume im skinny fat. 20-24% bf with no real muscle. Is the strategy to increase calories lets say 300 over maintenance and lean bulk for as long as possible. My question is when and where does the fat loss occur. is it during the bulk while you are in a calorie surpluss? or are you saying its just easier after the bulk as muscle burns more calories so the fat comes off faster at the end of the bulk. If it is during the bulk, how are you burning off this fat. Through cardio or is it just intense weight training.I find this interesting as I don't think I ever looked at it from this point of view.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hang in there buddy you can do it! We got your back bro no more temper tantrums with food.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

DAY 9
    So I've had a great day today. Cleared work out of the way nice and early. Then hot some good advice and headed to the gym for another exhausting workout. Diet was spot on today I think. Sorry for the no update yesterday but had a really bad day and I ate like rubbish... probably around 4000 calories and most of it was junk. New day new me am I right.

Changed my mind of the training at the gym today due to the lack of a spotter

DIET
    240g oats (too much?)
    Banana
    600g chicken
    250g brown rice
    Banana
    200g Greek yogurt
    500ml milk
    Protein powder

TRAINING
    Straight bar tricep push down
    -2 warm up sets
    -2 working sets 64kgto fail >forced negs > drop sets

Supinated grip tricep push down
    1 warm up set
    2 working set 50ish kg to fail >forced negs > drop sets

Straight bar bicep curl
    1 warm up
    2 working sets 35kg to fail > forced negs > drop to 25kg

Seated dumbbell curl
    1 working set 12kg to fail > forced negs> drop to 10kg

Seated hammer curl
    1 working set 12kg to fail > forced negs > drop to 10kg
    30mins ish

Supplements
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac
    Preworkout

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Hang in there buddy you can do it! We got your back bro no more temper tantrums with food.
    Hit the nail in the head. That's exactly what id call it lol. Thanks for the support appriciated!

Bounced out of the gym and straight to the store. Got some oats and bananas.

Blazed straight past those bastard burgers still have one in my fridge. Need to get rid of it

Some photos half an hour post workout
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Question...

How much simple carbs vs complex should I be having... 50:50 or another ratio?

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Doing great!!!
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Doing great!!!
    Pressure is building too much to fail!
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Blog Entries
    This is what I'm fueling my workout with tonight. This makes me want to attack the gym with the ferocity that you do.

I feel that I'm a terrier yelping and you are the pit bull snarling when doing a set.

I will become as much of a monster as I can in these 12 weeks. My focus in the gym will be on strengthening my mental game. The strength and size will come hand on hand.

I will be abandoning my car tonight because I will no longer be able to lift my arms to drive. Going to absolutely kill this workout. Suppose I'm used to cruising the smaller muscles and just rattling through the set.

Each rep in biceps and triceps will be hard fought through blood sweat and tear.

I am pumped.

Can you tell?
    marcus is awesome and you would do well to absorb every ounce of info that he has shared with you, as i think you have...this info is gold my friend...your doing great zeus keep at it bro...
    AKD_FitChick and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    marcus is awesome and you would do well to absorb every ounce of info that he has shared with you, as i think you have...this info is gold my friend...your doing great zeus keep at it bro...
    Yeah I gathered... extracting as much as I can lol.

Had a little set back but should be clean sailing from here on.
    How goes it on your side ghetto?

Blog Entries

things are going great...im taking it slow and steady right now getting my body primed before I blast last 8 weeks gear and training wise...
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    things are going great...im taking it slow and steady right now getting my body primed before I blast last 8 weeks gear and training wise...
    Jealous! Souds great man

Some points you really need to have clear zeus

Don't take anything I say as a negative towards you because ive been where you are and many other people have, so don't take anything I say as a negative and dontput up a brick wall to what I am going to say.

