Sheena is offline Female Member

Exclamation Let me in... !!!!

Hi ! My name is Sheena. I'm a 30 yr old mom of four kids (ages 9,6,4 & 2). I hail from Malaysia and I am an aerobics & fitness instructor as of 6 months ago. - so relatively still a freshie in this industry. I have been an obese for as long as I could remember until about a year ago, when something tragic happened in my life - I found out my husband was cheating on me for the past three years !!! I thought my life was over and I wanted to die but in trying to get rid of the pain, I started running. There's a park near my house where I would run and run for an hour until I drop from exhaustion. I was actually hoping I could kill myself from cardiac arrest but it never happened. I did that everyday after work (used to work in an office)just because I didn't want to come home and see his face. After a month, my weight dropped from 150lbs to 142lbs (12lbs) And I discovered that all that exercise was making the whole trauma seemed easier to handle. I went one step further and enrolled into a gym for the first time in my life and started to do weights. I lost a further 20lbs over the next 3 months and all of a sudden my whole wardrobe needed major makeover coz ALL the clothes I was so used to were WAAAY too big for me. Since then, I became a workout junkie and had not stopped working out eversince.
    To make the story short, my husband left the other woman the very day I found out about the affair. He had not contacted her at all since then and I know he was really sorry and regretted what he did. We have been trying, successfully, to work through this ordeal. I know we love each other very much and as much as he hurt me, I was not ready to let go of our ten year marriage. For our sake and the children's.
    I am a lot happier now - before the whole thing happened, our marriage, my life, were aimless and almost empty - as if something was missing. I was not really happy with myself. I was overweight, always tired and listless. I guess that contributed to my low self-esteem which affected my relationship with my husband, emotionally and sexually. Now, even though his betrayal will always loom behind us like a dark shadow, I am able to look forward and allow myself to be happy . I am down to a petite 114lbs now (I have NEVER been this small before. EVER !!) My clothes are now in size S (asian). I am still trying to shed off 6 or 7 lbs more, though. I gained self-confidence and a new fitness level which baffled even me. I sleep better, eat wiser and work-out everyday (alternating cardio and weights) My body is firmer , I actually have defined muscles on my legs and shoulders (my arms too, although, I'm still not quite satisfied coz I cannot seem to get rid of my underarm flabs !!) - I look at least 5 years younger (a lot of people I meet were baffled that I have FOUR kids) I get hit on a LOT by men when I'm out alone which is GREAT !! It drives my husband nuts ! Serves him right..
    ANYWAYS....I love what working-out is doing for me, physically and emotionally. I wish I had done it sooner. In fact I am now so into weight-training and aerobics activities that I decided to make a career out of it. I will be taking a course in gym instructing in June - can't wait - and right now busy running around giving aerobic classes, loving every minute of it. I joined AR because I believed that I can never learn too much and I want to be as well-informed about fitness as I possibly can. I have millions of questions which I need answers to, mostly to plateaus and stagnancy in results, which I think I am going through right now so I would be grateful if you can let me join you and post my 1001 questions...hehehe...
    Sorry this is kinda LOOOOOONG - can't help it. So great is my excitement and enthusiasm in this new life I discovered for myself. Thnk you for 'listening'.

Sheena
    In the end, it pays to have the best in the beginning.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    welcome - nice to have ya

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the AR board Sheena!

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Welcome to A.R , happy to have you !

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR. We're glad to have you aboard!!!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Welcome to the board Sheena. Theirs an answer in every member.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Hi, and a huge "WELCOME" aboard from me also.

If I can be of any assistance what so how please don't hessitate to PM me.

Regards

Bouncer

Thread Information