Thread: I'm new.

Honeybaby is offline Female Member

I'm new.

Hi you guys. I'm new to the forums and I lack access to the female only forums. I am 5'6" and I weigh 200 lbs. (Some of it is muscle, but it's all covered by fat.) I have a couple of questions. Lately I have been super depressed with how I look and feel. My Mother's side of the family are ALL extremely obese including my Mom. My dad's side of the family are all tall and skinny, so I'm stuck in between. Only, I'm a little more on the fat side. I don't want to end up like my Mom's side of the family and the road I am taking it just seems like that's where I'm headed. (I'll post a picture in my bio when i get one.)

Anyhow, I worked with a personal trainer for about 8 months 6 months ago a little longer. I lost about 25 lbs, but then when I took a semester off of college it all came back and then some. I lead a very active lifestyle, I have my scuba diving license (I love to scuba), I go to a local rock climbing gym, I own two of my own businesses which requires me to walk a lot since one of my businesses requires gardening (fruits/veggies/spices). I am pretty strong, but I can't seem to get the fat off of my muscle. I mean I just look and feel like a blimp. What do I do? The workout plan my trainer gave me is long gone, because I can't find it and I really can't afford another personal trainer. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, I do know that when I was with my personal training I did shoulders/back one day, abs/arms another, legs another, and aerobics on another day. I don't have time for all of that now!

Welcome to the board! I forget which MOD you PM for access to the female only forum, but I'm sure someone will have the answer here soon.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i can change ur access, will do it in a min, however just want to say i identify with all your feelings about losing weight, for some of us its a hard slog, but it is possible and ur in the right place. Do some reading and some research, get some help with motivation im sure you can turn it around

peace

jbol is offline Senior Member
    welcome

Honeybaby is offline Female Member
    Thanks you guys for the quick response. I appreciate it.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybaby
    Hi you guys. I'm new to the forums and I lack access to the female only forums. I am 5'6" and I weigh 200 lbs. (Some of it is muscle, but it's all covered by fat.) I have a couple of questions. Lately I have been super depressed with how I look and feel. My Mother's side of the family are ALL extremely obese including my Mom. My dad's side of the family are all tall and skinny, so I'm stuck in between. Only, I'm a little more on the fat side. I don't want to end up like my Mom's side of the family and the road I am taking it just seems like that's where I'm headed. (I'll post a picture in my bio when i get one.)

Anyhow, I worked with a personal trainer for about 8 months 6 months ago a little longer. I lost about 25 lbs, but then when I took a semester off of college it all came back and then some. I lead a very active lifestyle, I have my scuba diving license (I love to scuba), I go to a local rock climbing gym, I own two of my own businesses which requires me to walk a lot since one of my businesses requires gardening (fruits/veggies/spices). I am pretty strong, but I can't seem to get the fat off of my muscle. I mean I just look and feel like a blimp. What do I do? The workout plan my trainer gave me is long gone, because I can't find it and I really can't afford another personal trainer. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, I do know that when I was with my personal training I did shoulders/back one day, abs/arms another, legs another, and aerobics on another day. I don't have time for all of that now!
    Welcome to the board. I love to see women that are into the sport...

mattman is offline Junior Member
    welcome to the club!

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    welcome

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome to the site

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    hey honey..welcome, you'll find loads of info here..right along with awesome advice and support. Just from your post here a few things that I always try to keep in mind. I'm gonna list em, but totally willing to go more into things for ya if you want. Keep in mind also...this is my opinion...but experience works

Nutrition is 80% of your results
    45 minutes in the gym per day is enough
    drink lots and lots of water
    break your meals into 5 or 6 small meals durning the day
    try to balance your p/c/f intake......50-25-25 % works for me for example
    set goals, they'll help you design how you train
    don't deprive yourself of anything.... everything in moderation
    get enough sleep
    ask questions
    leave your ego in the car when you go to the gym

last...and imho...most important... Lift Like a GIRL! ...slogan from my favorite t-shirt....I lift like a girl! You don't have to be ugly to be strong good luck!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome.

D

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    welcome to AR

birsling is offline Member
    Hi Honeybaby, welcome. I feel for you. I am one of the many people here who did a natural transform, and will be glad to help you do the same. Enjoy the board!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    welcome and good luck

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to t AR. You should find plenty of help with your problem.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Better late than never, WELCOME!!

Thread Information