Thread: Hello Everyone

Workout Barbie is offline Admin's Bitch ;-)

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the bodybuilding world and would like to get my body into shape to possibly do a figure model competition. I have NEVER worked out with weights so I am excited to see the changes that it will make. I am currently about 112lb and I am 5'4. I really want to work on my ass...hahaha. I know I'm going to have to work on everything but that is on the top of my list. I joined the forum on www.probodybuilding.com you guys should check it out and join. I have been chatting with another member and told him that I would like to put up a picture of me now and show my progression. I am open to suggestions and information. Hope to be meeting my goals monthly. You guys have to get on my ass if I don't!!!! Talk to all of you soon.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Workout Barbie View Post
    I'm new to the bodybuilding world and would like to get my body into shape to possibly do a figure model competition. I have NEVER worked out with weights so I am excited to see the changes that it will make. I am currently about 112lb and I am 5'4. I really want to work on my ass...hahaha. I know I'm going to have to work on everything but that is on the top of my list. I joined the forum on www.probodybuilding.com you guys should check it out and join. I have been chatting with another member and told him that I would like to put up a picture of me now and show my progression. I am open to suggestions and information. Hope to be meeting my goals monthly. You guys have to get on my ass if I don't!!!! Talk to all of you soon.
    welcome to AR, your one stop shop for all your bodybuilding needs, lol, now that i've plugged the site it's time to get down to business

glad you're here, whenever you are ready post your diet in detail in the diet section and i'll help you tailor it to your needs

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Strategus is offline Female Member
    What has your workout routine been up until now? Cardio or playing sports?

In general, it takes a couple of years (at least) of serious weight training to build up the amount of muscle needed to compete in figure. If you look at pics of figure competitors, they usually have a fairly thick back and capped delts. These features can definitely be built with natural training, but it does take a while. (And weights are fun!)

To build what you need for figure, you'll need to do heavy compound lifts. Hint: do lots of rows on a regular basis, and also incline bench and military press plus leg presses, squats, etc. etc. You will probably need to eat a slight surplus of (good) calories while you're building strength.

(One's first couple of years of weight training should be natural).

However, if you'd like to try competing before that, the NPC has just added a "bikini" category for next year. You could try that without the lifting background -

Good luck!

P.S. 967 posts, even before picking up the weights??

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Welcome to the AR,
    Go read the diet stuff in that section, then read the first couple pages on Nark and Nova's diet advice, then right up a diet and show them or myself
    And if you wanna work on your butt IMO i'd say to do Squats with just your body weight,and with a wide stance, worked great for my dumb cakes LOL

-AJ

Wink

Have they really added bikini? How well of shape do u have to be in to do that? Oh & ur funny

Quote Originally Posted by Strategus View Post
    What has your workout routine been up until now? Cardio or playing sports?

In general, it takes a couple of years (at least) of serious weight training to build up the amount of muscle needed to compete in figure. If you look at pics of figure competitors, they usually have a fairly thick back and capped delts. These features can definitely be built with natural training, but it does take a while. (And weights are fun!)

To build what you need for figure, you'll need to do heavy compound lifts. Hint: do lots of rows on a regular basis, and also incline bench and military press plus leg presses, squats, etc. etc. You will probably need to eat a slight surplus of (good) calories while you're building strength.

(One's first couple of years of weight training should be natural).

However, if you'd like to try competing before that, the NPC has just added a "bikini" category for next year. You could try that without the lifting background -

Good luck!

P.S. 967 posts, even before picking up the weights??

Talking

Cool I wil definitely put squats and lunges in my workout. Thank you for the advice. Is that you in your Avar?

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    Welcome to the AR,
    Go read the diet stuff in that section, then read the first couple pages on Nark and Nova's diet advice, then right up a diet and show them or myself
    And if you wanna work on your butt IMO i'd say to do Squats with just your body weight,and with a wide stance, worked great for my dumb cakes LOL

-AJ

Strategus is offline Female Member
    Yes - although the NPC hasn't released all the details yet.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ikini&aq=f&oq=

In good shape i.e. look good in a bikini, but not strongly muscular. It's actually controversial because the bodybuilders and figure competitors see it as "dumbing down" the competition.

Hope I'm funny in a good way not bad LOL.

Have they really added bikini? How well of shape do u have to be in to do that? Oh & ur funny

No in a good way thank you for the info

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome to the best site around. No disrespect to your last site of course. Everything you need is right here. Enjoy, and i wish you all the best. stpete.

natureboy is offline Member
    Welcome to AR

oK SO I'm sorry I didn't post my pic today...I had to do this xmas shopping thing today or it wouldn't get here on time. I did go to the gym today I will post tomorrow! Luvs ya!

wB

I posted the pics in the members picture section, so any help and motivation are welcome! Thanks Guys/Gals!

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    velcome!

Bad Viking is offline Junior Member
    welcome

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome!

Smile

THank you!!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!! Now it's time to start watching that diet again...LOL!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome aboard Barbie, i hope to see u around.

Thank you firmechicano831! I am going to post pics of my progress. I unfortunately got sick recently and had to miss a couple workouts and then when I went back I was still not feeling well...so my trainer just did an all over body workout until next week when I am going to hit harder weights less reps and start cardio 2-3x's a week and watch what my nutrition. I do see some results even though I have been sick so I definitely want to post some new pics. You will have to let me know what you think. Thanks!

wB

Thread Information