Thread: new

rbrite is offline Female Member

new

HI,
    I have been lifting for a few years now, also competed in my first figure competition last fall. I'm looking for ways to break out of my plateau, and hoping these boards help. Thanks!
    Brite

Welcome to AR!!

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to AR, just ask away, there's definitely enough knowledge here to help you out with any question you might have

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Brite, Welcome to the brd!!

sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~
    Welcome to the boards girl! What are you looking to change / improve after your first experience on stage?
    hard work = hard bod

coaltrain is offline New Member
    welcome to ar.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR! This board can be a great help if you let it!

v-twin is offline Associate Member
    welcome

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Welcome aboard!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    welcome!

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    welcome to ar

Wow thanks for the welcomes! Sorry took so long to get back...been working a ton! In general, I am looking to just gain lean mass all over. Most specifically in my legs and arms...I have what I call the skinny limb syndrome haha. I have a really hard time building my legs and arms. Especially my legs. I have been training for a couple yrs... lifting heavy, done the creatine thing, have clean diet etc, eating about 150g of clean protein a day (Im about 135lbs) and am frustrated at the fact that I can seem to get above my current weight without putting on what seems like mostly bad weight. I have been reading over some posts as to what some females start out with and it seems alot of girls recommend anavar . Considering trying it. Ive read no more than 20mg a day spread throughout the day for 10- 12 weeks. Does that sounds about right? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, talk soon.
    Brite

bmf2 is offline Elite Female - AR-Hall of Famer
    While var would be the best to start with... you would not want to start with anymore than 5 mg the first week and then possibly move to 10 mg for 8 to 12 weeks if you have no problems or side effects...

how about giving just a little more info like what your diet and training look like... maybe there is something else needs tweaking...

also you will want to read as much as possible about the benifets as well as side effects of anything you may chose to use....

Thanks for the reply. I have been all over the palce reading as much as I can about var recently. I vary my program about every 2 months. Currently I am doing a 4 day split. I am experimenting with seperate days for quads/thighs b/c, like I stated Im desperate for some growth. Basically stick to a lot of compound movements in any program Im doing. I do cardio 2x a week on my off days 20-30 minutes. So right now Im doing chest and shoulders, quads and tris, hams and bis, and back and calves. iI know its a very different program but different is good for me b/c it keeps me from getting bored. I will be switching to a normal Back/bis, chest/tris soon but havent decided if Im going to go back to one leg day or not.
    As for my diet.....
    Sample day
    Breakfast- 1 egg, 3/4 c egg whites, 3/4 oats w milk or water, grapefruit
    Lift- post workout shake with a banana
    Lunch- chicken breast or tuna with a pita/sweet potato or rice
    Snack- whey with milk or water and 1 piece of fruit (occasionally a cookie finds its way in here as well)
    Dinner- large salad with chicken and brocolli,s ometimes also a hard boiled egg ; tbsp salad dressing, 1 cup grapes
    Snack- 5 pieces of tukey, 1 turkey peperette and 1 tbsp pb

Throught the dayill have a handful of kashi or something once or twice as im on my way out. I eat out about once a week, but make smart choices; for the most part i tick to shi but if i have a craving for somethign ill have somethign small ie a cookie or a fat free cappucino.
    Any input appreciated!

PS I have not been granted access to the pirvate female boards and cant send a PM to the admin.... can anyone help me out?

Thread Information