Thread: I'm *too* rude!

Brindle is offline Female Member

I'm *too* rude!

No intro or anything! I just start posting stuff! <g>

So as not to continue being rude, here it is:
    I've been lifting on & off since high school; I always loved being about to out-lift most of the boys back then! Most of my "off" time is due to some dumb injury or other (accident-prone).
    I'm 30, 5'7", 150# & 19%BF. I'd like to get down to 12% & put on some more bulk. I usually work 3 days, then take one off. I'm thinking about going to six a week. I work everything individually, for the most part.
    My biggest problem is diet. I don't eat crap or anything.. I just can't stomach any meat other than sushi (always hated cooked fish too), so I'm having a hard time with my protein requirements.
    If anybody else is crazy enough to be a pseudo-vegetarian & BB like me, I'd love to hear from you!
    Thanks for your input, everybody!
    ~B

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I don't eat any red meat either but I do eat a chit load of chicken, fish and turkey.

I knew a girl in Barbados that won a few BB comps. She switched to vegitarian and she lost her tone almost completely. The first time I saw her on stage was after she had been Veg for a year or two and I honestly thought she was a beginner BB. Make sure you get your protein somehow. I don't know much about being veg.....can you take it from eggs or whey protein? If you can't take in protein any other way get it via your raw fish (eck) or shakes. Isn't there a soy protein shake mix out there? What about tofu? Is there protein in that? I can't stomach that stuff either....4 yrs in Japan...I never want to see sushi or tofu again.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Check out this post....it might give you some direction.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...ght=Vegitarian
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

wyst is offline Female Member
    Nuts! and greek low fat yoghurt! Two nice protein sources. I 've lived in Japan too, Commando Barbi, but after being back in the states for so long, I really miss good sushi. One question about the soy shakes...isn't soy really high in estrogen precursors or something like that? I mean, I know you gotta get the protein, but would that eliminate some of the BB specific benefits? I'm not knocking your suggestion, understand...I'm genuinely curious--would like to know more.

xoxo

Wyst

PS: Brindle, you might get more answers on other AR boards...I think this one is pretty much just for "hello, I'm new kinda things," maybe.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Welcome Brindle. I am also a "sort of"vegetarian. It's been about 10 years since I have eaten any mammal animal, but I still eat poulty and fish. And I do eat some dairy products, but not a lot.
    Little Girl and her man eat pretty much the same way as me, and if you have seen her photos, you will see that it's possible to build a lot of muscle with no red meat.

Have you tried the soy based meat replacement products? They can usually be found in the vegetable section at the grocery store.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

dino is offline Female Member
    Hi Brindle

Welcome!
    Dino
    (the one and only)

Brindle is offline Female Member
    Thanks! I basically need to get back to planning a better variety of meals. I've been too lazy & eating the same 6 things for the last two months while out of the gym w/ a nasty back injury.
    My Doc has *finally* cleared me for light lifting. <!!>
    Can't wait, as I had been hoping to compete this spring. I'm pretty sure I've lost too much time at this point, but I'll have to see!
    Thanks for your suggestions & welcome! >;^)
    Tashi

Thread Information