Thread: New Member

Jenna75 is offline New Member

Hi! I am new to this board! I was on this board back in 2002, 2003. I am in dire need of motivation and support. I need to lose weight and get back into the gym. My problem is, I have a new baby boy, and I can't work out at 24 Hour Fitness until my little one is 6 months old! So, I have 4 months to wait. I am trying to be creative and find things to do at home, but so far, I can only think of lunges, squats, sit ups, push ups....

Any ideas would be appreciated!

My fitness goals are to lose weight, tone up, and get more energy! I am counting on muscle memory!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    a jump rope? if your knees are okay and your baby is out of the way---I did this once for a few months and it really made a huge difference--

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome..

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Welcome!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Welcome and congrats on the newborn.

You might want to think about hiring/buying a treadmill or another similar type of cardio machine. The hiring of fitness equipment as such is pretty cheap these days and there is no hassle involved. They usually delivery + install it, and pick it up when you've had enough of it. 45min of this 4 - 5 times p/week + a good diet and you'll be good to go. This is your best option imo.

Either way, good luck!

-Gear

Jenna75 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Welcome and congrats on the newborn.

You might want to think about hiring/buying a treadmill or another similar type of cardio machine. The hiring of fitness equipment as such is pretty cheap these days and there is no hassle involved. They usually delivery + install it, and pick it up when you've had enough of it. 45min of this 4 - 5 times p/week + a good diet and you'll be good to go. This is your best option imo.

Either way, good luck!

-Gear
    I have never heard of that - hiring/renting cardio equipment. That's a great idea! I will call around. Hopefully there's a place around here that does that. That would be perfect! Thanks for the idea!

Knowledge1st is offline New Member
    Hi, I am new to this board also. I have a 3 year old son, and he has been a major influence in me getting back into shape. It is a giant challenge finding time to work out, and eat right with a child, I am a single dad, which makes it even more challenging! I bought a set of those corney rubber bands with the handles on them. Seriously they helped me transition back into training. Also, Isometrics work wonders as well. Stand in front of the mirror and do high rep sets, just like if you had dumb-bells in your hands, but with no weights, or just ankle, or wrist weights. Focus on feeling the muscle, squeeze, and then stretch. In 4 months, you will be amazed at the difference. As far as motivation, there is none better then being in shape for your child. Best of luck to you, and remember muscle has memory, they will respond!

Thread Information