sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~

Joined a while ago, but plan to visit more :)

Hi! I'm Sassy69. I recognize some names from other boards -- hi girls! Quick introduction ---

I currently mod on EF, IT & musclesci.com. I've been active in the board community for about 5 yrs. It happens to coincide w/ my entry into novice BB competition -- board browsing helped me make it between meals during contest prep so I wouldn't lose my mind on low carb days.

I started lifting on a Universal machine at the local YMCA when I was 16, hired my first trainer at a World Gym in 1988 in Phoenix, did my first BB comp in 2000 in S. Florida, followed up with a 2nd show that bombed royally. Attempted a 3rd show in 2002, but had to bail out due to some personal drama (coincidentally associated with the dotcom burst...). After some cross-country moves I finally settled down and, after about 3 months of chiropractic work on some soft tissue damage I had in my lower back, i got the competitoin bug again. Just finished my 3rd BB show 2 weeks ago and now makign a transition into figure. Essentially to compete at higher than local levels I'd have to load up some mass and expect to be much larger durign the off season. Seeing how I'll be passing the dreaded 4-0 this summer, I'm just not much in the mood to beat on my body like that anymore. So always looking to further refine my knowledge of diet, nutrition, training and all the other fun stuff we do so we aren't old before our time.

Incidentally I heard this interview on the radio this mornign on the drive to the gym -- the local radio guys were interviewing these 2 ladies for a movie called "Lipstick & Dynamite" showing at one of the artsy fartsy theaters in town & signing autographs. The movie is a documentary about the history of women in wrestlign - no I dont plan on joining the WWE -- but the ladies beign interviewed were 70 & 75 yrs old and had come from early women's show wrestling, rollerderby, etc. But what really caught my attention was the 70 yr old sayign she was goign to be doing the Senior Olympics soon. Normally she competes in swimming, javelin, shot & hammer throw. (She's 70.) She had to drop out of the track events because she just had her knee replaced. Holy crap. That's amazing. If I'm not slouching in my wheel chair and drooling on myself at age 70, I'll be very happy. If anythign I plan to be riding a Harley, wearing leathers & listening to old KISS music at age 90.

So yea, I better take care of the ol' bod now if I plan to do this....
    hard work = hard bod

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy69
    Hi! I'm Sassy69. I recognize some names from other boards -- hi girls! Quick introduction ---

I currently mod on EF, IT & musclesci.com. I've been active in the board community for about 5 yrs. It happens to coincide w/ my entry into novice BB competition -- board browsing helped me make it between meals during contest prep so I wouldn't lose my mind on low carb days.

I started lifting on a Universal machine at the local YMCA when I was 16, hired my first trainer at a World Gym in 1988 in Phoenix, did my first BB comp in 2000 in S. Florida, followed up with a 2nd show that bombed royally. Attempted a 3rd show in 2002, but had to bail out due to some personal drama (coincidentally associated with the dotcom burst...). After some cross-country moves I finally settled down and, after about 3 months of chiropractic work on some soft tissue damage I had in my lower back, i got the competitoin bug again. Just finished my 3rd BB show 2 weeks ago and now makign a transition into figure. Essentially to compete at higher than local levels I'd have to load up some mass and expect to be much larger durign the off season. Seeing how I'll be passing the dreaded 4-0 this summer, I'm just not much in the mood to beat on my body like that anymore. So always looking to further refine my knowledge of diet, nutrition, training and all the other fun stuff we do so we aren't old before our time.

Incidentally I heard this interview on the radio this mornign on the drive to the gym -- the local radio guys were interviewing these 2 ladies for a movie called "Lipstick & Dynamite" showing at one of the artsy fartsy theaters in town & signing autographs. The movie is a documentary about the history of women in wrestlign - no I dont plan on joining the WWE -- but the ladies beign interviewed were 70 & 75 yrs old and had come from early women's show wrestling, rollerderby, etc. But what really caught my attention was the 70 yr old sayign she was goign to be doing the Senior Olympics soon. Normally she competes in swimming, javelin, shot & hammer throw. (She's 70.) She had to drop out of the track events because she just had her knee replaced. Holy crap. That's amazing. If I'm not slouching in my wheel chair and drooling on myself at age 70, I'll be very happy. If anythign I plan to be riding a Harley, wearing leathers & listening to old KISS music at age 90.

So yea, I better take care of the ol' bod now if I plan to do this....
    Hey JT! I am glad you made it over here. A more serious environment is at AR

Thx for bringing me back hun!
    hard work = hard bod

Thx for bringing me back hun!
    Hey J, Post up some of you recent contest pics.

very nice!

thank u
    hard work = hard bod

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    awsome! and Welcome!!

thanks for sharing your pics
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Looking good girl.

Thx guys! Glad to share! It was a small show but an amazing night!
    hard work = hard bod

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    big show small show, doesnt really matter. You got your asson stage and gave it your best is what counts! You had fun and look good doing it!

BTW you said you liked riding harley's which makes you even more cooler in my book!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

LOL Now if I could just afford one ....!
    hard work = hard bod

Too busy supporting my competition habit ...
    hard work = hard bod

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I know you..:P

SHRED is offline Senior Member

chewmaize is offline New Member
    Very Nice

Thx! Ya gots ta love da iron!
    hard work = hard bod

easypass is offline Female Member
    you mentioned that you are making a transition into figure...what does your diet look like?

easypass is offline Female Member
    your pictures look great by the way

fashionp0p0 is offline Banned
    Oooh wow... thats intense...

bett is offline New Member
    40 the best age to get serious u look great and seem to know how to get big, lol if u enjoy go for it
    my g/f is nearly 50 and on cycle and she looks awesome lol lucky me ad u do too good luck
    bett

Quote Originally Posted by easypass
    you mentioned that you are making a transition into figure...what does your diet look like?
    The diet is pretty much the same as for BB. The training is a bit diff. Plus I'm at a good baseline as a result of my last show.
    hard work = hard bod

sup sassy? Are we going to meet up at the olympia? I have big mike as a present for ya

lol are you gonna put a big bow on big mike so I know who to look for?
    hard work = hard bod

lol are you gonna put a big bow on big mike so I know who to look for?
    sure, does that mean you will unwrap him

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to AR! Looking Great!

Thread Information