Training - you really need to find your sweet spot in training, its ok writing that you did an awesome workout what took you to hell and back but in all honesty you didn't, your new and it takes time to train the brain and also the body but most of all the mind set to go to failure, that if your going to train HIT. There are many types and variations of it but some basic principles are the foundation. Its impossible for you to train to failure after two or tree session trying HIT infact you have more chance of walking on water, so get that in your head but you are on the right direction. Failure doesn't start in the gym it starts in the mind. I would read every post in my thread if you want to learn and train the mind. I'm not say HIT is the be all end all of training programs but I will state it builds monsters what turn heads If you really feel your training to your max and you cant go any further into the pain zone and past failure where the type 2b fibers fire which build the thickest and biggest muscles then, just think of me coming to your gym and training you for two days, I can promise and this isn't being cocky you wont turn up for the second days training so think about that and check out the info in my thread from all the hardcore HIT'er, just ask nach how long it took him to fully understand

Food - you need to stop eating junk, you need to divide all your meals up for the day and take them with you and make sure you eat them all, forget taste we are feeding a body what wants repair from the intense workouts. This is something new what is going to be with you for the rest of your life if you want size what freaks people out. Also every few lobs you gain you have to adjust your cals to suit the new body weight plus increase for further growth, at some stage you will be eating not because your hungry but to maintain your size. Its a strange feeling but something you need to master.

As you can see you have a lot in front of you but all the answers are here on this forum.

One last thing - mind set - ive got a whole article on this one and it all starts in the mind

I completely understand and if I came across in posts as a know it all that was not my intention. I am as open as can be to criticism and guidance, especially off you guys.

I absolutely agree that I don't have the mindset of a champion, if it were that easy then everyone would be a walking monster.
    Having said that, if I leave a gym session doing this style of training and not feeling that I have pushed to or past my 'failure' I will put it down as a bad session. Regardless whether I make it to this point or not... my next session will be better and kill me more than the previous.

As far as diet goes. Junk is out. I am making a promise on this thread right here and now that the junk is finishes. Permission to be flamed if I include junk in any further meals.
    Beginning to enjoy oats and bananas so that's good

I thank you for taking the time to post such detailed pieces in my log

I am working my way through your hit thread at a good pace. Taking notes.

My mind and body will improve and progress if it kills me
    marcus300 and AKD_FitChick like this.

I completely understand and if I came across in posts as a know it all that was not my intention. I am as open as can be to criticism and guidance, especially off you guys.

I absolutely agree that I don't have the mindset of a champion, if it were that easy then everyone would be a walking monster.
    Having said that, if I leave a gym session doing this style of training and not feeling that I have pushed to or past my 'failure' I will put it down as a bad session. Regardless whether I make it to this point or not... my next session will be better and kill me more than the previous.

As far as diet goes. Junk is out. I am making a promise on this thread right here and now that the junk is finishes. Permission to be flamed if I include junk in any further meals.
    Beginning to enjoy oats and bananas so that's good

I thank you for taking the time to post such detailed pieces in my log

I am working my way through your hit thread at a good pace. Taking notes.

My mind and body will improve and progress if it kills me
    Well said
    hollowedzeus and AKD_FitChick like this.

DAY 10

So I got up this morning and headed for a back workout. Wasn't really a great one. I don't know just felt everything in my biceps and didn't feel overly strong deaflifting either. Managed 170kg but I know I can go higher. Food on point. Other than that I had a relaxing day.

TRAINING
    Deadlifts max set 170kg
    Lat pull down 2 working sets
    Seated row 2 working sets
    Forearm flexion (?) Front and back 2 sets

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3000 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Edit weight 181.4lbs
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 04-26-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    marcus300 and Capebuffalo like this.

DAY 10

So I got up this morning and headed for a back workout. Wasn't really a great one. I don't know just felt everything in my biceps and didn't feel overly strong deaflifting either. Managed 170kg but I know I can go higher. Food on point. Other than that I had a relaxing day.

