coolcargirl is offline Female Member

Contest in 9 weeks

Hi...I am new here. I am competing in figure (again) in 9 weeks. I am natural but really want to lean down fast. Been dieting for about 7 weeks. I am at 16% 5' 4 and 135. I hold my weight in my legs and butt...typical woman. HELP! I want to be lean, lean lean. I want to win and need to take it a step higher. What do you suggest and where to get?
    Thanks.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    hi ,,good Luck with your show and welcome…

sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~
    Start w/ your current diet, training & cardio. Are they all tight? Are you making progress with them? E.g. 1% bf drop/ week? If not is it time to change them up? Is your diet 100% clean? How much cardio? It takes me 2-3 sessios/day to get to contest shape. Are you doing steady state cardio or HIIT (interval) sessions? Diet-wise, have you tried doing carb cycling / rotation? I rely primarily on carb manipulation to get my bodyfat down for competiton.
    hard work = hard bod

My diet is very clean. I eat 5-6 time a day. I just changed my diet again 2 days ago. I am carbing every 3rd day. I was losing 1% each week and then it started to decrease to only .5% or so. That is why I changed my diet. I am waking up at 5:00am to do 45 minutes of cardio on an empty stomach. Usually cardio 4 days. I hit the gym after work 5 days. Occassionally, I do more cardio at night. I mix up my cardio. Right now I am doing the stepper or eliptical steady for 1 minute, hitting it hard and fast for 30 seconds then back to 1 minute and so on. I come form a large family. I am the smallest and am constantly training and dieting to stay small. I do hold my weight in my legs. My upper body is coming in nice. I am much leaner in my upper body. I appreciate your help. You look great!

Quote Originally Posted by coolcargirl
    Hi...I am new here. I am competing in figure (again) in 9 weeks. I am natural but really want to lean down fast. Been dieting for about 7 weeks. I am at 16% 5' 4 and 135. I hold my weight in my legs and butt...typical woman. HELP! I want to be lean, lean lean. I want to win and need to take it a step higher. What do you suggest and where to get?
    Thanks.
    Good luck on your diet and the show.

sassy69 is offline ~Female Vet~
    Most women are leaner in their upper bodies - ain't estrogen a bitch?

It seriously sounds like you are on track. If you are 16% now and 9 weeks out, losing 0.5% / week - that's 4.5% bf you could conceivably lose in 9 weeks. That gets you to 11.5%. Also remember that during the last week of prep you do the water manipulation, etc that will get you leaner as well.

I don't know what your training is like, but if your issues are in the caboose, are you doing shitloads of walking lunges? I'm 3 weeks out from a show and I've been doing 4 x 60 steps of walking lunges just as part of my daily warmup BEFORE i start training. I also do cardio 2 x / day, and currently I'm doing 3 x/ day on the weekends.
    hard work = hard bod

Fitgirl2 is offline Female Member
    Hello,

I am new to all of this but i went to a couple shows over the summer and i really want to compete. I have been lifting for over a year now but i have no idea about the dieting. when you say your diet is clean what do you mean? The show i want to compete in is not unti june of 06 so i have a lot of time but i do want to do a trial run. do you have any advice on the diet?

thanks so much

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitgirl2
    Hello,

I am new to all of this but i went to a couple shows over the summer and i really want to compete. I have been lifting for over a year now but i have no idea about the dieting. when you say your diet is clean what do you mean? The show i want to compete in is not unti june of 06 so i have a lot of time but i do want to do a trial run. do you have any advice on the diet?

thanks so much
    Post specific diet questions in the diet forum. A clean diet, is just that, no junk. Especially pre figure/bodybuilding contest you can't have any high GI carbs, also you want to limit saturated fat and cholesterol year round.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Go to www.beverlyinternational.com. You can get sample diets or they can help you free on line. You will have to see what works for you and choose foods you like so that dieting is not miserable. Always keep in mind...although some foods taste really good it is about fueling your body. There is no eating for pleasure when training for a show. You have to stay mentally focused and strong with your diet. You are what you eat.

Thread Information