Thread: New member

JeanieColorado is offline Female Member

Hello,
    my name is Jeanie and I live in Colorado. I have been on quite a journey with healthcare in Colorado. Not a good one by the way.
    I started HRT about 7 years ago. It changed my life in so many positive ways. I found myself in never ending menopause, so devastating I ended up on anti everything drugs..lol Anyway one morning I decided my situation was insane and did some research, which led to more research. I read the actual studies and peer reviewed publications. I found a great doctor in Cali who knew what he was doing. I had insurance and a good income.

He did all the tests on me that should be done and got me started. Wow! Physically and mentally I was doing great. I can no longer afford his care, I ended up dropping my insurance and will now self pay.

I am,
    5'4", 125 lbs, BP 95/70, 59 years, excellent sugar control,

I am D/D free, always have been.

I currently take OTC vitamin and supplements, adding and removing them as needed

HRT - .05 Vivelle Patch, 2/week, Progesterone 100 mg., 1/day, Testosterone 2.5mg alcohol gel, 1/day

Levoxyl 50mg., 1/day

So what's the problem?
    Well the current doc will only do TSH for thyroid, even though my Free T4 and Free T3 have not been in sync in the past. So I was dragging and packing on pounds and decided to add the 50 levoxyl myself. Really helped which tells me my thyroid is not in good shape. But I hate self dosing.

She calls me this week and says she has decided that she will no longer prescribe test for women. I asked why and she said she wasn't comfortable with it..never once asked my how I was doing.

So I definitely need to find a new doctor who knows how to manage HRT.

I am not a body builder.

I have tried finding a doc on my own, but its been difficult. I can't afford thousands of dollars. I know I can self order the blood work and figure it all out on my own, but frankly I don't want to.

I am not willing to give up my sex life, sense of well being, and physical health because it works for someone who doesn't walk in my shoes.

I have so many questions..
    Jeanie

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the community.

JeanieColorado is offline Female Member
    Thank you!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board luv!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieColorado
    Hello,
    my name is Jeanie and I live in Colorado. I have been on quite a journey with healthcare in Colorado. Not a good one by the way.
    I started HRT about 7 years ago. It changed my life in so many positive ways. I found myself in never ending menopause, so devastating I ended up on anti everything drugs..lol Anyway one morning I decided my situation was insane and did some research, which led to more research. I read the actual studies and peer reviewed publications. I found a great doctor in Cali who knew what he was doing. I had insurance and a good income.

He did all the tests on me that should be done and got me started. Wow! Physically and mentally I was doing great. I can no longer afford his care, I ended up dropping my insurance and will now self pay.

I am,
    5'4", 125 lbs, BP 95/70, 59 years, excellent sugar control,

I am D/D free, always have been.

I currently take OTC vitamin and supplements, adding and removing them as needed

HRT - .05 Vivelle Patch, 2/week, Progesterone 100 mg., 1/day, Testosterone 2.5mg alcohol gel, 1/day

Levoxyl 50mg., 1/day

So what's the problem?
    Well the current doc will only do TSH for thyroid, even though my Free T4 and Free T3 have not been in sync in the past. So I was dragging and packing on pounds and decided to add the 50 levoxyl myself. Really helped which tells me my thyroid is not in good shape. But I hate self dosing.

She calls me this week and says she has decided that she will no longer prescribe test for women. I asked why and she said she wasn't comfortable with it..never once asked my how I was doing.

So I definitely need to find a new doctor who knows how to manage HRT.

I am not a body builder.

I have tried finding a doc on my own, but its been difficult. I can't afford thousands of dollars. I know I can self order the blood work and figure it all out on my own, but frankly I don't want to.

I am not willing to give up my sex life, sense of well being, and physical health because it works for someone who doesn't walk in my shoes.

I have so many questions..
    Jeanie
    Copy and repost in the hormone replacement for females subforum in the steroid forum.

It's hard finding a HRT doctor for women. I am on Estratest after hysterectomy and doctor says he won't keep me on forever. I will start injecting test subcutaneous if needed

Thread Information