TRAINING
    Deadlifts max set 170kg
    Lat pull down 2 working sets
    Seated row 2 working sets
    Forearm flexion (?) Front and back 2 sets

DIET
    240g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3000 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Ive written about how to isolate your back by using certain methods and triggers, its one of the hardest things to do because you cant see it and in most cases your arms take over. The post is in my thread and worth a read. Mind muscle connection is vital doing back and don't use to much weight especially on pulldowns. Rows is a different matter but check out my triggers for back workout it will build wide bard door lats

Keep at it and use what you have youth and that natural testosterone

Ive written about how to isolate your back by using certain methods and triggers, its one of the hardest things to do because you cant see it and in most cases your arms take over. The post is in my thread and worth a read. Mind muscle connection is vital doing back and don't use to much weight especially on pulldowns. Rows is a different matter but check out my triggers for back workout will build wide bard door lats

Keep at it and use what you have youth and that natural testosterone
    I'll see if I can dig it up. I almost felt like I never had a workout in my back. Was probably pretty stupid to do back right after biceps too...

Now that you mention that actually I need to get back and get my test retested. Came out very sucky for an 18 year old last time but was on keto at the time so this should let me know where I'm at.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    when I do pullups or bent over rows I try to picture myself pulling from the elbows, if that makes any sense. its what I have to do to take my arms out of the movements as much as possible.
    hollowedzeus, ghettoboyd and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    when I do pullups or bent over rows I try to picture myself pulling from the elbows, if that makes any sense. its what I have to do to take my arms out of the movements as much as possible.
    Yeah no that makes sense. It must get considerably harder the stronger you get to isolate the back I imagine. One exercis3 that I really feel in my back, I'm not sure what it's called but you have your arms out straight on the pulley and bring it down to your waist focusing on the lats. I feel this because there is no bicep contraction.

Had a nice relaxing day today. Wasnt overly happy with training today but I've ate my food and going to enjoy my night. Currently wangling my way out of being pressured into going out for junk on Friday. It's not gonna happen.

How do you guys socialise effectively If your diet is on point all the time and I'm assuming most of you don't drink? I don't
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Had a nice relaxing day today. Wasnt overly happy with training today but I've ate my food and going to enjoy my night. Currently wangling my way out of being pressured into going out for junk on Friday. It's not gonna happen.

How do you guys socialise effectively If your diet is on point all the time and I'm assuming most of you don't drink? I don't
    I nearly stopped entirely to better my body. A relax day is great. I took off work today to save myself muscle loss.
    Thats when you know you are obsessed. you start shaping your life around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

I nearly stopped entirely to better my body. A relax day is great. I took off work today to save myself muscle loss.
    Thats when you know you are obsessed. you start shaping your life around it.
    I don't like what drinking does to people so I cut that out pretty sharpish. But I suppose it's a lifesyle. I live around a farming community. Milking cows morning and night day in day out. Why? Because they are farmers.

Why do we do what we do? Same reason

How's your pct going obs

Going to do a little cardio today and abs I think. Weighed 182.6lbs this morning
    Also back and arms are pretty sore
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 04-27-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Cracked out some abs and 150kcal of cardio. Not bad. Back feels sore so yesterday but have been an okay gym session

DAY 11
    Getting heavier hopefully it's not all fat. Just hit abs and a teeny bit of cardio yo keep the heart pumping. Had a little extra oats after gym. Bulk is going good. Going like a freight train. Aint nothing gonna stop me

TRAINING
    Hanging leg raise 4x12
    Pulley machine crunch 4x15
    Leg raise crunches 3x8
    10 mins treadmill 150 calories

DIET
    280g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3150 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Weight 182.6lbs

DAY 11
    Getting heavier hopefully it's not all fat. Just hit abs and a teeny bit of cardio yo keep the heart pumping. Had a little extra oats after gym. Bulk is going good. Going like a freight train. Aint nothing gonna stop me

TRAINING
    Hanging leg raise 4x12
    Pulley machine crunch 4x15
    Leg raise crunches 3x8
    10 mins treadmill 150 calories

DIET
    280g oats
    550g chicken
    Banana
    500g brown rice
    Protein powder
    400ml milk
    Brocolli
    4 eggs
    3150 calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    3000mg fish oil
    Zma
    Msm glucosamine
    Creatine
    Bcaa
    Nac

Weight 182.6lbs
    Switched the eggs for 50g peanut butter... need to buy eggs fml

I know it seems nuts but I feel a little leaner and a reached down to unplug something and caught a glimpse of the vein running from my bicep down my arm sticking out... never seen it without a pump before
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information